Earl Thomas to hold out until contract resolved

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I was part of all of that, and I’m very proud of it. And that’s one of the things about this that’s been very frustrating — this idea that I’m doing what I’m doing because I don’t want to play for Seattle anymore. That’s just not true, man. I love Seattle. But I’d hoped I wouldn’t even have to say that. I’d hoped that the way I’ve played for this team over the last eight years would tell you all you need to know.

I love Seattle.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... ks-holdout

The team has an interest in not paying players who are not playing. Of course, the player wants to make as many millions as he can, even if not playing. But don’t pretend you’re doing this for anyone but yourself.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2qiyzkz5 said:
SpokaneHawks":2qiyzkz5 said:
"I wish I was at a camp right now — and I’m talking right now. I’m ready. I’ve been preparing my body all off-season to be at an NFL camp.

All I want is to be out there playing. Instead I’m here working out … and waiting" Earl Thomas

LOL, uh, then why not show up? Hes starting to sound like a woman that says nothings wrong!

At an nfl camp but not seahawks camp...

Interesting.

"at a camp"
"at an NFL camp"

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":31dh2iwm said:
I was part of all of that, and I’m very proud of it. And that’s one of the things about this that’s been very frustrating — this idea that I’m doing what I’m doing because I don’t want to play for Seattle anymore. That’s just not true, man. I love Seattle. But I’d hoped I wouldn’t even have to say that. I’d hoped that the way I’ve played for this team over the last eight years would tell you all you need to know.

I love Seattle.

If Pete pays me what I dictated, I can pretend to love Seattle. With that my dawg, you can go woof somewhere else.

12s let’s move on, I know that I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kf3339

Reaction score
AgentDib":1u222hhh said:
Just remember that both teams and players use the public primarily as leverage in negotiation and so their statements should not really be taken at face value. Both sides say stupid stuff in order to move the goal posts.

I think Earl understands the position of the FO just fine, but he also knows that we have a gap at safety and Pete would really like to win this year. Earl's holdout hurts our chances to win and that creates a strong incentive for the FO to resolve the holdout either by trade or an extension.

I don't think the FO is going to just give in to Earl's demands due to concerns about precedents in future years, but it's a losing proposition for the team in either case and they could very well take less for him in a trade than they would otherwise.

If they were going to take less than otherwise, it would have already happened by now. Nope. They are making a point to every player on our team. ET must know it by now as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3swjuct2 said:

I love Seattle.

The team has an interest in not paying players who are not playing. Of course, the player wants to make as many millions as he can, even if not playing. But don’t pretend you’re doing this for anyone but yourself.

But it sounds selfless and amazing in your own head when you play the martyr card..............like you're different and not just like every other player who's at the end of their contract scratching and clawing for more money.

Sorry Earl, you're just like every other player, and that's fine I don't blame any player for getting as much money as they can with such a short career span.

But don't pretend you're something else.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I am not sure how this article benefits his actual situation? Other teams will read this too . . .

James in PA

Reaction score
Really getting tired of Earl’s antics now. Earl, just shut up. If you never play another down you are already financially set for life. Pay me or trade me? Do you think the Hawks haven’t been trying to trade you?? Problem is, nobody wants to give up anything of substance. This should tell you that perhaps you are overestimating your worth, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":36uwed3y said:
toffee":36uwed3y said:

I think toffee just stroked out.

Nah....that is Siri. She's going through menopause. :3-1:
(funny how that word manages to blame us too! LOL)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2gi09nnp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1025109239763677185[/tweet]

Oh there's something going on, Earl's about to lose over 500k and even more once his game checks start to disappear if he takes this into the regular season.

For a guy who wants more money, his bank account's going in the wrong direction.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1bq5e2e6 said:
“Pay me or trade me.”

NOPE.

Wait a sec, though. . . aren't we already paying him? :argue:

Hmmm. . .

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":2k65d6ya said:
hawknation2018":2k65d6ya said:
“Pay me or trade me.”

NOPE.

Wait a sec, though. . . aren't we already paying him? :argue:

Hmmm. . .

Not if he doesn’t come to work. Sucks how people have to show up for paychecks.

But yeah, if he shows up tomorrow, he would make $8.5 million more this year, and the Seahawks could choose to waive all his fines.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The most interesting part of his article was the fact that he thinks he took a pay cut when he was made the highest paid safety in the NFL at the time. The front office may need him to test free agency, or use the non-exclusive franchise tag that permits him to negotiate with other teams in addition to the Seahawks, so that he gains a better appreciation for his realistic market value.

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2xiro6uu said:
Not if he doesn’t come to work. Sucks how people have to show up for paychecks.

But yeah, if he shows up tomorrow, he would make $8.5 million more this year, and the Seahawks could choose to waive all his fines.

Can't happen unless ..... nah, no 12 will want that to happen.

Attachments

• earl god.gif
    earl god.gif
    60 KB · Views: 1,118

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The drama queen of Earl is starting to bore me
enough that I don't care what he says or does.
I hope we get a nice pick or two for him and
turn the page on his ugly ending.