Trade DK?

RiverDog

Reaction score
A dime a dozen? Ok
From the article:

I think DK Metcalf is a phenomenal talent and a joy to watch. But he plays a position that is replenished seemingly every season in the draft – wide receivers are everywhere! And it would help them go after the positions where its harder to find top talent and which would arguably help them win more games.

Wide receivers are everywhere, so yes, a dime a dozen.

chris98251

Reaction score
From the article:

I think DK Metcalf is a phenomenal talent and a joy to watch. But he plays a position that is replenished seemingly every season in the draft – wide receivers are everywhere! And it would help them go after the positions where its harder to find top talent and which would arguably help them win more games.

Wide receivers are everywhere, so yes, a dime a dozen.
What article? Who wrote it, and what is their background, articles are a dime a dozen more then fast big WR's that can tilt the field, half have hands of stone, half can't run a route correctly, 75 percent can't block effectively, Lockett, JSN, fall into that category, what made Kearse, and DK worth more, they can F in block their asses off which helps the run game. NOBODY credits this aspect of their game, I never hear about how well he blocks, just he is a cancer.

RiverDog

Reaction score
What article? Who wrote it, and what is their background, articles are a dime a dozen more then fast big WR's that can tilt the field, half have hands of stone, half can't run a route correctly, 75 percent can't block effectively, Lockett, JSN, fall into that category, what made Kearse, and DK worth more, they can F in block their asses off which helps the run game. NOBODY credits this aspect of their game, I never hear about how well he blocks, just he is a cancer.
The article was written by Mike Salk, a.k.a. Brock and Salk. It's in this thread's OP if you want to check it out.

Metcalf is a horrible blocker. His PFF run blocking graded out at 53.3, 62nd amongst WR's. Receivers half his size have a better blocking grade than he does. He doesn't even have a pass blocking grade, so please, don't blow smoke at me about Metcalf's blocking. He sucks.

On the other hand, Jake Bobo, a UDFA, has an excellent run blocking grade at 77.6, 2nd best amongst wide receivers. Who's #1 in that department? Puka Nacua, a 5th round pick and the 4th leading WR by receiving yards. So go ahead and beat your drum about wide receivers and their blocking. You're proving my case.

So I stand by what I said: Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If you think Mike Salk is someone who can hang your hat on, not sure what you're thinking. But do you. You have a right to your opinion. You've been baggin' on DK since he's been here.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
If we want to follow the Chiefs blueprint then we need a good to great QB and a good to great receiver. We need to find the QB because it's not Geno and DK could be the receiver. Then they just need to sink the rest of the salary cap into the OL and the D and then we're there. Keeping Adams ($26.9M) and Diggs ($21.2M) at their current contracts won't work and Jones at $18M seems a bit much as well.

chris98251

Reaction score
The article was written by Mike Salk, a.k.a. Brock and Salk. It's in this thread's OP if you want to check it out.

Metcalf is a horrible blocker. His PFF run blocking graded out at 53.3, 62nd amongst WR's. Receivers half his size have a better blocking grade than he does. He doesn't even have a pass blocking grade, so please, don't blow smoke at me about Metcalf's blocking. He sucks.

On the other hand, Jake Bobo, a UDFA, has an excellent run blocking grade at 77.6, 2nd best amongst wide receivers. Who's #1 in that department? Puka Nacua, a 5th round pick and the 4th leading WR by receiving yards. So go ahead and beat your drum about wide receivers and their blocking. You're proving my case.

So I stand by what I said: Good wide receivers are a dime a dozen.
DK is a devastating blocker, in fact he doesn't disengage till the whistle blows and will pancake guys, part of what gets him in trouble, he's a linebacker in a WR's shell. PFF is smoking crack on this one.

RiverDog

Reaction score
If you think Mike Salk is someone who can hang your hat on, not sure what you're thinking. But do you. You have a right to your opinion. You've been baggin' on DK since he's been here.
I'll hang my hat on Salk before I will you or anyone else in this forum. At least on this subject, his opinion aligns with mine.

My argument isn't about Metcalf so much as it is wide receivers and running backs.

RiverDog

Reaction score
DK is a devastating blocker, in fact he doesn't disengage till the whistle blows and will pancake guys, part of what gets him in trouble, he's a linebacker in a WR's shell. PFF is smoking crack on this one.
A devasting blocker? You've got to be kidding me. He acts like he thinks it's not his job.

And go ahead and reject what PFF says when it doesn't fit your narrative. They just happen to be the gold standard when it comes to analyzing player performance. As a matter of fact, run blocking is one of the easiest attributes for them to quantify as it has a clear responsibility and a measurable outcome.

Last edited:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Dear God man, did he pee in your cheerios or something? Get over your DK hate at some point. You've been bitching about this guy the entire time he's been here. We get it. You're starting to catch up to Fade with his constant Pete blasting.

And F PFF, sincerely.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
DK has inconsistent hands but is getting better.
He is also a matchup nightmare and a field filter. He can also score from almost anywhere on the field, and often does. He is also ridiculously physical for a WR (which comes with pluses and minuses but mainly pluses)
AND he is one of our few true redzone threats.
AND he is one of our best players, and one of the few bankable stars on this team.
Finally, for a WR, he is not at all adverse to blocking - which is not always true for many WRs, even the stars.

Trade him for what? Picks? Mediocre players?

One of the hardest things to get in this league is a field filter.
You don't trade those.
He seems to get upset at times because he wants to win, but so far...we have seen nothing about him being upset about jacking up his stats. For the most part, it is just frustration that we could be winning more but for changes he sought (and most of us also wanted).

Guys with burning desires to win are valuable, they aren't trade fodder. I don't care if he kills a ref with a hammer, if he can be on the field - you win with those guys.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Dear God man, did he pee in your cheerios or something? Get over your DK hate at some point. You've been bitching about this guy the entire time he's been here. We get it. You're starting to catch up to Fade with his constant Pete blasting.

And F PFF, sincerely.
Didn't you indicate in another thread that you thought that it would be a good idea if we followed the Chiefs' blueprint when you sarcastically said "Yeah, why would someone want to follow a team that has won 3 of the last 5 Superb Owls?"

So why are you attacking me in this thread when I propose that we do exactly what the Chiefs did, ie trade a high performing WR as they did with Tyreek Hill two years ago? Seems pretty inconsistent if you ask me.

And once again, I'm not bashing Metcalf. This is about the position more than it is the player.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not attacking you at all. I'm just busting your balls. We will never see eye to eye on DK, and that's fine.

12forlife

Reaction score
He cleaned things up long ago. Many just have decided not to notice it. You guys just want to cling on the DK is a Cancer thing. When he's not even close to that.
He may be starting to mature, but he still needs the right mentoring to truely become what he should which in my opinion should be a red zone target, possession WR, that is an absolute nightmare while setting the edge in the run game. I love the dawg in DK, wish we had more on the team, and expect MM & JS to look for such, DK just needs to wind it down a bit and not have to try and get physical after the play and cause us dumb penalties. If he can just clean that portion of his game he could be a key cog to our Offense imo?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Using a guy correctly is something this team has been missing for a long while, imo. Really looking forward to seeing what this new coaching staff can do.