EPL 2014-15 Season

Seabhac

Reaction score
How does that work ? Six Million for a player you've loaned out?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/andpscott/status/545980331627929601[/tweet]

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":2l04g6nf said:
How does that work ? Six Million for a player you've loaned out?

[tweet]https://twitter.com/andpscott/status/545980331627929601[/tweet]

All loan deals have fees attached for ending them early. but 6 mill is steep. Lille agreed to it because they really didnt want to let the kid go to begin with.

i guess thats cheaper than ponying up 15-20 for another striker. point is, we are desperate for goals. still think we're sweeping ice off the deck of the Titanic, but whatever i guess. team has holes, and need to climb the table quickly. if this gives them some flexibility to find a: GK, Holding mid, attacking winger, centerback, right back, (new manager, trainer, 3 depth players and partridge in a f---ing peartree) than on we go

I imagine that 6 mill is coming from the off loading of Borini, who surely must realize its time to go now. i see it as a one for one.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":hmsmst0b said:
Its a valid comparison, in a sense. The thing with Belichick is that SpyGate for the most part is considered kind of a joke. More like espionage ("oh, we're playing spies now") than cheating. But when he does retire, it will be brought up.

Cheaters suck. But Henry will be lauded by Arsenal fans (because they will f---ing celebrate anything Arsenal regardless of what it actually means) and the rest of us will remember him for being pretty damned good and a guy who screwed over Ireland, too.

you can have both in sports. I'd argue as a fan you better be willing to take the bad with the good or there is no point in supporting anything. (as a Liverpool fan, this is the only way to survive it.. and i know many of our UK brethren on here will quickly jump to the self induced victimization of that particular fan base, but I feel all of England does that anyways. so there)
Agreed. I'm not even a fan of Henry. Just feeling not right the way that people are still blaming him. However, knowing the football's universe a bit, I'm pretty sure that no one will bring this up (at least not on NFL.com or ESPN).

Nog

Reaction score
Seabhac":88nbqspc said:
No .... he was not pounded because he is French. He was pounded because he cheated.

He's admitted it himself. Don't know why you are trying to defend him.
We are not talking about all the other cheaters in sports - just Henry. Not the Patriots / not other dubious calls from the same qualifying group. We are talking about Henry's crime in a "winner takes it all match" that destroyed the hopes of one nation and totally embarrassed another (to the point that their World Cup was a shambles)

My point in posting the tweets were:

1: Henry Just got a job at Sky Sports being paid more than Carragher and Neville (who are brilliant BTW )
2: Sky just done a special on Henry's career and the failed to mention "le hand of God"
3: Many of Skys viewers are Irish and they haven't forgotten - thus the outpouring

The English media always reference "the Hand of God" whenever Maradonas name comes up - despite the fact that in the same game Maradona was at his sublime best and Argentina were going to win that game anyway.

Two standards that's all.

On a personal note Le Hand of God cost me a trip to the South Africa World Cup , but saved me about $10,000 - that over the years I have been able to invest in Stubhub on Seahawks games. Ill wind that blows no good.
Ok I got your points. I'm not really trying to defend Henry for his handball... Again, He cheated. Plus, his attitude at the end of game was pathetic.

But there are many cheaters in sports. That was why I made this analogy with Belichick. IMO, People tend to remember the goods from someone. However, I understand Irish people (including you) still holds grudge :) And yes, Sky Sports should have mentioned the handball.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Nog":2mydndz7 said:
Ok I got your points. I'm not really trying to defend Henry for his handball... Again, He cheated. Plus, his attitude at the end of game was pathetic.

But there are many cheaters in sports. That was why I made this analogy with Belichick. IMO, People tend to remember the goods from someone. However, I understand Irish people (including you) still holds grudge :) And yes, Sky Sports should have mentioned the handball.

Some people will always hold onto grudges. I'm guilty of this myself, I still despise the referees from the Fail Mary game.

Storts

Reaction score
Harry Kane is probably the greatest player in world football

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2gp46ql1 said:
Nog":2gp46ql1 said:

Some people will always hold onto grudges. I'm guilty of this myself, I still despise the referees from the Fail Mary game.

I knew you weren't a Hawks fan.

MB12

Reaction score
No talk about the Tyne-Wear derby?

HOWAY THE LADS!

If we lose this (4th loss in a row to Sunderland) then my Christmas will be awful (even if the Hawks beat the Cards as is expected)

Hawkspur

Reaction score
What moves would you guys like to see in this window?

I don't think I need to see too much activity at the Lane, although in an ideal (and at least theoretically possible) world I would like to see Schneiderlin and Benteke come in and Paulinho, Dembele, Capoue, Chiriches or Kaboul and, if we somehow ended up with Benteke, Adebayor leave.

I'm pretty happy with the way that the young players are shaping up (Kane, Eriksen, Mason, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Davies, Chadli and Lamela are all in or around our strongest side). It's great to have Walker back and it'll be interesting tosee how Yedlin develops.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Would've preferred three points but no denying we are playing much better

I don't know about the "winter" window given that not much happens but we need a playmaking striker that will play off Balo or Studge, a keeper and Gerrards replacement.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Jawohl Oberführer Rogers
[youtube]1n6smZRe20k[/youtube]

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I really, really, really hope QPR look to get faster players this transfer window. They've got to be the slowest team in the EPL.

Blueboy

Reaction score
So glad Warncok has been shown the door, god awful manager!

And so we move on with Alan Pardew, just hope we survive!

Latest posts