Earl Thomas

hawknation2018

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, PFF gave Earl Thomas the highest grade for a safety in the NFL.

SAFETY
Earl Thomas, Seattle Seahawks – 93.3
If it was ever in doubt, Thomas’ importance to the Seahawks defense was on display early in their loss to the Broncos, with the free safety snagging an interception. He also didn’t allow a single reception on plays where he was the primary coverage defender, sealing an impressive return to the field, even if it was in a losing effort.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... -week-2018

zetes

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2kkh04md said:
Earl could make 20 INT's this year and he's not going to get paid what he wants because he's already shown his hand to the rest of the league. He's a me guy not a team guy and that's also going to deter alot of people from signing him.
:sarcasm_on: Oh yeah, there has NEVER been a super star in the league that has been a ME guy before! :sarcasm_off:

Z.

zetes

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1aruvr34 said:
Trade his ass...we should all be saying that by now

Pardon me for not saying that beacuse:
(1) He is still a possible ALL-Pro
(2) He is a possible Hall of Famer.
(3) He makes the Secondary twice as good with him.
(4) We have no replacement for him
(5) We can Franchise him and keep him for another year
(6) I don't care if he wants to be here as long as he plays like yesterday.

Z.

zetes

Reaction score
hawk45":3vbkniwi said:
An earl and mcdougald combo looks pretty good.

We need better LB okay, RCB play, and a pass rush. I shudder to think of what this game looks like without our 2 good safeties.

:ditto:

z.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2hmkgawc said:
Trade him. With, or without him our secondary was still being shredded by Keenum.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1038927741859647499[/tweet]

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2nl6jiw7 said:
Spin Doctor":2nl6jiw7 said:
Trade him. With, or without him our secondary was still being shredded by Keenum.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/1038927741859647499[/tweet]
Didn't notice they took him out so much, I still don't believe the guy is worth paying though. He has caused a lot of drama, and is starting the back end of his career. How much longer will he realistically justify such an Eric Berry type of contract? I just don't think it is a smart move to pay the guy what he wants. I think it is time we moved on from Earl given his age, and what he is going to be asking for.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The Patriots signed FS Devin McCourty to a five-year deal in 2015 that made him the highest paid safety at age 28.

A four-year deal for Earl Thomas at age 29 makes sense.

It’s an important position that is generally underpaid. The average salary hasn’t risen much in the last couple years. Signing a top player at that position means we are getting a lot of value.

A four-year deal for around $13.5 million APY would be awesome. The age argument should be enough not to go much higher than that.

Latest posts