Dontae Johnson to IR

DJrmb

Reaction score
sdog1981":zjz4kcfb said:
DJrmb":zjz4kcfb said:
Deshawn Shead! Bring him in ASAP.

He was awful and is out of football, did not make the Lions roster after they inked him to a 3 million dollar deal.
I'm not sure which games you watched but Shead was not aweful in my view at all and would be a fine stopgap/depth. He got cut by the Lions mainly because he was hurt all off-season and they didn't really get to see him play much. He did come back and play almost all of the final preseason game but it was just too little too late. They also cut Anthony Zettel who was ranked as one of the better DE's with 6.5 sacks and + run defense and who was picked up immediately on waivers by the first team that had a shot.

Jville

Reaction score
If Johnson, who is listed as questionable, can’t play, rookie Tre Flowers is the likely candidate to start at right cornerback.

“He has done a nice job,” Carroll said of Flowers. “He started a couple of games for us already, and if that’s the case, then he’s ready to go.”

Flowers, a fifth-round pick who played safety in college, has proven to be a quick study while learning a new position as an NFL rookie, and he got a lot of playing time in the preseason, including starts in Seattle’s first two games.

“Really he has done everything we have asked him to do,” Carroll said. “He has studied really hard, he has worked on the mentality that it takes to play outside. He has been really diligent, he hasn’t missed a snap of play all through the preparation all through the offseason, so he has benefited from all the time. And he’s a really smart player too. He’s tough, physical. Really he has done everything right, so he’s giving himself a great chance. It’s a great accomplishment for him just to be here right now at this time playing for us throughout the preseason. So I’m fired up for him, he’s ready.”

Link >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/news/injury-updates-from-seahawks-coach-pete-carroll-ahead-of-sunday-s-season-opener-[/urltargetblank]

James in PA

Reaction score
They’re already dropping like flies and Prosise still gotta get through pregame warmups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They had to make a move to add Earl to the active roster. This is probably why putting Johnson on IR made some sense. With Thomas supporting them, Thorpe or Flowers will be fine. Rather have Thomas than Johnson playing anyway.

DJrmb

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1dhcgn7l said:
They had to make a move to add Earl to the active roster. This is probably why putting Johnson on IR made some sense. With Thomas supporting them, Thorpe or Flowers will be fine. Rather have Thomas than Johnson playing anyway.
Didn't they bring up King from the PS to take the open spot? Or did that not happen? If they did bring up King they still have to make room for Earl so we should see another move sometime today.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
DJrmb":2w4t28i3 said:
hawkfan68":2w4t28i3 said:
Didn't they bring up King from the PS to take the open spot? Or did that not happen? If they did bring up King they still have to make room for Earl so we should see another move sometime today.

Simeon was waived.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Rat":2o5ydq4n said:
xray":2o5ydq4n said:
Another IR ? The season yet to begin and the bench has to play. How did the Hawks manage to have so many delicate pussies on the team again. It seems they intentionally bring in players that have a history of injury or worse yet are injured when they sign them....WHY??? Do they come cheaper by the dozon? Ya'll watch, Jordan and Prosise won't make
it through 6 games and the Hawks will keep them because maybe someday they get in football shape. Tired of this s**t

Football is a violent sport. Most of the league is dealing with the same thing. Our lack of depth is killing us, and is probably a good reason to not shell out big dollars to guys like Earl.

I hated how Earl handled things. But even I can admit, at this point that if our secondary is to look decent, it will be entirely because Earl is saving our bacon

Fade

Reaction score
Maxwell will be back later on I think. Tre Flowers is a year away, but will be thrown in the fire this year. The Seahawks will have to target Corner early in the draft next year.

Why didn't this team extend Coleman? I would've preferred him over Lockett.

Stop creating more areas of need Pete.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
My interpretation is that they are actually fairly confident in those backing up Johnson to place him on IR with a minor injury. They are hedging their bets against future injuries while being able to activate Thomas and not completely lose another player.

nanomoz

Reaction score
It's a bit too brazen to me to start a guy at cornerback that's been a cornerback for about three months and two preseason games (worth of play).

Arrogant and risky, isn't it?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
nanomoz":1xnr3qvr said:
It's a bit too brazen to me to start a guy at cornerback that's been a cornerback for about three months and two preseason games (worth of play).

If there were a better option . . . I'm not sure there is one. Thorpe has been hurt. Coleman perhaps could be converted to the outside when they don't use a nickel, not sure.

Jville

Reaction score
nanomoz":225b5bt8 said:

Sure .... that's one way to look at it.

I'm more incline to view it as confident and bold.