EPL 2014-15 Season

Hawkspur

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2dxvjs4i said:
So what, do we have Louis time now? 4 minutes of added time has now been 5 minutes and counting.

Still, United are just the same as last year. Herrerra looks crap, IMO. United had the bulk of the possession, but no killer instinct. Rooney will pop up with the occasional miracle, but that's about the best they can hope for. They'll join the fight for 5th with a few other teams, but they're probably 5 players away from competing for 4th.

Swansea were good value for the win today, I thought. Hard luck, United fans.

Exciting mid-table clash.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Disappointed Pulis has left but not to surprised, the only thing that bugs me is the timing. There has been money to spend but not much has happened on the transfer front. Despite all that happening I thought Palace done a good job at Arsenal and frustrated them for long periods.

The rumour I have seen this morning is that Steve Clarke is set to take over, not sure what I think of that to be honest!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":130uw2am said:
They were better than Arsenal at the end of the year. Not for a week but three months. Took points from big teams consistently. Not a stretch at all.

Palace only won 6 of their last 15 games and got 22 points out of a possible 45. Arsenal won 8 and took 27 points over the same number of games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2qze5e6y said:
Uncle Si":2qze5e6y said:
They were better than Arsenal at the end of the year. Not for a week but three months. Took points from big teams consistently. Not a stretch at all.

Palace only won 6 of their last 15 games and got 22 points out of a possible 45. Arsenal won 8 and took 27 points over the same number of games.

Simple statistics tend to get in the way of memory..Palace seemed world beaters at the end but Arsenal did recover from that difficult run in

Either way thought Palace good enough in last year to take a point. Losing Pulis may signal their demise.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Lucky to get 3...

Woulda been lucky to get one. Fair play to the Saints. Deserved better

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
No real shocks or surprises so far. No-one has looked particularly impressive but it is stiil early in the season in what was a World Cup year.

Smurf

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3l2xah21 said:
So what, do we have Louis time now? 4 minutes of added time has now been 5 minutes and counting.

Still, United are just the same as last year. Herrerra looks crap, IMO. United had the bulk of the possession, but no killer instinct. Rooney will pop up with the occasional miracle, but that's about the best they can hope for. They'll join the fight for 5th with a few other teams, but they're probably 5 players away from competing for 4th.

It's been ONE game...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":2ca1azqk said:
peachesenregalia":2ca1azqk said:

It's been ONE game...

Clearly meant everything.... Or nothing.... Or something in between

But had they followed Rooney's goal with another two and taken the three points you can imagine the reverberations

I'm with UK...more questions asked than answered across the board

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3vu6lf19 said:
Burnley not lying down. Scored on Chelsea early, now Chelsea are 2-1 up thanks to Costa and Schurrle.

Chelsea have to be favorites this year, although anything can happen. Costa is going to be mega for them, I reckon.

they have that same feel about them from Mou's last Chelsea era....

MB12

Reaction score
Despite the result, I really liked the look of my team (Newcastle). The new signings all seemed to add quality to the side.

Colback was excellent in partnering Anita in the base of the 4-2-3-1. He was postionally outstanding, and I feel he deserved man of the match.

Cabella was really exciting, and was beating some top defenders with wonderful skills. We seem to have a lot more pace and trickery in the final third now, and when creator-in-chief de Jong returns we should really start to score a lot of goals.

Janmaat was so solid in his debut, and defensively speaking looked an upgrade over Debuchy.

Riviere looked very nervy, but his strength (outmuscled Yaya and Kompany on more than one occasion) and pace is made for the Premier League.

Perez looked very bright when he came one, and he almost became a hero.

I would like us to play Haidara over the hesitant and technically inferior Dummet.

I am looking forward to seeing our loan signing, Facundo Ferreyra, play for the first team. He scored for the reserves

Rolando Aarons looked a terror when he came on, it's nice to see a youth product play well. Obertan even looked like a footballer :-o

MB12

Reaction score
SeatownJay":1jw13p7w said:
Okay, after watching the first half of QPR v Hull I've made a decision. Remy is no longer for sale, he's way too useful.
I think it was more Remy wanting to play for a better quality side?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Feel like a new manager would do wonders for Newcastle. Agree with you, very encouraging despite the loss. Pardew just embodies that inconsistency that seems to plague that group
Theyve got very good players. Good manager could really do something there I think.

MB12

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ex6k2mq said:
Feel like a new manager would do wonders for Newcastle. Agree with you, very encouraging despite the loss. Pardew just embodies that inconsistency that seems to plague that group
Theyve got very good players. Good manager could really do something there I think.
Yes, I would love a manager who actually could speak, and also has a bit of tactical nous. I don't see Pardew being sacked unless we are relegated. There is a reason he was given a 8 year deal. Either Ashley thought he could get a lot of compensation if a team was to poach him, or he is very happy with Pardew's role as puppet.

There is also a conspiracy theory that Pardew has gambling debts to Ashley, and that the 8 year deal is Pardew's way of paying them back to Ashley--with Pardew being paid very little. I'm not sure whether that theory is feasible, but it is a rumour I have heard numerous times from all sorts of people.

Notice how our bright-looking signings now will be 'Pardewed', looking worse than they did initially. (Happened with Cisse, Ba, Sissoko etc.) Pulis would be an upgrade, but there is no way he would get on with the frugal Ashley--an owner who doesn't spend before he has sold. Pulis' net spend at Stoke was ridiculous...

MB12

Reaction score
On the Chelsea performance, albeit against a Championship-quality side, their team looked the most cohesive and brutal. There was the perfect mix of power and guile, and Fabregas seems to be the final creative piece they needed. If any team were to go unbeaten, it would be them in my opinion.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Mackay will not be the new Crystal Palace manager according to Sky Sports. The Mirror's John Cross is saying that it's a result of that poor excuse of an owner Vincent Tan submitting a complaint questioning Malky's conduct at Cardiff.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3sifrqv4 said:
Mackay will not be the new Crystal Palace manager according to Sky Sports. The Mirror's John Cross is saying that it's a result of that poor excuse of an owner Vincent Tan submitting a complaint questioning Malky's conduct at Cardiff.

Some nasty stuff being alleged there....

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":16vwiw8f said:
Uncle Si":16vwiw8f said:
Gatehawk":16vwiw8f said:

Some nasty stuff being alleged there....

The whole thing's a mess. Now their Sporting Director has resigned (Palace's). Crazy stuff going on over there. Feel for the fans.

well they may have dodged a bullet to be honest. Sounds as if Mackay and his cohort are nothing but racist, sexists idiots. Tan even hired private investigators to complile information.

Palace deserve better, as do Cardiff. FA needs to step in (wait, does that help?)

Smurf

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2x60cso3 said:
Ander Herrera now injured in training, Fellaini injured, Carrick, Wellbeck, Evans, Shaw....what's going on at United these days?

Also, Rojo doesn't have a work permit yet, so he's not eligible to play this weekend. SO that means neither of the three summer signings will be playing against Sunderland. Cats to win 2-0, and United fans will continue their meltdown. Mid-table team now. Sorry Smurf (I'm not). I kid. I don't. I do.

(I don't)

:thirishdrinkers:
Its just going to be that much sweeter when we win the title......