Draft

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
SOS...If I interpret these 2 sources correctly, we would get it as the donks have a weaker SOS than the bears (who have the toughest). Which is good in that situation. The Bears and donks both have challenging remaining games...but the Bears is a bit harder IMO. Might be that Russ sqeaks out enough to move us down...he'd probably turn that into a big win for them somehow.

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team's opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

The SOS rankings below are updated through Week 13 games.

2022 NFL Strength of Schedule Rankings​

RankTeamOpp. RecordOpp. Win Pct.
1Chicago Bears35-13-00.729
2New York Giants43-17-20.710
3Washington Commanders29-18-10.615
4Cincinnati Bengals34-26-00.567
4New England Patriots34-26-00.567
6New York Jets33-27-00.550
7Houston Texans33-27-10.549
8Green Bay Packers26-22-00.542
9Miami Dolphins33-28-00.541
10Buffalo Bills32-29-00.525
10Jacksonville Jaguars31-28-10.525
12Cleveland Browns32-29-10.524
13Indianapolis Colts24-22-20.521
14Denver Broncos31-29-00.517

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
If Seahawks end up getting a top 3 pick, don't be surprised if they trade down to ~10 and get a massive haul of picks.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Or we could pick Jalen Carter and be instant Superbowl contenders?
It;s basicaly been their narrative for the last 10 years to trade away in hopes of the holy grail..it hasn't worked, all the lousy trades, the poor draft choices that never worked out.. We basically squandered our future on it and this year it was so refreshing that, they didn't trade down to accumulate a lot of 5th round draft choices, they didn't draft players that were deemed highly rated by only the Seahawks FO and could have been had in later rounds. That said, Yeah, if we didn't have a real need, an immediate need, yeah sure trade down, but if you look at our defense.. we have some glaring needs and were in a position to take advantage of some elite talent,, well potentially elite players, so lets go for it. If it doesn't work out, well, it doesn't, but we won't be able to say, we should have drafted someone else cause we drafted the best available.

Scout

Reaction score
I do not think the Hawks should trade down because I feel the roster (especially the defensive front seven) is full of average to above average players. But the team needs impact players on the OL/DL that can change the flow of a game. Basically it takes 1-2 impact OL or DL players to elevate the rest of the unit if they are average. And this is more of a reality due to salary cap restraints as well. It is better to have four C level players and one A+ player than five B level players on the OL for example. That is just the reality of NFL salary cap.

12forlife

Reaction score
I still think there are to many holes. Trade back, 3 first rounders and (2) 2nd rounders to fill the LB, LEFT OG, DE, C and QB positions. 5 new starters plus a couple of suprises late in the draft would end any thoughts of a rebuild.
Think you mean Right G. Need to replace Gabe Jackson. I agree with the rest of what you said, except we need to make DT a priority also if the right guys available. I think we sure up the trenches this year

Spohawks

Reaction score
Think you mean Right G. Need to replace Gabe Jackson. I agree with the rest of what you said, except we need to make DT a priority also if the right guys available. I think we sure up the trenches this year
Curhan is the answer at RG, he is just hurt (I think).

OP
OP
hawkcrazzed

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
What about putting Lewis back to right where he was a beast and get a real LG and C

12forlife

Reaction score
If Seahawks end up getting a top 3 pick, don't be surprised if they trade down to ~10 and get a massive haul of picks.
Yeah if they don't land Carter, I could see us moving down. Im in the crowd that Anderson isn't generational.

massari

Reaction score
Perfect scenario seems like Jalen Carter with a top 3 pick, then QB Anthony Richardson somehow falls to their later 1st. Would be crazy.

It's so nice to have restored faith in the draft after the amazing 2022. Whoever they pick, be it Jalen Carter, an edge rusher, or a QB, I'm sure the right choice will be made.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I don't ever claim to be a draft expert, I trust that Pete and John will do the right thing. If their guy isn't there, move down and grab an extra 2nd.
That being said, I do appreciate all the threads and talk about possible draft picks on this page. This 2023 draft is going to be a blast.

OP
OP
hawkcrazzed

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I don't ever claim to be a draft expert, I trust that Pete and John will do the right thing. If their guy isn't there, move down and grab an extra 2nd.
That being said, I do appreciate all the threads and talk about possible draft picks on this page. This 2023 draft is going to be a blast.
i would agree with you exept for the drafts before the last 2 they miss alot and get their guy but that guy sucks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, I'm enjoying the current draft and looking forward to the next one. Dwelling on the past isn't my jam. Can't change it.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I can’t imagine them passing on Carter or a QB if John loves one. It’s not happening. Unless they go back to getting cute about the draft and pass on both of those options.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No cute, just another great draft coming up. Yes, that's just an OPINION, not stating it as fact. Gotta' get that out ahead of time :ROFLMAO: