EPL 2014-15 Season

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Si...did not see that loss coming at all. Still early though!

Tommorow....
First Chelsea gets the win against the Mancs!
Then Yahoo Fantasy Football Live makes me feel good about my lineup!
Then we destroy the Broncos!

A perfect Sunday!

Ars-man to the rescue!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":37hsn318 said:

Tommorow....

A perfect Sunday!

Ars-man to the rescue!

Get yours NJ!

I did see it coming unfortunately... Going to be a long year if we don't get straightened out.

Ah well...that's for next week. Go Hawks!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":23uijtwq said:
NJSeaHawk":23uijtwq said:

Tommorow....

A perfect Sunday!

Ars-man to the rescue!

Get yours NJ!

I did see it coming unfortunately... Going to be a long year if we don't get straightened out.

Ah well...that's for next week. Go Hawks!

Cheers SI! I hope it all works out today! :thirishdrinkers:

United loses 5-3 to Leicester!!!!

Wow

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2g170sxa said:
Uncle Si":2g170sxa said:
What a morning...

No joke. Spurs lost, United got melvined, Everton lost at home and 10-man city denied Chelsea all the points. Crazy.

Liverpool tough....ugh. Needs sorted out ASAP. Studge coming back next week will help, but we HAVE to get all three points at Anfield next week. Have to.

struggling with Middlesboro now....

We lack attitude

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":366bw6b3 said:
Uncle Si":366bw6b3 said:
peachesenregalia":366bw6b3 said:
Uncle Si":366bw6b3 said:
What a morning...

No joke. Spurs lost, United got melvined, Everton lost at home and 10-man city denied Chelsea all the points. Crazy.

Liverpool tough....ugh. Needs sorted out ASAP. Studge coming back next week will help, but we HAVE to get all three points at Anfield next week. Have to.

struggling with Middlesboro now....

We lack attitude

There's just something generally wrong with the team. I don't think it's the players they've brought in, either. I think with Suarez last year, the team always had plenty of belief because he was one of the best players in the world. Now that he's gone, they just seem to lack that belief. Up to Rodgers to instill that in them again. Defense is still just as poor as ever, and now we're lacking teeth going forward. We'll see what Studge brings at the weekend, but it's not looking great so far.

Having said that, both Arsenal and Everton were dumped out tonight, so there's that....

typically I watch on and take some solace in other team's failures... this season (thus far) I could truly care.

We are so, so uninspiring. its not even fun to watch.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":uu377ewq said:
Here's a decent article on Liverpool's early struggles.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/liver ... ton-villa/

Very interesting, and astute.

managing the two areas of alarm: lack of attacking prowess in the final 3rd and conceding from giveaways in the defending third... one is the players, the other is the system. One sees a signfigant change from last season (all the new players, minus Suarez), the other is not.

Both are Rodgers responsibility. Further failures could lead to a short stay as Liverpool's top man, unfortunately.

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Wow, I go AWOL for a couple days and I'm surprised no one exected me to pop up on Sunday or Monday boasting about how Arsenal were the only top club to win on the Weekend or show up yesterday upset that the Gunners are out of the League Cup. Eh, whatever.

I was going out of my mind on Saturday during that 3-4 minutes of chaos at Villa Park. Ozil finally showed his worth after making us wait for him to do so. Welbeck finally got his first Arsenal goal, should've had 3 by now as a matter of fact. And Villa just imploded in those 3 minutes. Game probably would've gone differently if not for that big save by Szczesny off of Clark's header in, I think, the 22nd minute. Really nobody was off the beat in that game at all.

Tuesday on the other hand. Well, I'm disappointed, but I'm not upset. I felt it was certainly a competition we could've gone the distance in. But well, it actually wasn't that bad of a performance, Southampton just had a team that was better set up than Arsenal's, even with Sanchez in the XI. None of the players can really be faulted for the outcome, though I am disappointed by Rosicky and Podolski's performances. I don't think Rosicky has ever played as poorly as he did yesterday, and Podolski was playing almost as if he wasn't even there at all. Sanchez's goal was amazing, and Clyne's was just as good, if not better. I do feel like the difference maker in this game ended up being that penalty, it gave the Saints a serious confidence boost and they took it.

Oh well, North London Derby on Saturday. So, there's that to look forward to.

Nog

Reaction score
I'm really impressed by Chelsea. Mourinho has found his team chemistry. Meanwhile, I'm not convinced by Liverpool and Arsenal... But no surprise right here for me.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":wqlihlh9 said:
I'm really impressed by Chelsea. Mourinho has found his team chemistry. Meanwhile, I'm not convinced by Liverpool and Arsenal... But no surprise right here for me.

No argument from me. So'ton look good as well. City are City.

Rest of the league looks, well, average

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1awzmua6 said:
Nog":1awzmua6 said:

Quite honestly, I prefer Liverpool rather than Chelsea or City. I'm not really pleased with this situation. I still remembered when I went to Anfield road with Marseilles supporters in 2007. We won, but I felt there was a soul over there.

On a side note, I really wished that you guys pulled the trigger for a top notch player like Di Maria.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":p2hr2hn8 said:
Uncle Si":p2hr2hn8 said:
Nog":p2hr2hn8 said:

Quite honestly, I prefer Liverpool rather than Chelsea or City. I'm not really pleased with this situation. I still remembered when I went to Anfield road with Marseilles supporters in 2007. We won, but I felt there was a soul over there.

On a side note, I really wished that you guys pulled the trigger for a top notch player like Di Maria.

I think our manager has been a bit too cute with the Suarez money.

There's no doubting we needed depth and improvements at the positions filled by the new players.

But the squad is missing that top drawer attacking player like you said. The absence of Sturridge has hurt...but still, a player like Di Maria, or Marco Reus look to have been a necessity after all.

Nog

Reaction score
I've heard that Sakho was dropped from the squad, and apparently he left the stadium during the Everton game. What's up with him?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":2j673wvx said:
I've heard that Sakho was dropped from the squad, and apparently he left the stadium during the Everton game. What's up with him?

I don't know about leaving the stadium but I know he hasn't been training so I imagine he's nicked up

He's also our 3rd best cback at the moment

Nog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":26xkk0qs said:
Nog":26xkk0qs said:

I don't know about leaving the stadium but I know he hasn't been training so I imagine he's nicked up

Thanks. I was asking in regards of the french squad. Anyway, Varane, Mangala and Laporte are way better.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Nog":1fwlowpy said:
Uncle Si":1fwlowpy said:
Nog":1fwlowpy said:

Thanks. I was asking in regards of the french squad. Anyway, Varane, Mangala and Laporte are way better.

I'd disagree with that. Not sold on Mangala. Big kid for sure. But leggy and awkward.

Sakho is a fine cb..needs the right partner though