Earl is officially our punt returner

chris98251

Reaction score
When I see Walters inactive I will beleive Earl is returning punts, they made the move to release Bates and bring back Walters for a reason. Why even cut and make this move if they were going to inactivate him anyway.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3pc5g4pt said:
I thought that most Hawks fans would trust in "Always ComPETE" by now.

Guess not. I mean, it's not like that philosophy won a Lombardi or anything.
It's not that I don't trust in Pete's philosophy. I guess I'm just surprised there isn't anyone better. If the coaches feel that Earl won the job, then good for Earl.

dgleighton

Reaction score
Been a rabid fan sense 1983. If Kenny Easley and Deon Sanders could do it then Earl can do it. Do you or do you not want your best players on the field at any given moment?

Though there has been much debate about Percy and his"frailty", bet there wasn't a lot of b#!@#ing when he ran back the 2nd half kick at the SB...

endzorn

Reaction score
I like the idea that Pete refuses to coach scared, but if Earl gets hurt then Pete will deserve the criticism that follows. Of all the Seahawks on this team, though, I'd most like to see Earl bust a long return.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
warden":1zr023p2 said:
I wish our coach was as smart as you guys, like WTF is he thinking putting ET in as punt returner.

I for one have absolutely no problem with Earl returning punts. If you play scared you should be looking at a different career.

There is a difference between playing scared and playing smart.

Russell Wilson doesn't run out of bounds or slide because he scared, he does it because he is smart.

I don't think playing the leagues best safety at PR is all that smart, its a risk, but hey it might pay off, who knows.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jesus Christ, I'm embarrassed to be associated with a lot of you in this thread. Always compete means exactly that, now stop whining about the mantra you love 98% of the time because of the 2% where you don't.

I'm rooting for you to return the first punt you receive Thursday night to the house, Earl. Can't wait.

warden

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2bafo4nj said:
warden":2bafo4nj said:
I wish our coach was as smart as you guys, like WTF is he thinking putting ET in as punt returner.

I for one have absolutely no problem with Earl returning punts. If you play scared you should be looking at a different career.

There is a difference between playing scared and playing smart.

Russell Wilson doesn't run out of bounds or slide because he scared, he does it because he is smart.

I don't think playing the leagues best safety at PR is all that smart, its a risk, but hey it might pay off, who knows.

I wish you were our coach because Pete does not play smart, man how did such a dumb coach win a Super Bowl. It is obvious from your post that you know better and are smarter then Pete.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2n5ojer7 said:
Jesus Christ, I'm embarrassed to be associated with a lot of you in this thread. Always compete means exactly that, now stop whining about the mantra you love 98% of the time because of the 2% where you don't.

I'm rooting for you to return the first punt you receive Thursday night to the house, Earl. Can't wait.

I'm embarrassed to take you out in public Ro but I still don't love you any less :)

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
How about we give Earl Thomas a chance to return punts before we criticize Pete Carroll...?

253hawk

Reaction score
Jacknut16":2pj9we5a said:

RW also does this because there are 250+ lb guys on the field that can run 4.6 40's. Those guys aren't on the field during punts; Earl will be just fine taking on a handful of guys his own size (the rest being blockers that he should have no trouble avoiding.)

It took a lucky one-armed swipe and a perfect coverage angle by arguably the most athletic punter in the league just to trip ET up. Can't wait to see him breaking big returns all year long and watching all of these hand-wringers backpedal like crazy.

chris98251

Reaction score
Why is it necessary to call other posters names due to concerns about a player that is the best at what he does being on the end of people taking shots on him versus giving them?

Smellyman

Reaction score
253hawk":7e4ewy0v said:
Jacknut16":7e4ewy0v said:

RW also does this because there are 250+ lb guys on the field that can run 4.6 40's. Those guys aren't on the field during punts; Earl will be just fine taking on a handful of guys his own size (the rest being blockers that he should have no trouble avoiding.)

It took a lucky one-armed swipe and a perfect coverage angle by arguably the most athletic punter in the league just to trip ET up. Can't wait to see him breaking big returns all year long and watching all of these hand-wringers backpedal like crazy.

lots of LB'S are on special teams. do you think those are olineman blocking?

DrDix

Reaction score
Risk is NOT even close to worth the reward.

Not even close.

chris98251

Reaction score
If Earl was of the Sanders mentality I may think different, Deion didn't like contact or tackling, Earl likes to deliver a hit big difference in how you make contact.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
chris98251":23pp2bo3 said:
If Earl was of the Sanders mentality I may think different, Deion didn't like contact or tackling, Earl likes to deliver a hit big difference in how you make contact.

I like where you're going with this. To say Earl shouldn't be returning punts a few times a game because the risk rate is higher than that of the average position isn't taking everything into consideration. Different players are different.

Does anyone think Earl should be taking a knee the next time he intercepts a pass?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
253hawk":3t38btvs said:
Can't wait to see him breaking big returns all year long and watching all of these hand-wringers backpedal like crazy.
Let's make a list of the people in this thread that will not be allowed to "side with Earl" after they change their minds at his punt return awesomeness later this year. :D

Latest posts