Drew Lock Fan Club

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will gladly join after Week 8 when he has proven to be a fantastic QB in our new system.

JPatera76

Reaction score

toffee

Reaction score
Who’s with me?
ok, I shall join the fan club, you and me are the founding members lol.

Lock is a slower, and less accurate Russ; Lock is also a taller, and more coachable Russ. They both haven't master the art of throwing with anticipation over the middle. Both Russ and Lock own strong arms that could go deep.

Just for fun, if Lock time travel back to joining the Hawks in 2012, with Lynch and that defense, could he do well? quite intriguing. Similarly, if Russ were to time travel and join the Broncos three years ago, would Broncos still suffer having to change OC three times?

Rosco

Reaction score
ok, I shall join the fan club, you and me are the founding members lol.

Lock is a slower, and less accurate Russ; Lock is also a taller, and more coachable Russ. They both haven't master the art of throwing with anticipation over the middle. Both Russ and Lock own strong arms that could go deep.

Just for fun, if Lock time travel back to joining the Hawks in 2012, with Lynch and that defense, could he do well? quite intriguing. Similarly, if Russ were to time travel and join the Broncos three years ago, would Broncos still suffer having to change OC three times?
It would not have made a difference. Poor coaching via Fangio and Schurmer would have turned Wilson into a former NFL QB looking for a backup job

BASF

Reaction score
But this is Russell Wilson, unlimited dangeruss, who single handedly saved Pete Carroll's coaching career.
The fact is that Wilson was vastly more prepared for the NFL as a rookie than almost any other QB coming out. Comparing him to almost any other rookie QB is not going to be favorable to the other. The problem with Wilson is after he completed the coaching to get to where he was a complete passer in 2015, he decided to regress to the QB we saw the past two seasons.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
How beautiful will it be when Lock outperforms Russ this year. When it happens we will have completed one of the best trades in history not only getting younger at QB, getting an elite TE, and Harris. We get the picks from Denver. JS and PC win again.

nwHawk

Reaction score
I am always going to be a Seahawks fan first. Drew Lock is a Seahawk. Of corse I’m on board. Print me a membership card, and let’s freaking go!!!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
He's a Seahawk. I'm a fan until he isn't. :)
View attachment 53272
YEP ^ 100%
I'm hopeful that he will take the layup plays that Wilson wouldn't...Anything to keep the chains moving.
All those 3 & outs over the past 4 seasons were pretty discouraging/frustrating, especially when it's a guy that is a supposed top 10 Quarterback is leaving a lot of plays on the field.
I know that this isn't supposed to be about Russ, but almost EVERYONE (especially the RW fans) will be comparing Russ-Play to every single facet of play by Lock, and they are Birds of a different feather.

toffee

Reaction score
For Lock, I can think of how Hawks situation may help him or not:

Good:
Good receiving Corp. From Lockett to DK and down, all had good speed. And two proven 1000 yard WRs.

TE are good too,

RBs could be very good with Penny and Walker but Penny has injury history, Walker is a rookie.

Not so good:
OC is still unproven after a single season. Right after Waldron was hired, his star QB announced that he had no confidence in Hawks' coaching, and Russ basically did his own things. We saw a bit of Waldron's offense though Geno.

OL is questionable too, a pair of rookie bookends, new OL coach and new zoom scheme.

BASF

Reaction score

Good:
Good receiving Corp. From Lockett to DK and down, all had good speed. And two proven 1000 yard WRs.

TE are good too,

RBs could be very good with Penny and Walker but Penny has injury history, Walker is a rookie.

Not so good:
OC is still unproven after a single season. Right after Waldron was hired, his star QB announced that he had no confidence in Hawks' coaching, and Russ basically did his own things. We saw a bit of Waldron's offense though Geno.

OL is questionable too, a pair of rookie bookends, new OL coach and new zoom scheme.
Don't forget a new signal caller on the line which affects everything. Hopefully they can gel quickly. A line with good chemistry and rapport can make a promising season into a special one.

toffee

Reaction score
Don't forget a new signal caller on the line which affects everything. Hopefully they can gel quickly. A line with good chemistry and rapport can make a promising season into a special one.
The OL, health of RB and OC remain my biggest concern. If all work great, Lock could have a new career or at least be our Dilfer.

Rosco

Reaction score

Good:

TE are good too,

Not so good:

Sounds like Russ didn’t want to play in a more structured offense even though the WCO is very QB friendly.

toffee

Reaction score
Sounds like Russ didn’t want to play in a more structured offense even though the WCO is very QB friendly.
You are probably right, but regardless of why, we ended up not getting to see a lot of Waldron system.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You are probably right, but regardless of why, we ended up not getting to see a lot of Waldron system.
We did see it in opener and in last game.
It was like Russ went along with it just to show he could
but only when he wanted to..I can't believe PC defended
him for so long until the last 2 seasons.Then again Russ
has fooled a lot of people but in the end a lot have seen
him for what he really is.

Latest posts