Time to sign Earl Thomas

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2iw067c0 said:
Ignoring the scorned spouse argument for the present, let's ask if Earl would even bring anything to the table for us.

Earl was great at a couple of things. Instinctual freewheeling and the speed to make plays, and recover when his instincts led him astray. He was terrible at scheme, and disciplined play, which got him canned at Baltimore.

The LOB was complementary. One of those things where the total product is greater than the sum of its parts. Earl elevated Sherman and Browner, and to some extent Kam, and those players elevated him.

But Earl needed guidance from a player he respected to keep his head in the game. He needed a Kam to keep him focused. He doesn't have respect for, nor does he listen to, the coaches in the way he did Chancellor.

Now, between the injuries and the age, he doesn't have that same speed to make plays, and more critically to get back into position when his instincts lead him astray. He still wants to do his own thing, despite the scheme and play call dictating he do something different.

He is a liability now, not an asset. He needs to get his head on straight, grow up, and humble himself. I think that is a task too big for Thomas.

In a perfect world, a Kam would take him under his wing, and become a redeeming father figure to him. We don't live in a perfect world.

I loved Thomas. I have his jersey hanging in my closet. But his head outgrew his body, and it's not easy for a man like that to do the things that are necessary to get back in the game.

What does it tell you when the players on his team apparently let the coaches know that they wanted him gone? What does it tell you that, as far as I can find, he hasn't even been brought in for a visit by any of the 31 other teams? Even the Browns, with cap space galore, and a glaring hole at his position, aren't interested.

We are better off without him, even if we completely ignore the history of his departure.

Well stated. Of course, my "Good gawd no." was more succinct.

Palpitation

Reaction score
Nunya":b2flnlbx said:
reddmmann":b2flnlbx said:
Falcons......450 passing yards
Patriots......400 passing yards
Cowboys....470 passing yards

The team with the worst passing defense in the NFL......the Seattle Seahawks

If not Earl Thomas, then what???? who????

Falcons = Seahawk win
Patriots = Seahawk win
Cowboys = Seahawk win

Statistics do not determine the winners.

Well, 1 stat does...but I get where you're going.

Baltimore is a well run organization and let him go. The hawks are a well run organization and let him walk. I loved the guy before he put himself in front of the team, but at this point he's the 20's incarnate of Terrell Owens.

Enjoy Houston Earl.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
If they were to bring in a safety that was once a Seahawk, I’d prefer Kenny Easley at this point over Earl. So basically it’s a no for me dawg.

zchurch74

Reaction score
Where the hell would he play on the field? We can’t sign him for a couple weeks and then bench him or cut him. No way. There are already fires all over the NW. Don’t need any more

Vesuve

Reaction score
Palpitation":n6kry1ec said:
Nunya":n6kry1ec said:
reddmmann":n6kry1ec said:
Statistics do not determine the winners.

Baltimore is a well run organization and let him go. The hawks are a well run organization and let him walk. I loved the guy before he put himself in front of the team, but at this point he's the 20's incarnate of Terrell Owens.

Enjoy Houston Earl.

He's a cancer now....and was before.

Not worth it.

He can cause problems at Texas.

RCATES

Reaction score
Its funny how Cowboy's fans are still holding out hope that Earl goes there and he changes that Defense. Earl is washed. Nothing left to say really. If he was still good Baltimore would have delt with his issues and kept him. Once his skillset declined no one is dealing with that mess.

nwHawk

Reaction score
He's done. Sad, but true. True warrior, but might have a screw loose.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
It's like others have said. His talent may have overshadowed his general bad attitude and crazy side. You're so in awe of his ability that you forgave or ignored the bad aspects, but as the talent goes down due to age, injury, or other factors then you begin to notice the nasty traits he has probably always had.

Earl 2009 - 2014
Talent: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Attitude:|||||||||||||

Earl 2015 - 2017
Talent: ||||||||||||||||||||||||
Attitude:||||||||||||||||

Earl 2018 - Present
Talent: |||||||||||||||
Attitude:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":1xyx30xn said:
It's like others have said. His talent may have overshadowed his general bad attitude and crazy side. You're so in awe of his ability that you forgave or ignored the bad aspects, but as the talent goes down due to age, injury, or other factors then you begin to notice the nasty traits he has probably always had.

Earl 2009 - 2014
Talent: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Attitude:|||||||||||||

Earl 2015 - 2017
Talent: ||||||||||||||||||||||||
Attitude:||||||||||||||||

Earl 2018 - Present
Talent: |||||||||||||||
Attitude:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Perfectly presented.

Earl is not unique, there have been MANY players that have come before him that were super talented, but got to the point where their talent no longer surpassed their nonsense, and teams stopped signing them.

Ocho Cinco and Terrell Owens just to name a couple, and Antonio Brown is the new poster boy for this.....and Earl.

We've had versions of this here when we stopped taking Bennett's and Sherman's negative nonsense, and they were gone. That's the thing some of these ego-centric players don't understand, they think they're going to be amazing forever so teams have to put up with them. They don't, everyone's expendable eventually.

PNW

Reaction score
Wow y’all are hilarious!!! No not in a million years. We won a huge playoff game and what does he do? “Come get me.” Did you not read the issues he had in Bal?? He basically tried to sabotage himself and that playoff caliber team. Missing meetings to wash his car, free lancing and not in position, fighting with teammates, not watching film, falling asleep during meetings, he literally admitted to coasting on the big Nick Chubbs TD saying he didn’t wanna pull a hamstring and then yelled at a veteran DT for being injured and not playing. You guys must just think you’re playing madden out here. Luckily John won’t entertain this suggestion.

HHawk121

Reaction score
Not to be a contrarian to the majority, but I'd imagine Earl is feeling pretty humbled right about now. If ever Pete excelled at something, it is resurrecting troublemakers into team players. Not sure how the locker room relationships are with Earl, but if the core, KJ, Bobby, and Shaq are good with him, he'd, even after losing a few steps, be pretty interesting 1-2 with Jamal... kind of hints of Earl and Kam of old.

My opinion is worthless, but I wouldn't at all be bothered if, barring any bad blood, he were to come in for a tryout and compete...