Do members of Seahawks comment in and read this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Uncle Si":lz5lieuo said:
Sgt. Largent":lz5lieuo said:
johnnyfever":lz5lieuo said:
I probably would.

Why would you seek out criticism?

Players probably get all the unwarranted advice and criticism they need from Instagram and Twitter, why would they ever come here for more abuse.

I agree here. Can't see a football player being overly concerned about fan message boards. They have their social network personas to keep them informed, plus, well, the regular media

If there was a fan forum dedicated to the high school team you coach, are you saying you would have no interest in what was being said?

Curiosity is an entrenched human trait, and even if the opinions come from "Joe nobody's", I would still think curiosity, and sometimes even a defense of one's philosophy, reasoning or play would prompt a peruse now and again.

I know if my company that I own had a forum dedicated to it, I would at least read it from time to time if for no other reason than to get a different perspective than is available in my echo chamber.

Just thought this would be an interesting topic.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":a7o99gzx said:
Would you go to a website to see what people think about your job and how you do it even though they've never done your job even at the lowest levels?

What in the entire hell for? Would you be looking to point and laugh at people? Pity them?

I suppose you might get curious, but still...

Yes I would. a couple of reasons.

1) Public perception is a huge factor in getting endorsement deals, and that can be a very large part of their income, and after football potential income.
2) The moment we believe we can not learn from someone else (whether they are professional or not), is the moment we stop growing as an individual.

Beyond that, for kicks, boredom, curiosity.....and because they are human.

This doesn't mean we have to listen and believe everything we read or see. It means that if it makes a bit of sense, it may well be worth at least considering, especially if many share this same point of view.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Not suggesting its not an interesting topic. It certainly is. I am guilty of reading articles written about the teams I coach. I do think pro athletes are obsessed with their image (well, the ones making money off it are atleast) and therefore continually cultivate that through their interactions on social and traditional media.

I don't see this particular arena as all that interesting to an athlete, however. Maybe before social media, but not so much now.

Now.. maybe some Seahawk will post a reply and prove me wrong...

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ge6nc0q said:
johnnyfever":2ge6nc0q said:
When I write, record, mix and master a song, I send it out to other people first to get feedback. I send it to both professionals and non professionals, and both criticisms are equally valuable to improve my product.

I know an amateur brewer who is working to perfect a few recipes for eventual distribution. After each batch he puts a beer in the hands of a wide range of people to get feedback, again to improve his product.

True, some of the feedback I might choose to disregard, but that is true about the input I get both from pros and amateurs.

When you have the majority of fans, several other teammates, sports columnists and commentators and other NFL organizations making reference to areas of improvement, you should maybe pay attention.

Focusing on areas of largest weakness, brought to attention from feedback, can yield the biggest percentage of improvement because there is more room to improve.

If I hit 90℅ of fairways with my drives, but only make 50℅ of my 4' putts, I can lower my score much more drastically by practicing my weakest area-4'putts. If I spent 80℅ of my time practicing drives and 20℅ on putting, I am not going to realize significant improvement.

A. you're probably teeing off with an iron.. weak.

2. what your describing is true. what people have said is that are plenty of public arenas for these athletes to receive this criticism that are probably far better then this one.

Off topic warning!

Haha, agreed, weak. Having said that, a guy I played with in high school didn't carry any woods. I now drive the ball 300 yards, but he went on to become a pro and one of the nicer courses in my area, and I still am playing in the amateur tournaments for skin money and course credit, so maybe there is something to driving with an iron.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2iyqjru5 said:
Haha, agreed, weak. Having said that, a guy I played with in high school didn't carry any woods. I now drive the ball 300 yards, but he went on to become a pro and one of the nicer courses in my area, and I still am playing in the armature tournaments for skin money and course credit, so maybe there is something to driving with an iron.

Well you're ahead of me then.

I can still get the ball out there off the tee... but 5 kids has taken away my chance to stay consistent. It's crazy how your average can drop from high 70s/low 80s to high 80s over the course of a few years

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Uncle Si":cgda7z49 said:
johnnyfever":cgda7z49 said:
Haha, agreed, weak. Having said that, a guy I played with in high school didn't carry any woods. I now drive the ball 300 yards, but he went on to become a pro and one of the nicer courses in my area, and I still am playing in the armature tournaments for skin money and course credit, so maybe there is something to driving with an iron.

Well you're ahead of me then.

I can still get the ball out there off the tee... but 5 kids has taken away my chance to stay consistent. It's crazy how your average can drop from mid to high 70s to high 80s over the course of a few years

I'm right with you. My handicap climbed as my kid count increased. Went from a 3 before I got married to a 10 with 3 kids.

Wouldn't trade it though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":21t8nzpz said:
Not suggesting its not an interesting topic. It certainly is. I am guilty of reading articles written about the teams I coach. I do think pro athletes are obsessed with their image (well, the ones making money off it are atleast) and therefore continually cultivate that through their interactions on social and traditional media.

I don't see this particular arena as all that interesting to an athlete, however. Maybe before social media, but not so much now.

And even famous people and athletes only use social media to pimp themselves and their charities, products, clothing lines and overall "brand."

Coming here would be 100% downside of being criticized, and 0% upside.

Not saying some or even most athletes don't appreciate their fans, but the main reason they're on social media and interact with their fans is to pimp something.........and coming here to interact with a couple hundred fans vs Twitter and thousands even millions make zero sense.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38pqjbud said:
Uncle Si":38pqjbud said:

And even famous people and athletes only use social media to pimp themselves and their charities, products, clothing lines and overall "brand."

Not saying some or even most athletes don't appreciate their fans, but the main reason they're on social media and interact with their fans is to pimp something.........and coming here to interact with a couple hundred fans vs Twitter and thousands even millions make zero sense.

Why are you assuming they would identify themselves here?

That would be the least likely scenario.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2otvt7yx said:
Sgt. Largent":2otvt7yx said:
Uncle Si":2otvt7yx said:

I didn't say they'd identify themselves...........but why come here when 95% of what we post and write about them is negative?

Doubt Russell wants to anonymously pop in to read the peanut gallery talking about how fat he is, or how Ciara ruined him.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":qyy3wcyx said:
Seymour":qyy3wcyx said:
Sgt. Largent":qyy3wcyx said:
Uncle Si":qyy3wcyx said:

I didn't say they'd identify themselves...........but why come here when 95% of what we post and write about them is negative?

Doubt Russell wants to anonymously pop in to read the peanut gallery talking about how fat he is, or how Ciara ruined him.

Russell Wilson here, I'm not fat.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Lord I hope not. If I was a multi millionaire football player not in season. THE LAST thing i'd be wasting my time doing is spending time on a site that the common man lurks on as they try to pass the day during their monotonous day job.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1n804a43 said:
Seymour":1n804a43 said:
Sgt. Largent":1n804a43 said:
Uncle Si":1n804a43 said:

Because they are curious of a general reaction about something they did, or how other perceive other players, teammates and coaches they have to deal with.

Example. Baldwin does a fake dump in front on millions and thinks it's funny. Later finds out people are pissed and wants to see for himself just why. This list could go on and on....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":3580e61f said:
Example. Baldwin does a fake dump in front on millions and thinks it's funny. Later finds out people are pissed and wants to see for himself just why. This list could go on and on....

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and the regular media do a pretty fine job of letting an athlete (or hell, anyone) know what people think of their actions.

Just don't see .Net as being all that interesting to an athlete.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":27kvgxt2 said:
Because they are curious of a general reaction about something they did, or how other perceive other players, teammates and coaches they have to deal with. ..

Like Si said, pretty sure they know with the other dozen media outlets that barrage them with opinions and criticism.

It's WHY guys like Sherman and Angry Doug yell into the cameras, because they know EXACTLY what people are saying about them. No reason whatsoever to come here for more of it, unless they're masochists.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3schjbsi said:
Seymour":3schjbsi said:
Because they are curious of a general reaction about something they did, or how other perceive other players, teammates and coaches they have to deal with. ..

Like Si said, pretty sure they know with the other dozen media outlets that barrage them with opinions and criticism.

It's WHY guys like Sherman and Angry Doug yell into the cameras, because they know EXACTLY what people are saying about them. No reason whatsoever to come here for more of it, unless they're masochists.

Except many (if not most) of those are other teams trolls and general haters. Coming here would be more of a hardcore fan of THEIR teams pulse, When those people start turn on you also, it may be time to take more seriously.

Boycie

Reaction score
Uncle Si":fsn74wcz said:
Sgt. Largent":fsn74wcz said:
johnnyfever":fsn74wcz said:
I probably would.

Why would you seek out criticism?

Players probably get all the unwarranted advice and criticism they need from Instagram and Twitter, why would they ever come here for more abuse.

I agree here. Can't see a football player being overly concerned about fan message boards. They have their social network personas to keep them informed, plus, well, the regular media

This^

And also the fact that they are pro athletes, and have interesting lives, unlike us losers.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":1jy4vmfo said:
Siouxhawk":1jy4vmfo said:
Seymour":1jy4vmfo said:
Siouxhawk":1jy4vmfo said:
Umm, pretty sure we have our fair share of trolls here too. Sometimes it doesn't even seem like a SEAHAWKS fan site.

Ya. It's a real shame we are not all the Stepford fans like you. Go ahead and start in with your "real fan" routine and explain to us lifelong fans what we all need to say and believe. :roll:
Never claimed to be a super fan. But I have enough common sense to realize when monotonous bitching is unwarranted.

BINGO. Or just plain snivel nosed whining. I go back to the thread last year that had MULTIPLE long time posters calling for us to get swept by Buffalo, NE and Philly.

I had a personal vendetta against those folks for a while after that.....
Exactly. So to get back on topic, why would anyone affiliated with the team give any credence whatsoever to a supposedly team-friendly social media site such as this with its constant barrage of sniveling and negativity. And I like this site as a way to glean packaged news updates and media links such as ivotuk provides, and there are a fair share of good posters with perspective included in this group, but the slew of pessimism has shooed longstanding contributors away, so what makes anyone think actual members of the Hawks would stick around.

Status
Not open for further replies.