EPL 2014-15 Season

Nog

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2jo900eo said:
Welbeck looks better than Balotelli on current form. Mario didnt look that bothered at all.

Liverpool looked really poor, like a random collection of individuals just cobbled together.
While I was claiming that Balotelli is overrated, nobody really paid attention. Besides of being a distraction, he is not a great player. He just made a wonderful ride at European Cup in 2012. That was his only moments of greatness.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":8uos6w4b said:
Welbeck looks better than Balotelli on current form. Mario didnt look that bothered at all.

Liverpool looked really poor, like a random collection of individuals just cobbled together.

Seem the same to me...(on the "current form" of 4 and two games...christ)...wasteful in front of goal..

As for Liverpool, 3 players started for the first time today... So yes, it was a collection of players who haven't played much together...its 4 games
But yeah. Strong statement again. Hyperbole is a fixture...

Poor team choice by Rodgers. Sterling should've started. Lesson learned.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":35bkcs3w said:
UK_Seahawk":35bkcs3w said:

While I was claiming that Balotelli is overrated, nobody really paid attention. Besides of being a distraction, he is not a great player. He just made a wonderful ride at European Cup in 2012. That was his only moments of greatness.

Overrated by whom? Distraction to whom? Find former teammates that've talked bad about him...not easy.

He's a pretty damned good player. Don't be silly. He's not world class...he is what Liverpool bought for 16 million

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Liverpool miss Suarez big time. Was always going to be hard replacing a world class player like him.

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1mlp18mj said:
Nog":1mlp18mj said:
UK_Seahawk":1mlp18mj said:

Overrated by whom? Distraction to whom? Find former teammates that've talked bad about him...not easy.

He's a pretty damned good player. Don't be silly. He's not world class...he is what Liverpool bought for 16 million
People in Italy used to see him as the next Del Piero. I don't think he is a bad dude. I just said he is a distraction for teams that he plays for.

IMO, he has a great potential, but he doesn't capitalize it. I remember words from Eto'o saying to Hazard that Ronaldinho was potentially the greatest soccer player ever, but his lack of training didn't lead him there. Feel like the same for Balotelli.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":35p5cdu6 said:
Liverpool miss Suarez big time. Was always going to be hard replacing a world class player like him.

Granted. He's world class....but think maybe every time they struggle people are going to point to the same thing... Yet they were desperate against Villa last year with Suarez

It's 4 games...they're +4 from same fixtures last year...with Suarez.

Suarez is gone....they missed Sturridge today. He's no Loic Remy, but he's the key for them

Hawkspur

Reaction score
I only saw the Spurs match so can only comment on that. We looked good. Sunderland were fortunate to get the draw. Spurs looked good moving tge ball and pressuring the ball carrier but weren't quite clinical enough in the final third. Lamela looks really good and will surely improve as he works out how to cope with the physical nature of the league. Adebayor generally played really well but needed to get shots off more quickly as he was taking an extra touch and getting swamped by defenders. I'm confident we'll finish 5th or 6th and be in good shape to push on next year.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3past35q said:
Glasgow Seahawk":3past35q said:

Granted. He's world class....but think maybe every time they struggle people are going to point to the same thing... Yet they were desperate against Villa last year with Suarez

It's 4 games...they're +4 from same fixtures last year...with Suarez.

Suarez is gone....they missed Sturridge today. He's no Loic Remy, but he's the key for them

You always get so defensive when Liverpool lose, it's laughable. Gonna have to get used to it this season though.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkspur":1rzj9wuj said:
I only saw the Spurs match so can only comment on that. We looked good. Sunderland were fortunate to get the draw. Spurs looked good moving tge ball and pressuring the ball carrier but weren't quite clinical enough in the final third. Lamela looks really good and will surely improve as he works out how to cope with the physical nature of the league. Adebayor generally played really well but needed to get shots off more quickly as he was taking an extra touch and getting swamped by defenders. I'm confident we'll finish 5th or 6th and be in good shape to push on next year.

Definitely better than the 2-2 scoreline...just slipped up in finishing.

Lamelas a bit of revelation...forgotten to first 11

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":34t7xxy9 said:
Uncle Si":34t7xxy9 said:
Nog":34t7xxy9 said:
UK_Seahawk":34t7xxy9 said:

People in Italy used to see him as the next Del Piero. I don't think he is a bad dude. I just said he is a distraction for teams that he plays for.

IMO, he has a great potential, but he doesn't capitalize it. I remember words from Eto'o saying to Hazard that Ronaldinho was potentially the greatest soccer player ever, but his lack of training didn't lead him there. Feel like the same for Balotelli.

Not sure what you're saying here...Balo's potential is hindered by poor training?

He's certainly a mercurial figure. There wasn't any doubt he should be first off when Rodgers went to the bench. But there wasn't any doubt his name goes top of the team sheet either.

He's an interesting case. Doesn't control a game but you sort of just hold your breath when it finds him. Credit to Villa, they had him thinking about more than the ball yesterday.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You have to wonder why if Balotelli is so good does he keep getting moved on from club to club. He's never been the best striker at any of the clubs he's played for. It seems fairly obvious now why he was so cheap.

As for Welbeck he was in great form for England and added a new attacking dimension for Arsenal. Early days but he looked far superior to Balotelli.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1fayy7re said:
You have to wonder why if Balotelli is so good does he keep getting moved on from club to club. He's never been the best striker at any of the clubs he's played for. It seems fairly obvious now why he was so cheap.

As for Welbeck he was in great form for England and added a new attacking dimension for Arsenal. Early days but he looked far superior to Balotelli.

He's a second striker....not sure that's in dispute. His price tag reflects that. Same as Welbeck (literally) He's young (like Welbeck) with strengths and weaknesses (like Welbeck). Both I think were very smart signings

Welbecks first game with Arsenal was very similar to Balos first with Liverpool. Both were impactful, shouldve scored and merged well with their new group. Balo was given no help yesterday. Poor day for Lallana snd Coutinho. So not sure the "far superior". Arsenal were just better in attack than Liverpool yesterday. Roles reversed two weeks ago.

Both help their new clubs. Be interesting how they fare as the season progresses. Welbecks reputation will take some undoing...just like Balotelli

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":yjexkltw said:
UK_Seahawk":yjexkltw said:

He's a second striker....not sure that's in dispute. His price tag reflects that. Same as Welbeck (literally) He's young (like Welbeck) with strengths and weaknesses (like Welbeck). Both I think were very smart signings

Welbecks first game with Arsenal was very similar to Balos first with Liverpool. Both were impactful, shouldve scored and merged well with their new group. Balo was given no help yesterday. Poor day for Lallana snd Coutinho. So not sure the "far superior". Arsenal were just better in attack than Liverpool yesterday. Roles reversed two weeks ago.

Both help their new clubs. Be interesting how they fare as the season progresses. Welbecks reputation will take some undoing...just like Balotelli

You need to change your name to Uncle Marvin.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3d9rxozn said:
Uncle Si":3d9rxozn said:
UK_Seahawk":3d9rxozn said:

You need to change your name to Uncle Marvin.

Forgot...now I remember. Thanks

UKspurts
CinnamonUK

Smurf

Reaction score
I'm not going to say we're going to win the league...but that was better today...

The fresh blood looked worth the money for the most part. Di Maria and Blind especially.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smurf":2q1mr76j said:
I'm not going to say we're going to win the league...but that was better today...

The fresh blood looked worth the money for the most part. Di Maria and Blind especially.

Better United, poor QPR? little bit of both? (QPR is absolutely dreadful by the way... good lord they've been bad)

Perfect recipe for United, but their schedule will start including top 10 squads soon enough. will be interesting to see if Di Maria (well, he is fantastic) Blind, Herrera, Rojo and Falcao are the answers.

By the way, da hell is going on with Madrid? 9(edit... they apparently were waiting for Champs league)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No doubts there Gate

That's a solid solid three points

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2m3uywl9 said:

He's a headcase that's why. He has a ton of talent but a lot of clubs and managers can't be arsed dealing with the baggage he brings. Paolo DiCanio was a similar example albeit not as good.

Liverpool dominated that second half today but couldn't score. Ballotelli will get the goals eventually though. There is no point debating the Suarez thing as he would have been suspended for these games anyway and that probably swung the decision for Liverpool to sell him but they would have won if he could play and was still a Liverpool player.