DT Bryan Bresee

Chawker

Reaction score
DT Bryan Bresee 6' 5" 300 Clamson est. 4.7 40

If the Seahawks pass on Bresee they need to answer to me. High motor guy plays Both run and pass very well, he has more potential in his little finger then the rest of this years draftees.

Please take the time to check out Mr. Bresee profile. You'll be glad you did.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Tends to have short bursts of dominance followed by stretches of pedestrian play.

Jville

Reaction score
Finding defensive linemen to fit in with Uchenna Nwosu is the #1 priority in the eyes of many.

Pete Carroll on @SeattleSports says the obvious: the gap between the Seahawks and 49ers is most obvious in the defensive front 7s
— Gregg Bell (@gbellseattle) January 16, 2023

While the 49ers have at least three superstars in Nick Bosa, Arik Armstead and Fred Warner plus several strong supporting players, right now the Seahawks only have one really reliable piece up front: outside linebacker Uchenna Nwosu. In the end he tied Darrell Taylor for the team lead in sacks (9.5) and was their most consistent defender throughout the season. https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/17/pete-carroll-discusses-gap-between-seahawks-49ers/

Ozzy

Reaction score
If Carter(who didn't impress me at all in CFP) and Anderson are gone you don't want be back in a position where you're just taking the next best guy because you need help at the position, that's how you get a Collier like pick. If a game changing Dlineman isn't there then pick elsewhere because you just need an infusion of talent all over the defense.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
One of the things that bothers me the most about Bresee is his tackling he has a 30% missed tackle rate. If all you expect from him is to take up blockers I can see taking him

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I really like Bresse and if Carter, Williams, Young or Stroud are gone, I hope they trade down and select him with whatever pick they acquire. Pair him with Siaki Ika/Mazi Smith and Tui Tuipulotu. They could move him to DE where imo he would flourish and have him rush on the outside or contain the run similar to Red Bryant.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Tends to have short bursts of dominance followed by stretches of pedestrian play.

Agreed here.

Depends where he's taken. At #20, I'm possibly comfortable with that. But it would require a deeper dive.

Bresee should be a force at the combine. Testing numbers in my mind will only save par for him, as he's a first round candidate and it's already assumed he will test great as he's done in the past.

If he does test great, then it'll only serve to merit a deep examination into the tape to try and make sense of what should be seen as very mediocre production for a top tier defender. And there may well be very legitimate reasons for that.

If he doesn't test great, that will kind of cement a drop in profile consistent with underperformance productivity wise.

I'm not taking him in R1, if he can't pass rush. To merit R1 as a run defender, you have to be brilliant and consistent and test like a horse. Think Jordan Davis/Vita Vea. Not one or two of three. All of three. Otherwise you're just a garden variety run stuffer that can be found in R2/R3 of every draft in quantity. From size/profile and production, I'd rather take Mazi Smith straight up at any selection if I have the choice between them.

If we're really aching to get a big guy to anchor the middle, then I'd even be comfortable reaching for Smith.

OP
OP
Chawker

Chawker

Reaction score
Well, we can't fix our defense by drafting another DE. Taylor,Mafe,Harris, Jefferson and Robinson.

Bresee plays both run and pass, and athletic enough to move him around on the D-line. He won't be a aaron Donald but, is a good DT.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
If I were the GM I'd be drafting several DLinemen and at least 1 edge rusher along with two ILBs.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Bresee plays hard, is violent, and just looks the part. I like him a lot...my #1 DT. If we came away with one or even two of the Clemson defensive guys in round one, I'd be happy... Bresee, Murphy, and Simpson.

Chevy

Reaction score
Breese in early 2nd round maybe. Overrated for me.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
His numbers this past season were very mediocre. Is there a reason for that beyond his '21 ACL recovery? Better yet, is there a compelling reason that should not affect his draft position?

BASF

Reaction score
His numbers this past season were very mediocre. Is there a reason for that beyond his '21 ACL recovery? Better yet, is there a compelling reason that should not affect his draft position?
The numbers thing is him competing for numbers with two other people that will more than likely be drafted in the top twenty. Murphy will more than likely go top ten.

12forlife

Reaction score
His 15yr old sister passed away during the season due to cancer. Heard it really messed with him missed some games I believe.