Earl Thomas activated and expected to start

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm worried that he doesn't actually care about the team he plays for so why will he care tomorrow.

I let him play out this year than offer him a 1 year contract.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Earl blows a hammy by the 3rd quarter and is out for the next 3-4 weeks.

chris98251

Reaction score
Everyone was worried about a injury from lack of football conditioning with Kam and Lynch and said so, work outs are not the same, Earl had two days of practice and I would doubt they were full go between arriving and then the departing to Denver, he may move around well but that explosio0n to the ball and quick twitch muscle reaction I don't think was tested much.

We will see I guess, I would think Thompson had some issues last week and that Earl is a better option even not in football condition at this juncture.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Straight up opinion. You shouldn’t pull what Earl did and get the start. A dude has been there all camp long, working his ass off. He was the starter. I don’t care if it’s only one play and in comes Earl, but he deserves that start on his resume and Earl doesn’t. I say this knowing that Carroll said he would decide if Earl would play on Saturday. If you didn’t know right away if he would even play, you shouldn’t give him the start over the guy who’s been putting in the work for weeks. Just an opinion.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KARAVARUS":k2houvss said:
Straight up opinion. You shouldn’t pull what Earl did and get the start. A dude has been there all camp long, working his ass off. He was the starter. I don’t care if it’s only one play and in comes Earl, but he deserves that start on his resume and Earl doesn’t. I say this knowing that Carroll said he would decide if Earl would play on Saturday. If you didn’t know right away if he would even play, you shouldn’t give him the start over the guy who’s been putting in the work for weeks. Just an opinion.
No offense but........ oh boy!

His replacement T2 played horrible in the preseason.

This isn’t college.
Putting the best team on the field so you can increase your odds of winnning > than punishing a player because some feelings were hurt.

Life isn’t always “fair”. Sorry for the bluntness but it’s true.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Woof!!! Again, I'm just questioning the message. At no point did I say or insinuate that Earl isn't the best player in that secondary...nor did I state an opinion that the SHOULDN'T start. I questioned the 'always compete' message.

Earl is massively important to our team. He started this holdout rhetoric last year, hence the "two years" that I previously mentioned. That was a little misstated by me, as I understand this is his last year, and yes I understand the similarity of Walt's contract...but that situation was still different.

There's no need to attack me, or my love of the Seahawks. I thought we were all fans first. Apologies if you took me for a Rams fan or something.

I just think a light week of practice then jumping right into a starting gig doesn't necessarily wash the bad blood away from the situation, nor does it wash clean the feelings of some of his teammates.

I find it interesting, that's all...especially the way Bell's Steelers teammates are turning on him, rather than embracing his "business decision" to hold out. The bright side to that is that our players embrace and love Earl, while Pittsburgh's players seem to think he's a dick.

In the end, I love Earl Thomas, and if I were a coach I would start him any chance I got. But I also wouldn't waffle with the mantra I spewed, so that it wouldn't have the possibility of poisoning the water within the clubhouse.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
RockinHawks":2aeplxhb said:
Woof!!! Again, I'm just questioning the message. At no point did I say or insinuate that Earl isn't the best player in that secondary...nor did I state an opinion that the SHOULDN'T start. I questioned the 'always compete' message.

Earl is massively important to our team. He started this holdout rhetoric last year, hence the "two years" that I previously mentioned. That was a little misstated by me, as I understand this is his last year, and yes I understand the similarity of Walt's contract...but that situation was still different.

There's no need to attack me, or my love of the Seahawks. I thought we were all fans first. Apologies if you took me for a Rams fan or something.

I just think a light week of practice then jumping right into a starting gig doesn't necessarily wash the bad blood away from the situation, nor does it wash clean the feelings of some of his teammates.

I find it interesting, that's all...especially the way Bell's Steelers teammates are turning on him, rather than embracing his "business decision" to hold out. The bright side to that is that our players embrace and love Earl, while Pittsburgh's players seem to think he's a dick.

In the end, I love Earl Thomas, and if I were a coach I would start him any chance I got. But I also wouldn't waffle with the mantra I spewed, so that it wouldn't have the possibility of poisoning the water within the clubhouse.

Tenor

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
RockinHawks":pvy2wjye said:

Sorry if it came across like I was attacking. That wasn’t my intention. Some of the other posts lately (the snarky, negative ones by others) p’d me off, haha.

Even though we don’t like the holdout, the fact that Earl returned in time to play Week 1 should be commended. Earl’s teammates have stood by him, even before he ended his holdout, which is a lot different than the way Bell’s teammates are responding to him. That evidences the fact that Earl is well liked and a positive contributor in this locker room. Holding Earl out to send a message would only hurt the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Earl returned for 500.000 dollars period, God was on his side and he has to take care of his family remember. Sure his team mates know his value, but that was not why he showed up, waiving the fines was another incentive.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":1pzerei7 said:
Earl returned for 500.000 dollars period, God was on his side and he has to take care of his family remember. Sure his team mates know his value, but that was not why he showed up, waiving the fines was another incentive.

And Kam missed three games during his holdout and the team paid dearly for that. We are fortunate that cooler heads prevailed in this situation.

Earl’s decision was likely of combination of monetary factors and not wanting to hurt his team. He’s always shown a passion for winning, so I think it would be wrong to downplay that as a factor.

Latest posts