Does anyone else think Seattle won the trade?

Did the Seahawks win the RW trade?

• Yes

Votes: 101 90.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.8%

• Total voters

bileever

Reaction score
I love looking back at this thread. (Kudos to Welshers.) It is kind of a litmus test of whether you looked at the situation objectively or emotionally. I'm not saying that it was clear at the time that the Seahawks would win the trade, but those with functioning brains (not me) could see the upside. Maybe it was the ultimate glass half-full/glass half-empty test.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
^^Yep^^ And I'm getting a BIG KICK out of all these Pete Haters CRAWFISHING back to the shadows, so as to NOT have to EAT THEIR SHARE OF CROW.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Plenty of people have had piles of crow on Pete and on this trade. You just wanna' create drama. Oh wait YOU just wanna' **(*()&^ CREATE DRAMA. :ROFLMAO:
They won the trade by a landslide. Pete and John should be arrested for Robbery.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Hands down won for year one. I am hoping we are done rebuilding by next season and not be a one and done team. The 9ers went to the NFC championship 3 times in 4 seasons. I would love to be a dominating team again!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Plenty of people have had piles of crow on Pete and on this trade. You just wanna' create drama. Oh wait YOU just wanna' **(*()&^ CREATE DRAMA.
They won the trade by a landslide. Pete and John should be arrested for Robbery.
Except YOU refuse to eat YOUR share of "Crow" on Pete Carrolls' decision to PLAY GeNO Smith and not go after someone, ANYONE other than GeNO, and as it turned out, Petes' chosen QB finished as one of the TOP 12 Quarterbacks in the League, and it galls the shit out of ya that anyone even brings up his accomplishments, and wants to give credit where credit is due. :ROFLMAO:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wrong, but ok. I've said several times that I was wrong about Geno. He was clearly the best choice in 2022 for the Hawks. Hell of a decision by Pete.
Grow up man, you sound like a 5 year old. Being wrong is a GOOD THING when your team is better for it. Geno balled out. He's just not top tier and/or worth a huge contract. Sorry that hurts your feelings that someone has an opinion other than Geno is God.
I was VERY wrong about Geno this season. I would totally be down to see him get a 2 year deal for 40-50 mil total max. Do you want a cookie or something?

Back on topic, they won the trade by a landslide.

Last edited:

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Except YOU refuse to eat YOUR share of "Crow" on Pete Carrolls' decision to PLAY GeNO Smith and not go after someone, ANYONE other than GeNO, and as it turned out, Petes' chosen QB finished as one of the TOP 12 Quarterbacks in the League, and it galls the shit out of ya that anyone even brings up his accomplishments, and wants to give credit where credit is due. :ROFLMAO:
actually, @SoulfishHawk is one of the few that's actually admitted he was wrong about geno. you'll never see forum posters like twistedhusky, fade, pittpnthrs etc admit they were wrong about anything despite being the most wrong. i've yet to see those guys even say anything good about any of the players on the roster or say anything positive when the hawks succeed. maybe they're just toxic people? :unsure: but why don't you say something to them? those guys enjoy hating on the team ... anyway, but that's not soulfish. he's a seahawk homer and is actually on the other side, berating people that hate on the hawks lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thx. For the record, I have no problem with people being down on the Hawks. This team has plenty of issues. Plenty.
The defense and the tackling is painful to watch. They get dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball way too often. Then again, that was still a pretty damn fun year vs. pre season predictions.
But you're right, I do enjoy calling people out when they are 24/7 everything sucks, pete sucks, the team sucks, dk sucks, half the players suck, fire everyone etc.
It's not personal, just having fun on a message board.

Last edited:

Seahawker

Reaction score
Thx. For the record, I have no problem with people being down on the Hawks. This team has plenty of issues. Plenty.
The defense and the tackling is painful to watch. They get dominated in the trenches on both sides of the ball way too often. Then again, that was still a pretty damn fun year vs. pre season predictions.
But you're right, I do enjoy calling people out when they are 24/7 everything sucks, pete sucks, the team sucks, dk sucks, half the players suck, fire everyone etc.
It's not personal, just having fun on a message board.
Nothing personal, its just hard to hear what you're saying through all the rustling of your pom-poms.

chris98251

Reaction score
Wrong, but ok. I've said several times that I was wrong about Geno. He was clearly the best choice in 2022 for the Hawks. Hell of a decision by Pete.
Grow up man, you sound like a 5 year old. Being wrong is a GOOD THING when your team is better for it. Geno balled out. He's just not top tier and/or worth a huge contract. Sorry that hurts your feelings that someone has an opinion other than Geno is God.
I was VERY wrong about Geno this season. I would totally be down to see him get a 2 year deal for 40-50 mil total max. Do you want a cookie or something?

Back on topic, they won the trade by a landslide.
You have free cookies?

cookie-monster-muppets.gif

Jerhawk

Reaction score
So it's really way too early to be asking this question. We will revisit in a couple years and see what's transpired then.

In the short term, the Broncos have won the trade because now they're competitive, and the Seahawks are not.

Lastly, some of your opinions and evaluation on Wilson are so far off the mark it's laughable. Some of you guys sound like a jealous ex bad mouthing their former lover after a breakup, pointing out little faults here and there when in reality, you're depressed you're not together.

Wilson did a lot of great things here, and he has a lot of great football left in him (barring injury). Nitpicking on his weaknesses and ignoring his strengths is petty.
What a stupid post. He started off strong, then really lost it. Some people would be better off not sharing their opinions 😆

Smellyman

Reaction score
What is playing to Russell Wilson's strengths? What are they?

For all the coaching crtiscisms I believe we are about to see how much the Seahawks coaches played to his strengths. Russ believes he is Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes and Burrow which he is not. Be interesting to see what Russ forces the Denver coaches into playing into his 'strengths' this year manifests into
What a great post. Some people should share their opinions more often.