Trade DK?

Aircrew

Reaction score
Salk suggested it today and wrote an article explaining why he'd be tempted to do it, at the right price. I would have to agree, what say you?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't like it for the most part. The Chiefs only hit on McDuffie from that trade package. The rest of the picks have been relative busts. I'd like to try building this thing elsewhere and keeping our young-ish insane physical prototype receiver on for the haul.

We'd find ourselves quickly with not enough at receiver given Tyler Lockett's age and have to spend a good portion of the trade haul replacing that production anyway.

Maybe, and only maybe, if trading DK is what gets us over the hump on a real franchise QB candidate in the draft, but I don't see the opportunity for that in this draft with the top 3 likely being unattainable due to how the draft order shook out.

Unlike the Chiefs, we don't have to worry about a massive contract for our QB anytime soon though. So I don't think it makes quite as much sense for us.

OP
OP
Aircrew

Aircrew

Reaction score
Btw, I was at the game in Dallas in November last year and one thing I heard the most from Cowboy fans around me was their admiration of DK. If there's one team that would overpay for a receiver, it's Dallas. Although, I'm sure Jerry is still pissed about getting snookered for 2 firsts for Joey Galloway, hahaha.

knownone

Reaction score
With all due respect to Salk, using the Chiefs as a blueprint for roster construction seems like a terrible idea. We don't have Mahomes. We need our supporting cast to elevate the QB. Look what happened to the Titans after they traded AJ Brown without having an obvious replacement on the roster.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
It's an interesting thought. Guess it all depends on Grubbs scheme. The Huskies receivers all looked great last year. I get they are talented but they were put in positions to succeed. Can he put someone like a Jake Bobo and a receiver drafted in the mid rounds to be effective to make up for the loss of DK? If he can, maybe you do it.

Even if we ride with Geno we need a QB for the future and after this draft, the QB class doesn't look as great. We also need help on the lines whether that be a DT, center or a RT depending on Abe Lucas health.

Seahawker

Reaction score
Yes. For a 2nd, in a second.
For the cap room, to minus the stupid penalties and for draft ammo.
I'd try to get more in trade value but that 2nd rounder & extra cap room would be huge and plenty of WR's in the mid draft.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I don't know, I mean these coaches are coming out of the colleges with a lot of useful info. If we could acquire a few draft picks for someone nearly as good and for cheaper, it might be worth looking into....especially if Geno stays the QB because I feel IMHO there is no chemistry between the two.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I have a hard time listening to anything Salk says. But, IF someone offered up something crazy, you have to consider it. And he's one of my favorite players.
I think it would be stupid to trade your best offensive player, but listening is never a bad thing. I have a feeling if we knew even a half of the calls they have taken and/or made about players, this place would lose their sh** :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Side note: for just a 2nd? Hell no. Put down the pipe.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
With all due respect to Salk, using the Chiefs as a blueprint for roster construction seems like a terrible idea. We don't have Mahomes. We need our supporting cast to elevate the QB. Look what happened to the Titans after they traded AJ Brown without having an obvious replacement on the roster.
Yeah, it’s relatively easy to say, “build your team like the Chiefs!” How many teams have tried this approach??

There are always more than one way to win a Super Bowl.

The Chiefs won a Super Bowl with Tyreek Hill and they won a Super Bowl without Tyreek Hill.

Seattle does not need to follow a “single mold” to win the Super Bowl. Carroll tried this approach every year for 8 or so years and he didn’t succeed.

The common denominator always has been you need a collection of good players and great coaching to win.

You are doing yourself a disservice if you remove a very talented player and then have another hole you need to fill…

Don’t know why the thought is you cannot win games (playoff games) with DK, so, you should trade him, just cause.

Rather foolish in my eyes.

cymatica

Reaction score
I think Grubb will make better use of the talent he has than Waldron did. I'd like to see how he uses DK

Sun Tzu

Reaction score
Yes. For a 2nd, in a second.
For the cap room, to minus the stupid penalties and for draft ammo.
I'd try to get more in trade value but that 2nd rounder & extra cap room would be huge and plenty of WR's in the mid draft.
Trading DK doesn't create much cap room. There would be 23m dead cap with 1.5m cap savings.

haroldseattle

Reaction score
Not against the idea in theory. However this draft class is loaded with WRs so not sure the timing works for trade value and if your not getting a haul what would be the point? Cap wise it' only saves 1.5 million unless it's post June 1st trade and either way the Seahawks end up eating 23 million. Like the idea of upgrading at QB to maximize the offensive weapons they have over moving those weapons.

Hawknight

Reaction score
I think Grubb will make better use of the talent he has than Waldron did. I'd like to see how he uses DK
He still has Lockett and two fabulous RB's to use. Salary cap is going to have to give one way or another, if you can acquire skilled players for less money and have the potential to make use of these youngers players coming out of college, knowing their skill sets being that the coaches just came from the college levels themselves....I think it's worth exploring.

toffee

Reaction score
DK is our only big ticket tradeable veteran player which is sadness in itself, pointing to poor drafting.

Last edited:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
He still has Lockett and two fabulous RB's to use. Salary cap is going to have to give one way or another, if you can acquire skilled players for less money and have the potential to make use of these youngers players coming out of college, knowing their skill sets being that the coaches just came from the college levels themselves....I think it's worth exploring.
I wouldn’t put too many eggs in Lockett’s basket.

Lockett is in his 30s.

Collected his money. And seemingly as a post football career already in place.

Lockett may play 1 or 2 more seasons and call it done.

DK is still in his mid 20s and can hit his prime now and for 4 more years or so…why trade the man don’t desperately need to get rid of him?

Might end up like the Titans shipping off AJ Brown…in which they still haven’t replaced AJ Brown….

Latest posts