Time to sign Earl Thomas

uncle fester

Reaction score
To each their own character opinions here. The logistics are the heart of the question posed by the OP.

I don’t see how Earl would fit the current setup, with Diggs set at Free Safety.

- Earl’s game as a Seahawk was built on speed and immediate recovery time if/when he made a coverage mistake. It’s widely accepted that Earl’s lost a step in pace, so the coaches would be presented with a now-limited player skill set.

- Earl is also not going to suddenly be able to play nickel or any other fill-in role. That wouldn’t be a reason the team would potentially sign him anyway.

- Added to that; Earl hasn’t been in any team facility since August so his conditioning will have been affected.

The secondary is already getting burned over the top. Swapping out Diggs for Earl would probably exacerbate the issue.

CPHawk

Reaction score
The Cardinals just signed TJ Ward, a guy who hasn't played in 3 years. Instead of signing Earl.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
He would never play for the Seahawks again even if Seattle did want him.

PNW

Reaction score
It’s more than just character opinions, these character issues are factual. Ravens took a huge hit cutting him, they didn’t hesitate though, the idea of him coming back to Seattle would mean his many factual issues are ignored. While we’re at it let’s all get back together with a horrible ex!

chet380

Reaction score
Not needed at safety except as a backup -- check him out covering Lockett and see if he has any coverage chops left -- nothing to lose, a big gain if it works out.

PNW

Reaction score
chet380":3ntaaa39 said:
Not needed at safety except as a backup -- check him out covering Lockett and see if he has any coverage chops left -- nothing to lose, a big gain if it works out.
Nothing to lose accept the locker room chemistry on a 4-0 team. I’m sure you’d want a dead weight bad attitude co worker at your job tomorrow. You guys must be trolling, this is one of the worst suggestions I’ve heard so far this year

PNW

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2t6xthmv said:
I'd rather sign Cary Williams or Charlie Whitehurst to play safety.
TRUTH!!!!

godawg

Reaction score
I wonder if Earl will get voted into the HOF given the affect his attitude has had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PNW

Reaction score
godawg":otpenxw1 said:
I wonder if Earl will get voted into the HOF given the affect his attitude has had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say yes, 7 probowls and part of the legendary LOB

toffee

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":229tclv7 said:
He would never play for the Seahawks again even if Seattle did want him.
Orgies are expensive, he got hungry children to feed too. In a month, he will lick Pete's toes for paycheck.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Latest posts