Earl skips practice for unknown reason

Danny Darko

Reaction score
When he misses practice, he doesn't bring his wealth of knowledge to the rest of the defense full of young guys.
When he misses practice because he's being an immature baby and can't live up to a contract with his name on it, there are morale, monkey see monkey do problems, as well.

Don't suspend him and pay him. Demand he live up to that contract and get in touch with the payers union about how this is going down vs what they want in contracts.

And screw the 2nd rounder... get a starting RT and a 5th or whatever.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Danny Darko":34wjihy7 said:
When he misses practice, he doesn't bring his wealth of knowledge to the rest of the defense full of young guys.
When he misses practice because he's being an immature baby and can't live up to a contract with his name on it, there are morale, monkey see monkey do problems, as well.

Don't suspend him and pay him. Demand he live up to that contract and get in touch with the payers union about how this is going down vs what they want in contracts.

He didn’t miss practice, so he was there to impart his knowledge to teammates on the field and meeting rooms.

He didn’t suit up to protect himself from injury, most likely, which makes total sense to me, especially given the quality of his play through two games.

I don’t personally see it as a big deal. But I also understand if the team disagrees and decides to threaten a fine to send a message and prevent it from getting out of hand with other players taking unauthorized rest days.

toffee

Reaction score
After today's game, John and Pete must up the price. Now's a 1st round if Jerry wanted to trade for Earl, punishment for waiting.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":290uht6x said:
Danny Darko":290uht6x said:

He didn’t miss practice, so he was there to impart his knowledge to teammates on the field and meeting rooms.

He didn’t suit up to protect himself from injury, most likely, which makes total sense to me, especially given the quality of his play through two games.

I don’t personally see it as a big deal. But I also understand if the team disagrees and decides to threaten a fine to send a message and prevent it from getting out of hand with other players taking unauthorized rest days.

He is getting paid to play and practice, if he doesn't want to take a chance getting injured retire, everyone here has or does or is going to taking a chance of getting injured going to coming from or being at work.

That excuse is bullshit, you don't practice without a contract to protect yourself from injury, not when you have one. Secondly who's to say I am not going to practice because I have a contract in two years coming up I need to be in good shape for or 3 years, where does it stop.

To big a value to cut, not so much to bench and fine if he pulls it again.

Steve2222

Reaction score
A lot of people in this forum need to be eating their ET crow

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Earl can miss all the practices he wants. He comes to play on gamedays. Two picks today. Unfortunately the Seahawks offense once again failed to capitalize on them. Earl makes this team much better. Keep him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":2atf7k0n said:
hawknation2018":2atf7k0n said:
Danny Darko":2atf7k0n said:

He is getting paid to play and practice, if he doesn't want to take a chance getting injured retire, everyone here has or does or is going to taking a chance of getting injured going to coming from or being at work.

That excuse is bullshit, you don't practice without a contract to protect yourself from injury, not when you have one. Secondly who's to say I am not going to practice because I have a contract in two years coming up I need to be in good shape for or 3 years, where does it stop.

To big a value to cut, not so much to bench and fine if he pulls it again.

Yeah, the extra rest really affected him negatively. ;)

OP
OP
N

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3qbavrpc said:
Earl can miss all the practices he wants. He comes to play on gamedays. Two picks today. Unfortunately the Seahawks offense once again failed to capitalize on them. Earl makes this team much better. Keep him.

I just don't know if they can given the salary cap . Wagner is more important they have to keep him he's a top 3 Middle Linebacker there more important than FS. I'd be fine if they did resign him but I'm not sure they feel it's in the teams best interest long term. Everyday that goes by without an extension makes it more likely they trade or franchise him or just give him his outright release.

bandiger

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3i55wkc8 said:

Offense did its bare minimum, limit turnovers. Way too many 3 and outs that give teams chances of changing momentum and winning the game.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hmmm....just saw on seahawks game day that Earl thought he just played his last game. Let's hope so and we get that high pick

chris98251

Reaction score
This is pretty anti team.

Earl Thomas on missing practice: "I need to make sure my body is 100. I'm investing in myself. If they were investing in me, I would be out there practicing. But I feel like if any thing, I don't give a damn if it's small, I got a headache, I'm not practicing."

They are investing in you Earl 500,000 a game this year.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":1cs9c36g said:

Earl Thomas on missing practice: "I need to make sure my body is 100. I'm investing in myself. If they were investing in me, I would be out there practicing. But I feel like if any thing, I don't give a damn if it's small, I got a headache, I'm not practicing."

Like Marshawn Lynch before him ...

I get that the Marshawn Lynch rest days were team sanctioned, so maybe there is a difference there that warrants a fine or threat of a fine.

But do I give one care? No. Because he continues to play great in games, and he continues to show up at every practice to help his team. It doesn’t make any difference to me.

It’s also good to see that I was 100% correct on his reasons for sitting out on Friday.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
hawknation2018":t8zf8fj0 said:
chris98251":t8zf8fj0 said:

I get that the Marshawn Lynch rest days were team sanctioned, so maybe there is a difference there that warrants a fine or threat of a fine.

But do I give one care? No. Because he continues to play great in games, and he continues to show up at every practice to help his team. It doesn’t make any difference to me.

It’s also good to see that I was 100% correct on his reasons for sitting out on Friday.

So, zero issues with precedent, example, protecting the team or anything. If you have results on the field, do whatever you want outside of gameday?

From a team perspective, this commentary is not great to hear, this will be an on going battle. You can’t have players pull themselves out over a fingernail because they feel like they deserve more money, and practice might somehow get in the way of that.

As you said, if the team chooses to give rest days, ok, but it can’t be up to the player.

Edit — also agree with Chris. Team is investing heavily in Thomas, he just wants even more. I get that he means long term but this is just silly. He acts like being paid top 5 means literally nothing.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3ucudvp2 said:
chris98251":3ucudvp2 said:

Except the difference here is he is using this as leverage to push for a trade....he is all about himself as per his quote.