Eagles Riley Cooper being racist

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Throwdown":27h9hyr6 said:
Zebulon Dak":27h9hyr6 said:
Can we please stop with all the "black community needs to" bullshit? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Sounds incredibly stupid, I'm envisioning a bunch of guys with klan clothes behind them with their John Deer hats and cut off off sleeveless shirts typing on the computer using spell check.
Yes because every white person is a backwoods member of the kkk...

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2s4kbh2v said:
Throwdown":2s4kbh2v said:
Zebulon Dak":2s4kbh2v said:
Can we please stop with all the "black community needs to" bullshit? Do you have any idea how stupid that sounds?

Sounds incredibly stupid, I'm envisioning a bunch of guys with klan clothes behind them with their John Deer hats and cut off off sleeveless shirts typing on the computer using spell check.
Yes because every white person is a backwoods member of the kkk...

Not every white person feels the need to ask why they can't say the n-word to a black person, either. I know I don't, its just word I don't say, I was raised by my parents telling me its an ugly word and you look like an idiot saying it. I don't understand why white people have to be so out of touch with reality, why do we have to put it on trial and ask why we can't say it? You know damn well why! Lot of people seem out of touch with reality in this thread IMO.

drdiags

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2yogqxvn said:
KEWASTEES":2yogqxvn said:
Slavery lasted hundreds of years...and it was SLAVERY! So this is nothing in comparison. It is what it is.

Yet, when's the last time you saw the black community blaming their ancestors in Africa for collecting and selling their own people as slaves?

What does that have to do with this situation? Cooper has some crappy pals who put him on blast or he was unfortunate to have someone in his face recording him on his off time. The guy was doing stuff as a common Joe. He used a trigger word. Not sure why he needs to be punished by the NFL or his team. He wasn't wearing an Eagles uniform at the time.

I don't want a pound of his flesh. I am sure he isn't the only person who has uttered the word and meant it as a form of disgust and hate. Man can hate whomever he wants. He does have to deal with his team-mates not wanting to talk with him for various reasons. Some will get over it, others will not. This is a non-story but folks with an agenda did want to run with it. On both sides of the issue.

pehawk

Reaction score
Roland's the most disconnected from reality dude I've ever encountered. Bravo good sir, bravo!

XOXO

Pehawk the Racist

drdiags

Reaction score
And yes, Africans were dips who sold captured tribesmen into bondage. Though no differently than in the Roman and Greek empire days. Except those dudes put all races and ethnics into bondage. No one has a moral high ground in the history of the human race. Just be the hunter, not the hunted.

pehawk

Reaction score
I guess I don't understand why its shocking a NFL players kind of a dope?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I have to wonder: If Cooper had uttered a long string of profanity and included black in there somewhere, would it have caused half the outrage while probably being even more hateful? )Would it even have made the news?) Or is this a case where saying the racist of all racist terms springs some media level bonus where they can ceaselessly moralize about a single word because people have to care?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
drdiags":3343237z said:
What does that have to do with this situation?

I'd explain it, but then Pehawk, Absolut, and HawksFTW would accuse me of explaining stuff, because it's really cool to do so.

Also, Pe, if you think I'm the most disconnected person from reality that you've seen, you are incredibly sheltered.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
My goodness, slavery as it was practiced in Africa and Central Asia at the time was far less violent, and slaves could buy their way out of slavery, generally speaking. That's what African kings though they were selling their indebted members or society into, not chattel slavery, which was quite unlike how slavery was generally practiced.

Not that any of this matters. If I got mad every time a white guy dropped that word, I would be mad in perpetuity. Wow, a white guy said it out loud at a country music concert. Big shock. That is one step from a white guy saying it at a Tea Party rally. Absolutely no one is surprised.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Most of the slaves that made it to America were kidnapped by locals, not conscripted by kings, or anything like that; if Wikipedia and random history websites on the Internet are to be believed.

Regardless, this guy was a moron and he shouldn't have used that word; but the "white devil" reaction from some quarters is as annoying as ever.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":10y72ilc said:
My goodness, slavery as it was practiced in Africa and Central Asia at the time was far less violent, and slaves could buy their way out of slavery, generally speaking. That's what African kings though they were selling their indebted members or society into, not chattel slavery, which was quite unlike how slavery was generally practiced.

Not that any of this matters. If I got mad every time a white guy dropped that word, I would be mad in perpetuity. Wow, a white guy said it out loud at a country music concert. Big shock. That is one step from a white guy saying it at a Tea Party rally. Absolutely no one is surprised.
That is what I was trying to say. Too many are making it out that it is calling out bomb on an airplane or some other crazy thing.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Roland, there were a combination of sellers: Kings, guys who kidnapped stragglers, merchants selling their indentured servants, etc.

Anyway, it's sort of silly to expect anyone to get mad at people for selling other people related to me into slavery. I save my energy for attacking the vestiges of a system that originally shaped so many social and economic pillars for this society that harm people based on their skin color.

Also, every time I hear a white person whine about not being about to say that word, I always want to offer them a trade; you switch places with black people in terms of literacy rates or median income, and we'll be glad to let you say that word all you want. :lol:

But back to what Kixkahn was saying, seriously, there are more important threats to ethnic equality than a football player saying a word. This is a nice way for ESPN and the like to show how much they care about the issues of inequality and bigotry without actually asking any hard questions or looking at real issues.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2xd3zsn4 said:
Funny thing is, I bet the most outraged ones are white people.

And I would wager that most of it is false outrage.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
I think this entire thing is extremely silly. Leave the guy alone and let him and his teammates work this out.

Like this is the first time someone has said something that offends someone else. Who cares? These guys will sort it out.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":m3firyes said:
drdiags":m3firyes said:
What does that have to do with this situation?

I'd explain it, but then Pehawk, Absolut, and HawksFTW would accuse me of explaining stuff, because it's really cool to do so.

Also, Pe, if you think I'm the most disconnected person from reality that you've seen, you are incredibly sheltered.

Don't you lump me in with those two.