Doug Baldwin

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Gearing up for the season I was looking back at some of the great games over the years. 2015 NFC championship, Pack in Seattle. Overtime drive: Lynch for 2, Baldwin for 12, Lynch for 3, Wilson no gain, Baldwin for 35, Kearse Touchdown.

I'm excited for this WR group. Of course, DJ has big time potential. Lockett has risen and is badass. I still need to see more of Moore (lol) but we'll have to wait since he's out with shoulder injury. He has the opportunity to have a break out year. Brown brings consistency and might become RW's go to guy.

Since it looks like our number 2 and 3 receivers are out heading into the opener it will give us an early opportunity to see if the young guys are legit. Gary Jennings has a boat load of promise, Ursua looks explosive and reminds me a little of Tate, Malik Turner has an opportunity to be the new chip on the shoulder guy.

I think we all love Baldwin but I still feel he was under appreciated, even by us. I just hope the seemingly amazing WR group we have will make his loss seem less painful.

Go Hawks!

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
IMO, the biggest thing we are going to miss with Doug being gone was his proclivity making clutch catches and bailing Russ out when we needed it the most. Someone HAS to become that guy now, and I would guess it is going to be Lockett.

Doug's ability to track the ball, catch the pass, and get both feet in was absolutely incredible. And Russ always knew where he was.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Agreed. Doug was fantastic at getting open in the scramble drill, or coming up the sidelines where only he could catch the ball--often with toe-drag completions. A thing of beauty, no?

McGruff

Reaction score
The biggest thing we will miss with Doug is his leadership. His fire. His willingness to confront mediocrity.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Doug could make those impossible catches. He will be missed, some players are simply not replaceable.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Although it's true that ADB is one of those irreplaceable players, his loss can be mitigated if someone else steps up.

The one thing I do worry about is that we have a lot of new blood at a position where a clear understanding of the offense and the quarterback's intentions is critical. We've all seen interceptions returned for a touchdown when a receiver and QB aren't on the same page. One play like that can be a game changer and one game can make or break a season, even in September.

McGruff

Reaction score
On the field, you dont have to be Baldwin to replace Baldwins production.

I suspect a lot of what Doug did will be supplied by Dissley

capncrunch

Reaction score
McGruff":2o1ynqo9 said:
On the field, you dont have to be Baldwin to replace Baldwins production.

I suspect a lot of what Doug did will be supplied by Dissley

Wow. I like this. Yes. What a great, but brief season Dissly had. What a potent offense we will have is Carson, Dissly and dare I say Prosise stay healthy this year. As to Doug, what an awesome player and teammate. I am excited to see what Usura can do. He kind of reminds me of Wes Welker more than Doug. I also hope to see us giving more targets to larger bodied wide receivers going forward.

xray

Reaction score
Baldwin caught many " wild pitches " from Wilson that most WRs wouldn't come close to .

RiverDog

Reaction score
Baldwin knew not to give up on routes because of an impending pass rush, to always work to get open, to break off his assigned route when a play broke down and to follow the direction of Russell's scramble. That's one of the things we're going to miss about Baldwin, at least initially, is his 6th sense about Russell's tendencies.

xray

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1g5lhbkc said:
xray":1g5lhbkc said:
Baldwin caught many " wild pitches " from Wilson that most WRs wouldn't come close to .

HUGE Facts.

And as someone stated above, Ursua reminds me more of a Welker type of reciever than a DB type. Doug played the game alot bigger than his size.

IMO ...Ursua will end up being one of the best late round picks ; the Hawks ever made. After Lockett...Ursua will be the go to guy when needed...GO HAWKS

toffee

Reaction score
McGruff":29tmy8cy said:
Ursua plays faster than Doug or Welker.
How did you now that? Since Ursua hasn’t play a NFL regular season down yet. I sure hope he could be faster than angry and welker!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McGruff

Reaction score
toffee":2p4e7q7j said:
McGruff":2p4e7q7j said:
How did you now that? Since Ursua hasn’t play a NFL regular season down yet. I sure hope he could be faster than angry and welker!

I spy with my little eye a slot receiver fast than Baldwin.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
toffee":2rieehj6 said:
McGruff":2rieehj6 said:

You must remember he speaks to a higher power daily.

McGruff

Reaction score
LymonHawk":2djqf9kq said:
toffee":2djqf9kq said:
McGruff":2djqf9kq said:

You must remember he speaks to a higher power daily.

Multiple times.

I'm very needy.