Earl Thomas--the best leader in the NFL?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Some commentator (ESPN, NFLN?) was mentioning how Kap had failed to throw to receivers who appeared open deep. All I could think of was, ummm, no they weren't...

vin.couve12

Reaction score
The whole theme of what ET is saying is about playing for each other. It's the fans who need a hierarchy established even to the point of bypassing the aforementioned theme of exactly what ET is saying. The team is playing the way it is because of the chemistry right now. Not because of Optimus Whicheverplayer. :lol:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Smellyman":a8pylwfk said:
seahawkfreak":a8pylwfk said:
For the Seahawks, he will replace many historic defensive players as a top, if not the top, Seahawks defensive hero (probably late 2020's,, early 2030's). Nothing against the 80's studs but I often tell people at the bar that ET is our best player on the team and they look at me in such disbelief ,,,, like I've committed sacrilege against my own team.

I thought everybody on earth knew he was the best FS in the league and quite possibly best player on the team.

You need to hang out with smarter people at the bar

I agree,lol. Common nfl fans away from Seattle only know guys like Wilson, Lynch, Sherman. I do appreciate how most media recognizes him though.

A

Anonymous

I think Kam is more respected by his teammates from a speak-softly-and-carry-a-big-stick leader way, Earl is going to be more of a motivational speaker with a brilliant mind and one who's knowledge and demeanor rallies the troops.

IIRC, it has been Earl that brings the example of mindset, preparation, knowing your opponent, etc., while Kam is going to make sure the correct attitude and mindset are followed.

To me, both of our safeties could easily take over, and have success, if the coaches left Varsity Blues style. Hard for me to talk about one without including the other.

kearly

Reaction score
I think the point Tical is making is that Earl is injecting energy into our team with his effort and passion. It's the same exact thing for Lynch, and the 12thman. When Seattle is playing their hardest, nobody's going to beat them, at least not without a ton of help from the stripes.

JesterHawk

Reaction score
We'll never replace Hasselbeck' s leadership. #rememberwhen