EPL 2015-16 Season

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":q2i4a2kf said:
Yep, tidy 3 points. Thought the defense looked MUCH better today, really impressed with Gomez and CLyne, even Lovren looked assured back there. Game changed when Can came on. Coutinho had more space to operate out on the left wing. Lallana was poor, dunno what we're gonna do with him. I though Milner and Hendo played fairly well together, and I liked what I saw from Firminho in the little time he got. Ibe was good, and Stoke did well to cut Benteke off from almost everything going on in the game.

Arsenal looked woeful. Where's GatePacker?

Certainly a more defensive mindset going into the game.. which I'm fine with. Would've taken 1 point, ecstatic with all 3. the Liverpool forum is in meltdown. Can't grasp the lack of attack... at Stoke.

I think Lallana gives way to Firmino next time out. I'd also like to see them employ a 4 diamond 2 with Ings/Firminho and Benteke up top, Can, Milner, Henderson and Coutinho (Can at the bottom, Coutinho at the top) in behind.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Good start for Palace, rode there luck a little and got lucky with the disallowed goal but will happily take the points!

Any chance Arsenal can play that poorly again next Sunday? I doubt it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1wmucuaf said:
Uncle Si":1wmucuaf said:
peachesenregalia":1wmucuaf said:
Yep, tidy 3 points. Thought the defense looked MUCH better today, really impressed with Gomez and CLyne, even Lovren looked assured back there. Game changed when Can came on. Coutinho had more space to operate out on the left wing. Lallana was poor, dunno what we're gonna do with him. I though Milner and Hendo played fairly well together, and I liked what I saw from Firminho in the little time he got. Ibe was good, and Stoke did well to cut Benteke off from almost everything going on in the game.

Certainly a more defensive mindset going into the game.. which I'm fine with. Would've taken 1 point, ecstatic with all 3. the Liverpool forum is in meltdown. Can't grasp the lack of attack... at Stoke.

I think Lallana gives way to Firmino next time out. I'd also like to see them employ a 4 diamond 2 with Ings/Firminho and Benteke up top, Can, Milner, Henderson and Coutinho (Can at the bottom, Coutinho at the top) in behind.

Yeah, I'd favor that. Lack of attack nothing, it was Stoke, a tough ground to get a win at, especially for us. We've a glut of talent in the middle of the park with Markovic, Ibe, FirCouts, Milner, Can, Hendo, and if Lalanna can ever figure it out. Looks like Lucas might be on the way out. Allen to come back at some stage, too. Let's not forget that Studge will be back in about 6-8 weeks, as well.

I'm cautiously optimistic, will need to get a few results away to the big boys over the course of the next 10 games or so.

Pretty sure Ferguson set up our away schedule... that said, if Rodgers can figure out how to play on the road (happy to grind out some 0-0, 1-0, 1-1 matches) against the top 5 we could be well set up heading into November.

in order (after a trip to Stoke where they had won just once in 7):

@ Arsenal, @ United, @ Everton, @ Spurs, @ Chelsea, @ City, @ Newcastle

but...

[youtube]hO5ig_3yznM[/youtube]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Thank god

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/nbc-spo ... gue-in-u-s

If the premier league went back to Fox, I don't know what I'd do. I remember calling Comcast like three years ago asking why I couldn't watch the EPL in HD, and they said "sorry, that's a Fox Sports thing, not a Comcast thing."

Fox Sports, last in HD and last in your hearts!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You've gone too far, Jose...

http://screamer.deadspin.com/jose-mourinho-demotes-team-doctor-after-blowing-up-her-1723370371

Eva-3.jpg

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":22o9kyjj said:
Nah, this is nothing for Mourinho. He loves to take out his frustrations on everyone else. He'll be fine once they win a few games on the bounce.

But look at that face, peaches. How can you be mad at her?

(He did, in fact, have a pretty good reason to be upset. Training staff should be aware of game situations and management, and defer to the guy in the blazer if unsure. But still, calling out the med staff after throwing a tantrum on the field? then changing her functions with the team? Seems an over reaction)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2qqi7666 said:
Uncle Si":2qqi7666 said:
peachesenregalia":2qqi7666 said:
Nah, this is nothing for Mourinho. He loves to take out his frustrations on everyone else. He'll be fine once they win a few games on the bounce.

(He did, in fact, have a pretty good reason to be upset. Training staff should be aware of game situations and management, and defer to the guy in the blazer if unsure. But still, calling out the med staff after throwing a tantrum on the field? then changing her functions with the team? Seems an over reaction)

Of course it's an overreaction, but that's Mourinho. He's built enough equity that he can basically do whatever he wants these days.

Well barring any run ins with Jose in the near future we will have to hold NJSeahawks responsible.

Smurf

Reaction score
Nice to see United's 5th all time leading scorer come up big week 1.

3 points is 3 points.

Nice strike by that Brazilian fellow you have.

RApollos

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3btfcqnw said:

Dude, woeful is beyond an understatement.

Giphy

This is as accurate a picture as there is with my reaction at full time cause I actually threw my phone across the room. I'm not even blaming Cech for either goal, I'm blaming everyone who was in an Arsenal shirt on that field. Go ahead have your laugh, I just don't give a crap, I'm that disappointed and pissed off at that performance on Sunday that I just simply don't care.

PS in before Peach's immature and childish "shut up gatepacker"

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RApollos":20rmfhyd said:
peachesenregalia":20rmfhyd said:

Giphy

This is as accurate a picture as there is with my reaction at full time cause I actually threw my phone across the room. I'm not even blaming Cech for either goal, I'm blaming everyone who was in an Arsenal shirt on that field. Go ahead have your laugh, I just don't give a crap, I'm that disappointed and pissed off at that performance on Sunday that I just simply don't care.

Bit of an overreaction to the first game of the season?

I think the word might be out on Arsenal this year... teams will sit in compact the midfield, push the ball out wide and win the crosses. If/when they trap Arsenal through the middle they will counter them (see Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal, 2013). Have to give credit to West Ham.

That said... Ozil again looked lost, the back 4 failed to do their job in the most crucial moments. however, no Sanchez until late on and Ox looks like he wants to take the team on his shoulders.

Arsenal will be fine. Maybe not title contenders, but they won't be the team to slip from the top 4 in my opinion.

RApollos

Reaction score
Uncle Si":37oll1vu said:
RApollos":37oll1vu said:
peachesenregalia":37oll1vu said:

Giphy

Bit of an overreaction to the first game of the season?

I think the word might be out on Arsenal this year... teams will sit in compact the midfield, push the ball out wide and win the crosses. If/when they trap Arsenal through the middle they will counter them (see Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal, 2013). Have to give credit to West Ham.

That said... Ozil again looked lost, the back 4 failed to do their job in the most crucial moments. however, no Sanchez until late on and Ox looks like he wants to take the team on his shoulders.

Arsenal will be fine. Maybe not title contenders, but they won't be the team to slip from the top 4 in my opinion.

My reaction is nothing compared to what I've seen on Arsenal Fan TV.

I still think Arsenal can challenge for the league. It is as you said the first game of the season and nobody can honestly say their team really impressed. United weren't solid and required a typical Spurs moment to win, Chelsea played crap and Jose blamed the medical staff for it, and Liverpool played better than the other 3 but still needed a jawdropper from Coutinho to beat Stoke. Really City was the only team that looked impressive and won this weekend.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":13whdrhn said:
peachesenregalia":13whdrhn said:
Uncle Si":13whdrhn said:
peachesenregalia":13whdrhn said:

Of course it's an overreaction, but that's Mourinho. He's built enough equity that he can basically do whatever he wants these days.

Well barring any run ins with Jose in the near future we will have to hold NJSeahawks responsible.

Vuo3Bq6dszk47lGrEu7GDTV4WYexLmdXfWkD 7zMA5neny4uaw

Bring back the fat waiter!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":33uski7w said:
Uncle Si":33uski7w said:
Friday afternoon soccer...

Yeah, odd. Still, Villa look up for this here. they're playing well, very confident-looking.

Nice pass by Mata... lucky hit by Jannu.

Villa have no ideas at the moment.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2bamfhc0 said:
Uncle Si":2bamfhc0 said:
peachesenregalia":2bamfhc0 said:
Uncle Si":2bamfhc0 said:
Friday afternoon soccer...

Yeah, odd. Still, Villa look up for this here. they're playing well, very confident-looking.

Nice pass by Mata... lucky hit by Jannu.

Villa have no ideas at the moment.

Yeah, bit of luck in United's goal there, but that's par for the course. Villa need to respond or this one will get out of hand.

Villa up to it now. Much better 2nd half. can see a goal coming.

Pretty lifeless game. Admittedly United's defense looks up to the task, especially given how freely their midfield gave up the ball.

Keeper hasn't even been tested this season.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
No way that goal should have stood. Liverpool to get found out soon.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":h0rgs1h1 said:
UK_Seahawk":h0rgs1h1 said:
No way that goal should have stood. Liverpool to get found out soon.

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. Plenty of other teams have benefitted from decisions like that, and we've been on the wrong end of plenty of decisions like that. it all evens out.

Liverpool are about where I expect at the moment. Have Chelsea been found out? Will united get found out soon?

Don't bother...

Been an interesting start to be certain. Look very much composed and comfortable defending, but seem content with the mid high press and sitting deep if its broken. Team is very conservative St the moment.

But, 6 from 6. Only one squad looks good. Two if you believe in Leicester or Swansea.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1p49nuxa said:
Uncle Si":1p49nuxa said:
But, 6 from 6. Only one squad looks good. Two if you believe in Leicester or Swansea.

Yep, City are the class of the league at the moment. Everything can change quickly, but no-one else has really stood out yet.

City dismantled us. One more loss and it will feel like the typical November Chelsea swoon, but in September.