EPL 2014-15 Season

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Smurf":2ij5e8gr said:
peachesenregalia":2ij5e8gr said:
Ander Herrera now injured in training, Fellaini injured, Carrick, Wellbeck, Evans, Shaw....what's going on at United these days?

Also, Rojo doesn't have a work permit yet, so he's not eligible to play this weekend. SO that means neither of the three summer signings will be playing against Sunderland. Cats to win 2-0, and United fans will continue their meltdown. Mid-table team now. Sorry Smurf (I'm not). I kid. I don't. I do.

(I don't)

:thirishdrinkers:
Its just going to be that much sweeter when we win the title......

In 2019

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":mw0w6iyi said:
Great game at Goodison

Fun watch that..

Giroud's haters are eating humble pie at the moment. Him coming on changed everything for the Gunners. No doubt a tale of 2 halves.

uk seahawk

Reaction score
giroud is a good player but we need a striker with pace..wenger keeps playing players out of position and then changing things around..the players look lost..no podolski is off we need to get a striker and dm..my money on chelski this year..they look good and hv fabrigas

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":rjhzkq1r said:
Uncle Si":rjhzkq1r said:
Great game at Goodison

Fun watch that..

Giroud's haters are eating humble pie at the moment. Him coming on changed everything for the Gunners. No doubt a tale of 2 halves.

Easy there....he was under wraps until the final touch. I wouldn't say he "changed everything" or anything close to that. Everton lost the plot...second game in a row.

As UK said (welcome by the way) Girouds a decent striker. Good poacher. But he cant beat anyone off the dribble and his hold up play is average. Gosl scorer though. but if Arsenal want more than 4th they'll need a new one...and probably a better one.

Good character shown by Arsenal after getting run for 80 minutes. But poor by Everton.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":344km2xw said:
Gatehawk":344km2xw said:
Uncle Si":344km2xw said:
Great game at Goodison

Fun watch that..

Easy there....he was under wraps until the final touch. I wouldn't say he "changed everything" or anything close to that. Everton lost the plot...second game in a row.

As UK said (welcome by the way) Girouds a decent striker. Good poacher. But he cant beat anyone off the dribble and his hold up play is average. Gosl scorer though. but if Arsenal want more than 4th they'll need a new one...and probably a better one.

Good character shown by Arsenal after getting run for 80 minutes. But poor by Everton.

Not what I meant exactly. During the first half Arsenal looked lost around the 18 yard box, almost frightened to get the ball in there. A lot of the passes were on the ground and Everton were never truly threatened by any attack by Arsenal. From the second Giroud stepped on the field the mentality of the other players. They finally started getting the ball in the air, crossing the ball in the box more and started to become more fluid in their passing than they were in the 1st half. Arsenal didn't truly pull back into the game though until Cazorla came on and Joel Campbell made his EPL debut. It's a good result when you remember that Arsenal were coming off a difficult midweek fixture in Turkey, on top of the fact that this was one of those away games that Arsenal were embarrassed in last season.

Unfortunately, it seems Giroud picked up an ankle injury at the end of the game(took a clearance right off his ankle) and if he is gonna end up missing any significant times, it could force a search for another striker to become a much higher priority.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Lovely day for United....pushed for a point vs Sunderland, paying Suarez money for an outside mid..

Slow motion train wreck at the moment

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ofutzbhk said:
Lovely day for United....pushed for a point vs Sunderland, paying Suarez money for an outside mid..

Slow motion train wreck at the moment

WE GOT A POINT!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Run right out of the building here...

better team the first half... not within a few yards in the second.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Wow, finally Liverpool have a goal, and it almost wasn't given if not for Goal Line Technology.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1iiatvo0 said:
Wow, finally Liverpool have a goal, and it almost wasn't given if not for Goal Line Technology.

well not quite almost... but lovely technology that.. (great save by Hart as well)

On rewatch, the result is more disappointing than anything. the scoreline a bit inflated. Defensive miscues led to the three goals, but the effort wasnt poor overall. Credit to City for taking advantage of poor Liverpool defending in the moments they were napping. the second goal was a beauty. 1st and 3rd were just juvenile mistakes, and hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Marko, Can and Lambert all had nice matches off the bench, with Marko looking especially bright. Moreno is a very good player, just made a bad error (complacency at the Etihad is a hard lesson learned) but got forward and created two very good chances in the 2nd half.

One of those games were a break or two go the other way and its a bit different. But again, City are a class amongst themselves (maybe Chelsea are there), so this is more of a "Liverpool werent TERRIBLE.... but need to be better" post than "we were just unlucky".

Already over it and excited for Spurs and Balo's debut.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":72hw1bch said:
Giroud out 3 months?!

Wow... they will be scrambling (if they werent already) for a striker.

I imagine Eto is first on that list.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1gg0hvc7 said:
Smurf":1gg0hvc7 said:
Giroud out 3 months?!

They reactive the lead for Rémy.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":24uoktbk said:
Uncle Si":24uoktbk said:
Smurf":24uoktbk said:
Giroud out 3 months?!

they want to replace an injureed striker with a guy who failed his medical?

Arsenal's a bit smarter than that. I can see him going there, but there's something obviously up with him. QPR cant seem to get rid of him fast enough, and noone seems to be sprinting to get him.

Guess Eto'o landed at Everton.

Smurf

Reaction score
United needs to buy all the players.

Down 3-0 to MK Dons in the Capitol One Cup.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":hjzka5qo said:
Nog":hjzka5qo said:
Uncle Si":hjzka5qo said:
Smurf":hjzka5qo said:
Giroud out 3 months?!

they want to replace an injureed striker with a guy who failed his medical?

Arsenal's a bit smarter than that. I can see him going there, but there's something obviously up with him. QPR cant seem to get rid of him fast enough, and noone seems to be sprinting to get him.

Guess Eto'o landed at Everton.
When Rémy was playing for Nice many people compared him with Thierry Henry. I can see where is it is coming from. Physically, he has all of the asset that makes him comparable. And I think Wenger knows how to improve this type of players.

Otherwise, there is Anthony Martial who Monaco aren't against to sell. Martial is full of talent (better than Lacazette IMO ;) )