Don't give up hope

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Just don't think these type of games are characteristics of a championship team.. I think we will be lucky going 2-2 down the stretch here.. lose to Rams, Redskins( better d than NY), and possibly 49ers.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
It's so frustrating. This was set up to win 3 in a row and be in good shape for the division and maybe even catch the Saints if they slipped up. Now it's looking like 3rd in the conference at best unless the Saints and Packers put up stinkers like the Hawks did today. And that will require beating the Rams that's been a tall order since McVey showed up

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3sl2740p said:
Always adjust? What team have you been watching? Our entire offense is run, run, moonball. The runs were working early, so they stopped. The defense held the Giants scoreless for the first half, so they started playing soft in the second half. Idiots. Football is a simple game. If something is working, you stick with it until your opponent stops it. I said it after SB49 and I'll say it again. Pete Carroll will never coach this team to the SB again. Pete Carroll will never get this team to the NFCCG again. Peteball does not work against good teams unless you have superior talent to work with. I love my Seahawks but I don't wear blinders. This team is going to lose to Washington and the Rams. We'll see what happens in the other games.

This man gets it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":5r5vybij said:
WmHBonney":5r5vybij said:
Always adjust? What team have you been watching? Our entire offense is run, run, moonball. The runs were working early, so they stopped. The defense held the Giants scoreless for the first half, so they started playing soft in the second half. Idiots. Football is a simple game. If something is working, you stick with it until your opponent stops it. I said it after SB49 and I'll say it again. Pete Carroll will never coach this team to the SB again. Pete Carroll will never get this team to the NFCCG again. Peteball does not work against good teams unless you have superior talent to work with. I love my Seahawks but I don't wear blinders. This team is going to lose to Washington and the Rams. We'll see what happens in the other games.

This man gets it.

A lot of us get it.

TypeSly

Reaction score
SlickRick":11z0tx6j said:
Over reaction after the game. Just R.E.L.A.X folks. If you want an excuse just remember the Seahawks just played Monday 6 days ago. It was a short week their worn out

Just relax & they'll pick up the W next week. Keep moving forward. Short weeks are never the hawks best performance's

Aw man, this must be the "bring out your best excuse to stay positive" thread.

"Worn out" on 6 days rest instead of 7, even as players are coming back from injuries, and we are almost at full health? Even so, where was this reasoning when we took it to the Cardinals on 5 days rest?

As for losing hope, that's subjective, because it really depends what one is hoping for. If it's for making the playoffs, I don't think anyone is losing hope that we will be one of the teams in the dance. For the people who had hopes that this might be another championship season, the glass might not be so full.

I for one, think that it's frustration and realization is more of the chips on our shoulders than lost of faith.

Frustration in seeing and knowing that this Seahawks line up can and should be so much better than they are showing. Even with our sparkling record earlier in the season, we could all see that it was a little bit of smoke & mirrors with this team's record. Having all of our wins against teams that were weaker teams that were struggling, we were barely keeping our heads above water when it came to crunch time. At 5-0, we were a few plays on the right side of 1-4. We all knew we were pretty fortunate to be in that position, and with the promise of improvement from players returning from the IR, we could then feel secure and assess the team more accurately.

Realization (that for whatever reason), the Seahawks are just not as good as they should be or as good as we thought. Here we are with our line-up is getting healthier, and our schedule is getting weaker simultaneously... the Seahawks are looking worse and worse. We're watching the opposition make the necessary adjustments against us, while our coaching schemes remain stagnant. We're 3-4, since the bye week that we were all looking forward to, so I'm wondering what this "turn around" event we're all waiting for is now?

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I seem to remember Seattle beating the Rams in St. Louis even though getting gashed on the ground, Wilson getting harassed, and the Rams generally dominating them - in your Super Bowl season.

Sure, Seattle won that game 14-12 (if memory serves) and lost this one 17-12, but wins and losses are fluky. The Rams also had a backup QB and what turned out to be a garbage RB in that game.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Ultimately, this team is not a super bowl contender. It sucks to say - but they will make the playoffs, most likely win wild card weekend and then get knocked out in the next round like we have the last 6 years.....

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The long flight after a MNF road game is a good factor to consider when gambling in that those teams have issues covering spreads. Not an excuse for losing outright to a team with their backup QB.

Elemas

Reaction score
I can name, at the very least, 12 other teams that would beat us right now.

We're lucky our remaining schedule is "soft" according to many people. I can see us going 2-2 though...

We will win a maximum of 2 playoff games....and that is really pushing it. It's just as easy to see us taking the boot in a WildCard match.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
JustTheTip":3bbs455x said:
pittpnthrs":3bbs455x said:
WmHBonney":3bbs455x said:

This man gets it.

A lot of us get it.

I see them beating the Rams cus they always pull some miracle game out of their ass to give us all hope and then they will shit the bed against the Niners.

The game has moved past Pete. He is a good coach 10-11 wins is "good", but agree he will not contend again. Every time our Hawks plays against a good D, it's the same damn game.

LTH

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":69njohv4 said:
Welshers":69njohv4 said:
Pete and Russel always adjust.
This is just a flat-out lie. Pete and Russell (it's spelled with two Ls, by the way) are the least-adjusting HC & QB duo in the NFL. The fault lies primarily with Pete, though.

Dude Football is a game of constant adjustments... why do you think there was no adjustment? the Giants started to run the ball effectively in the 3rd quarter there were 2 drives the giants were successful running the ball the Hawks adjusted and shut it down... thats NOT a lie... you just don't get it...

On O the whole right side of the line is injured they were down to there 3rd string right tackle... Carson was on a snap count and so was Hyde because they are not healthy... yeah they need to get back to the run game but giving the ball to a running back's that are not healthy and taking the chance of losing these key players is not the smart thing to do...

Get a grip!

LTH

RCATES

Reaction score
Welshers":1vo6elim said:
Pete and Russel always adjust. We played a terrible football game today, but we still have a chance to beat the Rams and win the division. Bad games happen, the Chiefs had a few last year. We are still 8-4 and it's too early to throw the towel in on the season.

"beat the Rams"

Lol that game is going to be so ugly with how our Offense has been figured out. 14+ point route.

TypeSly

Reaction score
"beat the Rams"

I'm with RCATES on this one. :lol: That's tough when we got things cookin'. How about we start with the Jets and the No-Namesters first?

LTH

Reaction score
RCATES":2xqst7id said:
Welshers":2xqst7id said:
Pete and Russel always adjust. We played a terrible football game today, but we still have a chance to beat the Rams and win the division. Bad games happen, the Chiefs had a few last year. We are still 8-4 and it's too early to throw the towel in on the season.

"beat the Rams"

Lol that game is going to be so ugly with how our Offense has been figured out. 14+ point route.

Your making the assumption that the Hawks will not adjust... So many things to consider... yeah its a division game and it going to be a crazy one but with a game like that it's pretty hard to know what's going to happen... the Rams have their issues as well... we will see...

LTH

TypeSly

Reaction score
LTH":3dj287kw said:
RCATES":3dj287kw said:
Welshers":3dj287kw said:

"beat the Rams"

Your making the assumption that the Hawks will not adjust... So many things to consider... yeah its a division game and it going to be a crazy one but with a game like that it's pretty hard to know what's going to happen... the Rams have their issues as well... we will see...

LTH

I'm not doubting that we can beat the Rams, or any other team on any given night. But with the state of the team right now, we're not really in the position to be over-looking...

LTH

Reaction score
TypeSly":33lrzucy said:
LTH":33lrzucy said:
RCATES":33lrzucy said:
Welshers":33lrzucy said:

"beat the Rams"

LTH

I'm not doubting that we can beat the Rams, or any other team on any given night. But with the state of the team right now, we're not really in the position to be over-looking...

This has been a roller coaster season but if you look at the season as a whole this team has been adjusting and overcoming it's issues

Lets see how the Hawks respond to the loss...will the adjust the game plan? I would think after this loss that they don't have a choice...

Russ wants to open it up... its obvious, but the NFL has figured out how to get to him... they have to adjust or he is going to get hurt... Russ can't take that kind of punishment game after game... More of the same is catastrophic...

maybe Penny is the answer here as well as what SRGT largent was saying about throwing more intermediate passes... what ever the case they have to adjust and I think they know that... we will see...

LTH

RCATES

Reaction score
LTH":27nnn51y said:
RCATES":27nnn51y said:
Welshers":27nnn51y said:

"beat the Rams"

LTH

Have they ever adjusted? Hell we came out in the second half yesterday and looked worse. I wholeheartedly believe this is the worse team in the league at making adjustments. Coaching is just bad. No other way to put it.

LTH

Reaction score
RCATES":2jk41zrm said:
LTH":2jk41zrm said:
RCATES":2jk41zrm said:
Welshers":2jk41zrm said:

"beat the Rams"

LTH

Have they ever adjusted? Hell we came out in the second half yesterday and looked worse. I wholeheartedly believe this is the worse team in the league at making adjustments. Coaching is just bad. No other way to put it.

Yes they have adjusted during the season... football is a game of constant adjustment it's just maybe they didn't adjust the way people wanted them to... and dude I'm not a football expert I just see it the way i see it...

I think the Hawks want to throw the ball down field that's who Russ is I think that's what Schotty wants... I think Pete wants to run the ball... part of Pete's philosophy is be who you are... I don't think they have found the balance yet with the run and passing game... and i don't know why but I suspect it's because they don't have a back that can take the punishment of carrying the ball as much as is necessary and I don't think they are getting continuity on the O line which is affecting everything ...It's my opinion that these are big factors... Im not trying to make excuses that's just the way I see...and I could be wrong... but the hawks are famous for making half time adjustments and beating teams in the 4th quarter so to say they never adjust I don't agree with that...

there are a lot of factors that we are not aware of if you listen to Carrolls PC he continually say, "I cant' talk to you about that" lots of things going on that we don't see...

But yeah they adjusted on D... maybe things that were not as obvious as people see it... and we don't even know if the D is fixed yet seems like they are healthier and they have some new players that are starting to gel they are playing much better but the real test will be against the Rams...

The O has hit a wall for some a few games lets see how the Hawks respond to this loss... the Ram and 49er games are the ones that will tell the story...

LTH

Reaction score
The Seahawks usually react well to a loss but you watch some games we lose and it just looks painfully obvious from early on in games what will happen. I thought when we were winning 5-0 that it was just going to be 'one of those games' were nothing ever clicked and we could easily lose. Sadly, we did lose but you always sense that there's an inevitibility with these games, like it's either going to be a good day on offence or a bad day. It never seems to start off as a bad day and ends up really good. If things work from the off, great, Wilson can outscore any team but if it's not clicking - like last night or against the Rams - it's just a four quarter struggle, where you're reliant on penalties and things like that to move the sticks.