Do members of Seahawks comment in and read this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
This thread has reminded me of a British comic Stewart Lee who went looking for comments about him online. Nsfw due to strong language.

Jville

Reaction score
johnnyfever":228g7s9o said:
I probably would.

Think about it, what if there was a very active online forum discussing your company, and specifically about how each of the employees were performing, and their value.

There are several posters over the last few years that are obviously ridiculously defensive about a player or coach to a fault.

I can think of a couple off the top of my head that are pretty blatant, but I'm guessing there are others that are better at hiding their identity.

What do you guys think?

It reads like a baiting post directed at other posters.

Post content betrays its baiting title.

Totally disingenuous.

It's the noise the VMAC recommends ignoring.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'd imagine it'd go down more like Kimmel's Mean Tweets segment.

[youtube]JgQVj4iMm8Y[/youtube]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Somehow this innocuous thread has turned into yet another recess name calling battle.

The thread title was fairly specific. Keep your posts on topic and stop attacking each other.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Uncle Si":8178gt7w said:
Somehow this innocuous thread has turned into yet another recess name calling battle.

The thread title was fairly specific. Keep your posts on topic and stop attacking each other.

I know you are, but what am I? Lol. Exactly what every thread turns into.

randomation

Reaction score
On topic I used to participate in fairly high level competitive games and I would avoid forums for those games like the plague especially if I knew I messed up. I know a lot of esports player in general avoid reddit because it can put them on tilt. I can see football players using it as motivation though.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
As can be seen in this thread, I think it is fairly clear that personnel or representatives of personnel are active on .net.

That is the only logical explanation for the illogical reasoning put forth to defend areas or personnel that need addressing.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
We aren't discussing coaching philosophy. We are discussing dopplegangers and members of the seahawk organization and whether you think they read and comment (or have representatives do it) in the largest seahawks forum in the world.

Much like many sports stars, celebrities, businesses and organizations hire companies that specifically deal in the online presence and reputation of their clients.

Take ACfan for example. Joined as soon as he became a seahawk and was basically a cheerleader for Collins. Even after an atrocious showing he would be pumping him up in various threads, calling for patience, talking him up etc. It always seemed ver suspicious to me. I am a huge Bennett fan, but am not blind to some of his weaknesses and bad games. Same goes for wilson. Love the guy, but he does have some things to work on. Some posters take it beyond being a fan of a player or coach and bring it to mindnumbing levels of stubbornness. Real fans with no alternative motives want the best for the team, and want them to go all the way every year. With that comes our opinions based on many sources as to what is holding the team back. It seems weird that some posters don't seem to be rooting for the team as a whole, but rather defend individual components of the team and would rather accept not winning than replacing the slow moving parts.

I have observed this with several different posters, and about several different players and coaches.

For example, I think Sherman is a great cornerback, but realize he has a big mouth. I have no personal vested interest in him personally. If getting a lombardi means cutting ties with him, then do it. On the other side of the coin, if you have to deal with the big mouth but he provides you the best shot at winning the SB, then I'll deal with some of the things he does.

Do you think they come here siouxhawk?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know for a fact players, coaches, front office folks, VPs, have read through .NET over the years. Some of them I know specifically but I won't name names. DAVE PEARSON.

(LOL, sorry couldn't help myself.)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2yjxehbj said:
We aren't discussing coaching philosophy. We are discussing dopplegangers and members of the seahawk organization and whether you think they read and comment (or have representatives do it) in the largest seahawks forum in the world.

Much like many sports stars, celebrities, businesses and organizations hire companies that specifically deal in the online presence and reputation of their clients.

Take ACfan for example. Joined as soon as he became a seahawk and was basically a cheerleader for Collins. Even after an atrocious showing he would be pumping him up in various threads, calling for patience, talking him up etc. It always seemed ver suspicious to me. I am a huge Bennett fan, but am not blind to some of his weaknesses and bad games. Same goes for wilson. Love the guy, but he does have some things to work on.

Do you think they come here siouxhawk?
No, I do not. I think the PR or marketing department likely does, however.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In all the years I was running .NET there was one IP address that was frequenting NET more than any other and it wasn't even close...

gateway.seahawks.com

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
johnnyfever":18sglk0p said:
Siouxhawk":18sglk0p said:
No, I do not. I think the PR or marketing department likely does, however.

Why?
As has been said, I could see the players keeping up to date with Facebook, Twitter and Instagram by and large. There's probably a ton of them that don't even know .Net exists. But it's marketing and PR's job to keep fans informed and help the team make money, so I'm sure they peruse all the sites to leave no stone unturned.

IrishNW

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":14b1jzra said:
Back in the earlier days of Net, I was informed by a Seahawks player that he read an article I did about him (it was a supportive piece, so he appreciated it)... I asked him if he browsed .Net and he said, "yes, some of us like to lurk in there..coaches too." Don't ask, I won't name said player even though he is long retired.

I don't know if any current players do...

But come on, Anthony! HAS to be Ciara, right?? Only a spouse or a family member could be that insanely one-sided and immovable about a player. :D

PS Not picking on you Anthony! ... your passion is admirable.

Its funny that you say that because I actually had a similar thought. I don't think it would actually be Ciara but I could see one of Russ's PR guys or what ever doing it. I mean no offense if you are a legit person Anthony but your over the top love fest for Wilson is hard to take serious.

This wasnt meant as a personal attack at all I just wanted to express my opinion on possible seahawk players posting here.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
That last comment was weird. Why would anyone on a Hawks fan site bust someone's balls for having a deep admiration for the best quarterback this franchise has ever known? And while I'm on the subject, I think it's strange that some feel it's their duty or something to be over-the-top critical of Russ. Sure he has some minor flaws, but the way he plays the game and his devotion to his team can't be touched.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":32rdke8x said:
That last comment was weird. Why would anyone on a Hawks fan site bust someone's balls for having a deep admiration for the best quarterback this franchise has ever known? And while I'm on the subject, I think it's strange that some feel it's their duty or something to be over-the-top critical of Russ. Sure he has some minor flaws, but the way he plays the game and his devotion to his team can't be touched.

Probably because you're a Vikings fan who became a Seahawks fan when Bevell and Tarvaris left.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":y9c0r5f2 said:
Siouxhawk":y9c0r5f2 said:

Probably because you're a Vikings fan who became a Seahawks fan when Bevell and Tarvaris left.
Yeah and you're a Niners fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.