Earl Thomas activated and expected to start

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
RockinHawks":phmo3lro said:
I just like to think that Pete's message of always competing is something sincere,

There's your mistake

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2bsbwqhn said:
RockinHawks":2bsbwqhn said:
I just like to think that Pete's message of always competing is something sincere,

There's your mistake

:roll:

Anyone who doesn't think Earl Thomas has proven himself to be the best safety on this roster needs his head examined.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
SOCALCOPHAWK":w2efjcb5 said:
First time ever posting, long time site creeper.

"You play to win the game!"

ET until we trade him or that contract is up.
#Bestinthegame

Good first post.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RockinHawks":2tabg7m6 said:
This sends a shitty message.

Sit out, hang your teammates out to dry, but as long as you're there by week #1, you'll play. Thompson must be pissed.
Thompson should have played better than right? I don’t really care about messages and hurt feelings, sorry. I want the best team on the field.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
rcaido":2cgwn1ra said:
RockinHawks":2cgwn1ra said:

Sit out, hang your teammates out to dry, but as long as you're there by week #1, you'll play. Thompson must be pissed.

Maybe we should take out Doug Baldwin too. Seeing how he didn't play a pre-season game. McCovy & Moore must be pissed.
Bingo!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawknation2018":vfp8j8ap said:
pittpnthrs":vfp8j8ap said:
RockinHawks":vfp8j8ap said:

There's your mistake

Anyone who doesn't think Earl Thomas has proven himself to be the best safety on this roster needs his head examined.

Sure he is and i'm thrilled he's playing, but the always compete saying has proven to be a joke and i'm not sure why anybody would allow themselves to be fooled by it at this point anymore.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":rukolmr6 said:
hawknation2018":rukolmr6 said:
pittpnthrs":rukolmr6 said:
RockinHawks":rukolmr6 said:

There's your mistake

Sure he is and i'm thrilled he's playing, but the always compete saying has proven to be a joke and i'm not sure why anybody would allow themselves to be fooled by it at this point anymore.

anonFAFA

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1habjpfp said:

I think that might depend on the team. There is the possibility that the team would be pissed if he didn't start given he gives them the best chance to win. If they're sympathetic to why he held out (which I would be surprised if they weren't), then starting him is the best thing Pete could do.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":ueuavsfm said:
hawknation2018":ueuavsfm said:
pittpnthrs":ueuavsfm said:
RockinHawks":ueuavsfm said:

There's your mistake

So which players are starting that are worse than their back ups exactly? What players have made this team that shouldn't have?
You say always compete isn't real then provide some proof.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Where does it say he's expected to start?

I would like to see what Thompson can do. Hopefully he gets some good playing time.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
jlwaters1":38p6oyjy said:

I would like to see what Thompson can do. Hopefully he gets some good playing time.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BradyHenderson/status/1038527927309062144[/tweet]

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
If Pete didn’t start Earl, I’d question his coaching. A 3 time all-pro safety does not need football camp to be ready.

rcaido

Reaction score
Can you imagine if Austin Davis outplayed Russell Wilson...Same people would probably be complaining why Davis isn't starting because he out played "Wilson" preseason. Always compete :roll:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1zr1yzya said:

Did you miss his horrific preseason ? He’s not ready for prime time or even close to it.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1b0dzdwh said:
jlwaters1":1b0dzdwh said:

Did you miss his horrific preseason ? He’s not ready for prime time or even close to it.

It sucks because he's usually in position, has good instincts, but he's just not fast enough. I don't think Thompson was horrific; he was certainly better than Hill, for example. But the speed issue was exposed at times.

strohmin

Reaction score
Where was this backlash when Kam Chancellor held out and started immediately after returning or Marshawn Lynch?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1p7p20uh said:
Sports Hernia":1p7p20uh said:
jlwaters1":1p7p20uh said:

It sucks because he's usually in position, has good instincts, but he's just not fast enough. I don't think Thompson was horrific; he was certainly better than Hill, for example. But the speed issue was exposed at times.
Kelly Jennings 2.0 (the safety version)

Besides being able to tackle, speed is the most important thing for a free safety.
If he is truly just slow, then he was a wasted 4th round pick, and or he is playing the wrong position.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
RockinHawks":qkuealnn said:
I think there's a difference from Big Walt to Thomas, since Earl has two years left on his deal. Baldwin didn't play because of injury.

I love ET, he's one of my favorite players...I'm just talking about the message. Good hell, people on here were ready to jettison him for a 2nd round pick a few days ago...

I wasn't.

You're suggesting the team to lose to send a message. That's a debate we could have, I suppose, and there are those who are purist enough to desire losing for that purpose.

But rest assured...this team loses tomorrow without Earl Thomas. We were pressed for reliable talent before Dontae Johnson went down.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Earl could play one series in practice and get his starting spot back.

I'm worried about his conditioning.
Folks were saying he looked tight while working out.
Worried about a hammy issue again.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TheHawkster":m2tfju0z said:
Earl could play one series in practice and get his starting spot back.

He was in practice this week. The idea that somehow he wouldn't be absurdly better than anybody else at the position immediately is really low probability.

The most likely scenario is that he showed up and was clearly better than anybody else, therefore competed. And even if he didn't the previous assertion in this thread about his existing status would mean that anybody who was competing on the roster would have had to shown something on the order of being an all-pro, or at least clearly be playing at a pro bowl level.

Latest posts