Earl Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29if9l8z said:
Earl has earned the right to do whatever he wants off the field.

As long as he isn't beating innocent creatures/people, or committing serious crimes - he should get any # of free passes he wants.

Because yet again, the defense kept us in that game. The offense did near nothing.

So if you are on a defense like that, wouldn't you be tired of your team?

Especially when all the Alaska air commercials are going to be your QB and not your defense?
Where the hell was this "Defense that kept us in the game" for the last few games???, NOWHERE... that's where.
Wilson has pulled off some incredible plays to win games this year, while his Defense Brothers were having injury issues.......This IS a gotdamned TEAM sport.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Without the defense, this team is garbage.

Without Earl, the defense is worse.

So be careful, your need to soothe your fragile feelings will make it that much more difficult for the Seahawks to make the playoffs in the future.

Earl earned it. He gets to do and say whatever he wants.

Also, yes Wilson makes incredible plays in the 4th. But if he made average plays in the 1st through 3rd CONSISTENTLY, he wouldn't have to. Even if he had to shake off his OC.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Scorpion05":17kjtbmj said:
RolandDeschain":17kjtbmj said:
scutterhawk":17kjtbmj said:
TheLegendOfBoom":17kjtbmj said:
The Seahawks might have won this game but let's be realistic, they lost the team.

What are you talking about?!
"Realistic" is Fans that hock their hearts to buy your jersey, only to watch a classless asshole SHIT ON THE TEAM THAT PAYS YOUR GAMECHECKS.
Did Scutterhawk say something? All I see is:

Crying baby1

All I see is a response that doesn't directly, or logically breakdown why the critique of Earl is wrong

People have an issue with the professionalism of how he handled it. Can you name another player in recent NFL history that chased down another team's locker room after a victory and talked about joining them?

Is it wrong for fans to get mad? Some of whom literally budget to buy themselves(or their kid) an Earl Thomas jersey only for him to bash his team mate one week and publicly dismiss his own team the following week? In the midst of a playoff hunt?

The same team and coaches that helped you get your first ring and is paying you top dollar compared to other free safeties?

For once, I wish some reasonable discussions could take place on this forum. A lot of talking past each other. I completely get why people are upset with Earl. Seahawks fans were the same ones cheering on the team last week even when we were getting blown out. And making away games not seem as significant because of how well we travel
TRUTH^^

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2zbdtm9q said:
Without the defense, this team is garbage.

Without Earl, the defense is worse.

So be careful, your need to soothe your fragile feelings will make it that much more difficult for the Seahawks to make the playoffs in the future.

Earl earned it. He gets to do and say whatever he wants.

Also, yes Wilson makes incredible plays in the 4th. But if he made average plays in the 1st through 3rd CONSISTENTLY, he wouldn't have to. Even if he had to shake off his OC.

I don’t believe this for a second.

‘Protect the team’

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":vvs1fd1m said:
Scorpion05":vvs1fd1m said:
RolandDeschain":vvs1fd1m said:
scutterhawk":vvs1fd1m said:
WTF are you talking about?!
"Realistic" is Fans that hock their hearts to buy your jersey, only to watch a classless asshole SHIT ON THE TEAM THAT PAYS YOUR GAMECHECKS.
Did Scutterhawk say something? All I see is:

Crying baby1

All I see is a response that doesn't directly, or logically breakdown why the critique of Earl is wrong

People have an issue with the professionalism of how he handled it. Can you name another player in recent NFL history that chased down another team's locker room after a victory and talked about joining them?

Is it wrong for fans to get mad? Some of whom literally budget to buy themselves(or their kid) an Earl Thomas jersey only for him to bash his team mate one week and publicly dismiss his own team the following week? In the midst of a playoff hunt?

The same team and coaches that helped you get your first ring and is paying you top dollar compared to other free safeties?

For once, I wish some reasonable discussions could take place on this forum. A lot of talking past each other. I completely get why people are upset with Earl. Seahawks fans were the same ones cheering on the team last week even when we were getting blown out. And making away games not seem as significant because of how well we travel

I think you're missing the point. Scutterhawk had a silly meltdown. The frequency of said meltdowns is indicative of the devolving level of discourse you speak of.

I understand why fans are upset. I disagree, sure, but valid points have been made.

He's not "critiquing" Earl, he's basically having a temper tantrum and quite literally calling him an asshole.

If that's the type of discourse you're looking to defend, I'd like to direct you to twitter comments on a bleacher report article.
Because I saw a SECOND asshole move being made by Earl....Love the guys exceptional play, don't love his PUBLIC display of consternation.
Bobby Wagner was ready to move on from a SILLY argument, ET, not so much...It's only over when Earl says it's over.
Some day I hope that all the players end up playing for their Dream Teams, but what Earl did yesterday was classless.

Aw Mang

Reaction score
what Earl did yesterday was classless.

Exactly. Great player and all of that good stuffs, but how can anybody defend that stunt that he pulled yesterday and then backpedaling a bit in his comments after? Great player but a flawed character, just like everybody else and their mothers(the flawed character part [emoji16])

Emotion aside, it’s time to trade him since he doesn’t want to be here anymore. Trade while he still has some values. Don’t wait until the “kick to the curbs “ part!!

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawknation2017":3e9rlr7j said:
Cyrus12":3e9rlr7j said:
Not an issue according to some here....first I've seen an athlete do something like this in any sport...wonder how his teammates like what he Did?? Maybe more Twitter war on the way...

Bobby Wagner was in the wrong for the way he responded to Earl's comment. Wagner apologized and that was squashed.

I see Sherman on twitter defending the players against unwarranted criticism from the supposed "fans."

Earl Thomas says he wants to remain a Seahawk. That's good enough for me.

Agree. If he said he didn't mean anything by it then we should take his word. If you can choose between believing him or not believing him why not take the positive side. Live and let live.

Status
Not open for further replies.