Eagles Riley Cooper being racist

Axx

Reaction score
yeah that's right, i better not hear you crackers say the word ****** again cause that's racist.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Roland,
So, encouraging people to apply for a job is now equivalent to blatant racism people face in hiring?
Seriously?
Anyway back to original topic: Cooper's problem is that, he disrespected about 3/4 of his own team. These are the guys who are supposed to have his back on a football field. He called them names, he insulted them. He will probably want some of them to block for him ...
Here is another lesson in history for you. Back in the second world wars, Blacks and White soldiers were all called upon to risk their lives for the Stars and Stripes against Hitler, Japanese Emperor and the Russian Communist Army. But when both (Black and White Soldiers ) came back home, some were treated as hero and given all types of loans to go to college, others were sent back to the Ghetto and weren't allowed to even enter college, because of the color of their skin.
I would strongly suggest you read American History ... written by those who were oppressed.
Joe

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
joeseahawks":1r9wfqcu said:
Roland,
So, encouraging people to apply for a job is now equivalent to blatant racism people face in hiring?
Seriously?

You'll just deny this, but you would say it is if it was the other way around.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Promoting diversity ≠ discouraging diversity. They are not equivalent.

Axx

Reaction score
How would people react if there was a sign that said "Looking for qualified Caucasian Americans"?

mikeak

Reaction score
Donte Stallworth KILLED a person and played in the NFL
Jason Kidd beat his wife and played in the NBA and will now be a coach
Vick tortured and killed dogs and is in Coopers team.

Just saying that if he can't be forgiven then I have somewhat of an issue with that....

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
mikeak":zns3xaqb said:
Donte Stallworth KILLED a person and played in the NFL
Jason Kidd beat his wife and played in the NBA and will now be a coach
Vick tortured and killed dogs and is in Coopers team.

Just saying that if he can't be forgiven then I have somewhat of an issue with that....

So racist

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Again
some of you either don't want to understand or simply refuse to understand what goes on in your own country.
For a very high percentage of open positions in this country, try to apply using two different applications. Both application will have the exact same skill-set, education and experience and will only differ by the color of the skill of the applicant. Like I said, it is a 15 minutes experiment and you can see for yourself what goes on in this country. In other words, try to be a virtual "Black person" for a few days ...
Joe
Axx":cguysuy1 said:
How would people react if there was a sign that said "Looking for qualified Caucasian Americans"?

Axx

Reaction score
joeseahawks":23kp2rni said:
Again
some of you either don't want to understand or simply refuse to understand what goes on in your own country.
For a very high percentage of open positions in this country, try to apply using two different applications. Both application will have the exact same skill-set, education and experience and will only differ by the color of the skill of the applicant. Like I said, it is a 15 minutes experiment and you can see for yourself what goes on in this country. In other words, try to be a virtual "Black person" for a few days ...
Joe
Axx":23kp2rni said:

I work at a factory here in Texas and they discriminate against hiring white people haha.
They prefer to hire minorities who don't speak english because the government gives them more money. I think white people should feel some sort of prejudice in this scenario.

I have met plenty of successful black people who grew up on the not so rich side of the town which made me believe it's the individuals who make poor decisions. After all there are so many safety nets to help everyone succeed in life.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am not saying there isn't racism in this country that affects minorities every single day. I also think Cooper is a racist / somewhat of a racist. My point is simply that in the court of law he can't pay the penance. He has been fined, lost / will lose endorsements and friends - what else should he pay? Others as I listed above have done much worse and been accepted in the league....

SeaTown81

Reaction score
This thread is filled with straw man arguments and people changing the discussion. I'm going to leave my last comment as this.

If you are white and use the N word, you're racist. No way around it.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
SeaTown's right. There's no way around it. If you even just think it you've got race issues in your own brain.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1n893qm1 said:
SeaTown81":1n893qm1 said:
Noooooooo! That means Jackie Chan is racist!!! :(

[youtube]t7GT9P-nT4Y[/youtube]

Jackie Chan is white?

mikeak

Reaction score
SeaTown81":2klfxb3l said:
This thread is filled with straw man arguments and people changing the discussion. I'm going to leave my last comment as this.

I agree but for the point of the thread what does it mean in the terms of the NFL? He got a fine and death threats. Should he be suspended? 1 game, season, life? What moves this forward?