Doug Baldwin is this team's 2nd best all time WR

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
chris98251":gdmz3xgj said:
Bobby Ingram gets now love, he was one of the toughest and most reliable guys we have had here.

Loved Bobby. He was easily the best and most consistent of the "three amigos". He would probably be 3 or 4 on my list.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
sorry but no... just no.

its galloway at #2
141112-galloway-600x405.jpg

4.1-4.2 speed. receiver that always demanded a double team, teams would gameplan in stopping him. dude just ran by everyone with ease. occasionally dropped an easy pass, but was no kearse/k-rob. punt/kick returner extraordinaire. a game-breaker.

how quickly they forget
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/n ... -dramatic/

[youtube]XUGMyGYtbHo[/youtube]
(note: mute the music)

chris98251

Reaction score
Too bad while here he was all about himself.

If he were here now and held out everyone would be screaming trade him and show him the door just like they did then, and the Cowboys happily took him off our hands.

OP
OP
Z

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Like I said, Galloway had Antonio Brown level potential, but he was kind of ahead of his time. He would be killer in today's NFL. But it took a couple injuries and being moved around a bit to get him to realize the game was bigger than him. Once he got his head right he turned into the player I'd always wanted him to be, it's just too bad it didn't happen till Tampa. Tampa Galloway brain in Seattle Galloway body and maybe we're discussing who's the best instead of who's the second best. My opinion.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'd rank DB 3rd behind Sam McCallum,I know a lot of you never saw him play and he was in Steve's shadow but the guy was good and got better every year he played.The problem is there was an average QB and little running game to open things up.The year he injured his neck/spine that really hurt the Hawks and it was the end for him as a player but I never forgot how good he was.

RiverDog

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2ue72voa said:
Wish we could have had Joe Jurevicius for more than 1 year

Copy that! JJ was a Jimmy Graham that could block like a bulldozer. Between him and Jeremy Stevens, they created some really favorable matchups, especially in the red zone.

hawknation2016

Reaction score
He has an argument as one of the best in franchise history. However, after witnessing what Lockett accomplished as a rookie, I'm not so sure Doug will even be considered the best WR on his own team a year from now. That's a good thing too because it should open up even more opportunities for him. These two will push each other every day to be great.

RiverDog

Reaction score
seatownlowdown":3dyjvuaj said:
sorry but no... just no.

its galloway at #2
141112-galloway-600x405.jpg

4.1-4.2 speed. receiver that always demanded a double team, teams would gameplan in stopping him. dude just ran by everyone with ease. occasionally dropped an easy pass, but was no kearse/k-rob. punt/kick returner extraordinaire. a game-breaker.

how quickly they forget
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/1995/n ... -dramatic/

[youtube]XUGMyGYtbHo[/youtube]
(note: mute the music)

Agreed about Galloway, I'd put him at #2 as well. He was a stud. The other thing to note was that he didn't play for a quarterback that could get him the ball on a consistent basis.

AgentDib

Reaction score
ADB is probably the best Seahawks slot receiver.

It's still way too early to rank him above Blades, Galloway, or DJack overall. I understand the enthusiasm but it's definitely cult of the new talk at this point. He's on a very good pace though, especially if you trend based on the last two seasons.

seahawksny

Reaction score
What about ex husky danny greene?

On serious note#83 ray butler was pretty good.
As was #89 byron walker

A

Anonymous

2 more TDs and ADB is at 38, and takes second all time behind Largent's 100.

seahawksny

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":30xd8yqz said:
2 more TDs and ADB is at 38, and takes second all time behind Largent's 100.

Wow... #2 on list is 62 behind #80?

crosfam

Reaction score
besides Largent - how many other Seahawks receiver's are in the Hall of Fame?
Rhetorical - none (not counting Rice).

Say we win another SB and ADB has 4-5 decent years, of which a majority are elite like he is now, and we may have another one.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
He is in my book... but we have to give a lot of credit to Russell for getting Doug the ball.

Go look at Galloway's number of targets vs. his number of receptions, which hover around 50%... not very impressive.

Doug's is more like 75% for the past several years.

sutz

Reaction score
I never really undestood the Galloway love. Basically all he had was a fly route. That's why Homgren dumped him. He was a prima donna who couldn't run real routes and catch passes. :229031_shrug:

Rickomatic

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":2swinj7n said:
All respect to Daryl Turner, Sam McCollum, Paul Skansi, Brian Blades, Tommy Kane, Mike Pritchard, Joey Galloway, Darrell Jackson, Koren Robinson, Bobby Engran, Golden Tate and the rest of the good WRs we've had over the years, I would take DB over every one of them.

That's all. Respect to DB for being all and more we could have ever asked of him.

Do you even Largent bro?