DK likely to be traded?

massari

Reaction score
The reason you make this move is to make up for the Jamal Adams trade. Can't be giving out multiple 1sts to make him the highest paid at his position when he apparently isn't even a good fit. Jalen Ramsey, sure.

They can sign Christian Kirk/Chark/Odell Beckham and Center Ryan Jensen for the amount DK will be making.

So the trade is this:

To SEA:
Kirk
Jensen
1st
1st

for

DK

Elemas

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2kbo59v5 said:
TwistedHusky":2kbo59v5 said:
That is a hilariously uninformed statement Maelstrom, even for you.

I don't complain about the cap hits from guys that make a difference.

My concern is how much we blow spending it on JAGs and aging garbage.

Guys like Lacey come to mind. That DL from SF. etc.

You pay your field tilters. Or you have nobody to tilt the field for you.

It's not necessarily a statement on you, so much as it is about how untenable the situation could quickly become if DK wants as big of a contract as I think he will.

I'm a huge DK fan, but would I take 2 firsts for him before having to give him a huuuge extension? I would, and I think that's just the way it has to be with a very expensive signal caller.

I can respect this. You’re going to have to choose who you pay at some point. I’d like to see others gone before this route though..

flv

Reaction score
Teams have to pay someone and it makes sense to pay the best players. It wasn't a bad comment by @Maelstrom787, just an exaggeration. Wilson is due $24M and Lockett is due $16.9M. That's a combined 20% of the expected salary cap. Metcalf should expect an extension that earns him more than the currently scheduled $4M.

Spohawks

Reaction score
DK is an all pro on 90% of other teams, but with the Hawks he is the #2 WR... something is very odd about that.

The receiving team is not only getting the #2 or #3 bestWR in the NFL, they are getting him for only 4 million!

The trade value of that combo is off the charts (it's never been seen before)!

The problem is like someone said, without DK, will Lock be a solid #1 with huge numbers?

I say let's gets crazy, shake things up...trade Wilson, trade DK and rebuild this team over the next 2 years to be Superbowl winners.

We got both of those guys right now and they couldn't make the playoffs...what exactly are we out?

AgentDib

Reaction score
It's important to remember that the assets under discussion are not the players themselves. What we actually trade is the contract itself and the value of those contracts depends on the terms as much as the underlying talent level of the player. Comments that talk exclusively about a player's talent level miss the point.

Mahomes is a great QB. A contract with a 7.5m cap hit ('21) for his services is immensely valuable, a cap hit of 35m ('22) is slightly valuable and a cap hit of 47m ('23) is of limited value. How the cap hits are staggered dictate everything about the yearly value that a team is getting from a contract.

DK's contract is currently a very valuable commodity. His production level has been around 15m per season and the contract would allow a team to either play him in 2022 for just a 3.9m cap hit, or extend him to a cheaper longer team deal given the low initial year and threat of a franchise tag. In my view the team needs more of a rebuild and should see him as a trade candidate.

In reality, I doubt trading DK is likely at all. A 90m/4yr extension could have cap hits of 9m/14m/20m/24m/27m and DK is likely to exceed that contract in at least the first three years. I don't see the current FO having a decision horizon longer than the next two years and they should have no problem giving DK a backloaded extension as a result. The only way I see it going differently is if they do focus more on the long-term (which I would view as a good sign), or if they are getting the feeling from DK's agent that it's going to be an extremely difficult extension to work out.

sutz

Reaction score
Rat":e0rk2ibb said:
John63":e0rk2ibb said:
The new rumor is the Hawks trade the whole team for Ohio State.

That would be awesome.
Well, it would guarantee us the top overall pick for a year or two. :twisted:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
sutz":33paeav3 said:
Yeah, sure. Let's trade our budding star WR still on his rookie contract for a old expensive vet on his last legs.

Great idea. :34853_doh:

I love DK, but after Davonte Adams breaks the bank for 25M+ this off season, DK's going to want at least that much.

So yeah, I mean I love DK but why on earth would we want to have a WR making 25-30M a year who has a head coach that doesn't want to make him a focal point of the offense and a QB who's afraid to throw to him unless he's wide open or running go routes.

This discussion is far more than just "DK Good, keep DK." You have to get into our offensive philosophy and cap hit.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If Russ stays, DK is our next best chance to recoup some draft capital. I think we would be better off having 2 first round Picks going to DL and OL at rookie wages than paying our #2 WR top 5 WR money. This is a lot like trading Frank Clark.

chris98251

Reaction score
Jesus when did this become Fantasy Football Dreams and Nightmares site.

Cap, screw it they manipulate it every year to make stuff work, it's not a hard ceiling.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
toffee":25s624gg said:
If Russ stays and DK gets traded, we can assume some issue between the two. I don't believe it as DK idolizes Russell.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

I know early in the season DK would be spotted on RW's social media like they were good homies/friends and vice versa and mid to late season it stopped. It was shortly after the time DK that girl decided to go public about his attempted 3-some. Anyone else notice throws to DK got dramatically less around that time as well. Almost like RW favors throwing to certain people (like Kearse).

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That seems like a lot of reading in to stuff and trying hard to make more out of it. But, I guess we will find out soon enough.