Trade DK?

SeaWolv

Reaction score
DK has inconsistent hands but is getting better.
He is also a matchup nightmare and a field filter. He can also score from almost anywhere on the field, and often does. He is also ridiculously physical for a WR (which comes with pluses and minuses but mainly pluses)
AND he is one of our few true redzone threats.
AND he is one of our best players, and one of the few bankable stars on this team.
Finally, for a WR, he is not at all adverse to blocking - which is not always true for many WRs, even the stars.

Trade him for what? Picks? Mediocre players?

One of the hardest things to get in this league is a field filter.
You don't trade those.
He seems to get upset at times because he wants to win, but so far...we have seen nothing about him being upset about jacking up his stats. For the most part, it is just frustration that we could be winning more but for changes he sought (and most of us also wanted).

Guys with burning desires to win are valuable, they aren't trade fodder. I don't care if he kills a ref with a hammer, if he can be on the field - you win with those guys.
DK's size, 6'4" and 240 lbs of raw muscle, plus a 40 time of 4.33 means if this guy can improve his catch rate and get meshed with a QB he could be off the charts productive, like Kelce.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Not attacking you at all. I'm just busting your balls. We will never see eye to eye on DK, and that's fine.
Saying that someone peed in my Cheerios and that I'm full of hate sure sounds like an attack to me. But whatever.

For the umpteenth time, this isn't about Metcalf as much as it is about the position. I've said very few things about his personal behavior, to the contrary, I think that the last half of last season he seemed to develop a little more poise as there was a couple of situations where he could have easily lost his cool again and drawn a penalty. You're painting me with the same brush stroke as his other critics.

This is about overpaying for a position I think can be done very well with above average wide receivers. We don't need all pros and Olympic class athletes. We can do just fine with WR's of the type we had in our LOB days, ie Jermaine Kearse and Doug Baldwin, both of whom were UDFA's. I would much rather spend our resources on the offensive line and the defense.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think the reality is this team needs to build for the 2025-2027 Seahawks not the 2024-2025 Seahawks. So...I think trade DK in a way that builds the line with a solid foundation like the reverse Unger-Graham trade.

DK is extremely gifted, but he has proven he cannot keep his cool under pressure to the point it hurts the team and that's not a good veteran leader you want on the team. Plus what good is having this extremely gifted WR to throw to, when your line still sucks.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I think DK became more consistent as the year wore on. I think 2024 may be his best year yet and finally become that #1 that he should be.

bigcc

Reaction score
I just want everyone that is saying we are in rebuild mode to remember we have a bunch of guys stashed, secondly what we seen in production from both offense and defense from players will not be the same this coming years, they will be in a completely different scheme, system, and mentality. I have yet to hear a reload, rebuild, or anything references to that from the staff as of yet. I also don't think our cap situation is as dire as we think, they have a plan and with Mac here we will get good young players that have yet to make their mark. Remember Clemons, we unloaded Tapp and Lawrence I believe, everyone was going who, and that we were crazy, we also got rid of Josh Wilson for a pittance and everyone was John is crazy he was worth so much more.

This will be a very intense kind of off season, harder for all of us due to the Seahawks not a team that leaks stuff to the media and we just don't know what's going on till it's done.
What do mean by guys stashed?

I do remember people being upset about tapp though lol, Josh Wilson slightly rings a bell but I don't recall it being as heavy as the clemons trade

12forlife

Reaction score
Using a guy correctly is something this team has been missing for a long while, imo. Really looking forward to seeing what this new coaching staff can do.
Oh don't get me started, hopefully we can now utilize out TE's, use the middle of the field, and for good sake can we run a screen pass once a millennium? Frickin tired of the obvious pass to the flat snuffed out for a loss!

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
DK is a devastating blocker, in fact he doesn't disengage till the whistle blows and will pancake guys, part of what gets him in trouble, he's a linebacker in a WR's shell. PFF is smoking crack on this one.
Considering DK is built like a Greek good he doesn’t block for shit. During the Super Bowl the annoucers said the 9ers have a saying on why their WRs are such good blockers “ no block no rock”

When I was in high school one of the positions I played was OT one of the things that was stressed by our OL coach was don’t worry about pancaking your opponent just make sure he you keep him out of the play

The Hawks could use Hines Ward as a receivers coach ( the last coaching job he had was the head coach of the San Antonio Brahma’s so he is available)

I remember seeing a video of a game between the Patriots and Colts the Colts strong safety was talking shit the whole game against Gronk, Gronk had enough while the Pats where about to score Gronk started drive blocking him which ended up about 20 yards out of the play near the sidelines the funny part was the smile on Belichicks face

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Considering DK is built like a Greek good he doesn’t block for shit. During the Super Bowl the annoucers said the 9ers have a saying on why their WRs are such good blockers “ no block no rock”

When I was in high school one of the positions I played was OT one of the things that was stressed by our OL coach was don’t worry about pancaking your opponent just make sure he you keep him out of the play

The Hawks could use Hines Ward as a receivers coach ( the last coaching job he had was the head coach of the San Antonio Brahma’s so he is available)

I remember seeing a video of a game between the Patriots and Colts the Colts strong safety was talking shit the whole game against Gronk, Gronk had enough while the Pats where about to score Gronk started drive blocking him which ended up about 20 yards out of the play near the sidelines the funny part was the smile on Belichicks face
Him being on the field attracts double team most of the time. So even if you think he’s not that great of a blocker grids presence opens up things by simply being on the field. Go back and watch the JSN winner against the browns, DK is elated even though not getting the ball.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Great points ^
Many act like DK is selfish, when he's out there going nuts when his teammates are getting touchdowns.

Latest posts