EPL 2015-16 Season

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ymam02tc said:
What's your end game here UK? The points aren't coming off the board. They never have, for any team. Won't anytime soon.
You tried to claim last nights fortunate point as Liverpool not being found out despite them requiring a disallowed goal to get a point at an under strength Arsenal. I'm merely pointing out that without the decisions in Liverpool's favour they are in the middle of the pack looking very average. They won't be able to rely on the officials for their points.

I couldnt really care less about Liverpool, they will do what they always do, flatter to deceive and then finish 6th / 7th. What annoys me is you 2 homers using fortunate points to somehow show Liverpool are the real deal. They arent.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3clgfzwq said:
Uncle Si":3clgfzwq said:
What's your end game here UK? The points aren't coming off the board. They never have, for any team. Won't anytime soon.
You tried to claim last nights fortunate point as Liverpool not being found out despite them requiring a disallowed goal to get a point at an under strength Arsenal. I'm merely pointing out that without the decisions in Liverpool's favour they are in the middle of the pack looking very average. They won't be able to rely on the officials for their points.

I couldnt really care less about Liverpool, they will do what they always do, flatter to deceive and then finish 6th / 7th. What annoys me is you 2 homers using fortunate points to somehow show Liverpool are the real deal. They arent.

Perfect...

Thanks!

RApollos

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":1f1ro0yr said:
Arsenal were the masters of their own downfall in the first half. A makeshift defence gifting mistakes to Liverpool but once they sorted that out they were the far superior team. Once again a crappy decision from the linesman rescued liverpool.

After half time there was only going to be one winner.

I wasn't able to watch the match live cause I had to work at the same time but from what I had heard and then seen, you're right. It was bad enough if it was just Koscielny or Mertesacker missed the match, but rather both of them. I do like Gabriel, he's hardly put a foot wrong since joining Arsenal last January and I've wanted to see him get more playing time as well but him and Chambers were given a trial by fire today and Chambers looked lost most of the game and Gabriel for the first half. If Cech didn't have his best game since arriving at Arsenal, we might be looking at 2 matches at home and 2 humiliating defeats at home. I will say Arsenal were robbed of a goal though, I don't see how Ramsey was offsides, looked to me he was perfectly in line with Skrtel(I think). Doesn't excuse the 1st half performance though won't deny that. 2nd half was much better but a lot of Arsenal's players still look rusty, which is ridiculous considering we're 3 games in now.

By the way, please tell me Brenden Rodgers was trying to make a joke. Saying the linesman flagged Ramsey because his shirt was offsides either has to be an attempt at lightening up a room or an opinion. If it's the latter, then Rodgers joins the list of managers who've made idiotic comments this season, along with Van Gaal saying his teams performance against Newcastle was excellent and Mourinho blaming his medical staff.

RApollos

Reaction score
Uncle Si":ut0cul9g said:
A competent linesman.... the crossbar, post and Peter Cech. Bit more accurate I'd say.

No denying Arsenals a great squad. I enjoy watching them. Somethings missing from them at the moment though. Maybe Packer will tell us (or provide 7 paragraphs of whinging).

Draw was fair. Zeroes surprised.

I know it kills you, but some credit to Liverpool is deserved. At Stoke and Arsenal to end the year last season they were outplayed 10-2. Now, they've picked up 4 points and conceded 0 goals.

Or, just sulk a bit more.

I don't think it's nothing that isn't there already for Arsenal. I don't know why but too many players just seem lethargic and rusty. Chamberlain was our best player in preseason, yet can't get the nod over Ramsey, and Sanchez is still a tad bit away from full fitness. Coquelin has been the only player who has looked up for it through all 3 games, and that nearly, and should've, got him sent off against Palace.

Based on the balance of play, you're right a draw was probably the only rational result. If a linesman could tell a straight line from a diagonal, we'd have a disputed 1-0 win for Arsenal instead. To tell you the truth, my nerves were almost completely fried when it was announced that Kos and Per were both out.

You do have to give Liverpool some credit, they have stuck out for some results, we can all argue the manner they achieved them until we're red in the face, you can't take the points away from them regardless. But they have to start getting the points based on their own ability and not rely on refereeing calls, good or bad, to decide the games.

RApollos

Reaction score
League Cup 3rd round draw was made today. And the highlight of the draw is Arsenal at Tottenham. While we'll also see the first Second City Derby in 4 years with Aston Villa vs Birmingham City. Liverpool drew Carlisle United, Man United drew Ipswich, Man City vs Sunderland and Chelsea vs Walsall.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RApollos":1mpafqa1 said:
Uncle Si":1mpafqa1 said:
A competent linesman.... the crossbar, post and Peter Cech. Bit more accurate I'd say.

No denying Arsenals a great squad. I enjoy watching them. Somethings missing from them at the moment though. Maybe Packer will tell us (or provide 7 paragraphs of whinging).

Draw was fair. Zeroes surprised.

I know it kills you, but some credit to Liverpool is deserved. At Stoke and Arsenal to end the year last season they were outplayed 10-2. Now, they've picked up 4 points and conceded 0 goals.

Or, just sulk a bit more.

I don't think it's nothing that isn't there already for Arsenal. I don't know why but too many players just seem lethargic and rusty. Chamberlain was our best player in preseason, yet can't get the nod over Ramsey, and Sanchez is still a tad bit away from full fitness. Coquelin has been the only player who has looked up for it through all 3 games, and that nearly, and should've, got him sent off against Palace.

Based on the balance of play, you're right a draw was probably the only rational result. If a linesman could tell a straight line from a diagonal, we'd have a disputed 1-0 win for Arsenal instead. To tell you the truth, my nerves were almost completely fried when it was announced that Kos and Per were both out.

You do have to give Liverpool some credit, they have stuck out for some results, we can all argue the manner they achieved them until we're red in the face, you can't take the points away from them regardless. But they have to start getting the points based on their own ability and not rely on refereeing calls, good or bad, to decide the games.

Agree on all points. Truly expected us to get battered.

Have to figure Arsenal will come good soon enough. Was surprised to see Ox on the subs list. Think he wouldve ran us ragged. Never struggled with Ozil. Ramsey looked off the pace a bit as well, despite the disputed goal.

Early doors as peaches would say. Both teams need improvement in play.

RApollos

Reaction score
A clear penalty not given. A questionable red card to Mirotrovic, 6 yellow cards for Newcastle, an own goal and an Arsenal win. Should've really won by more but what ever, I've resigned myself to take what we're being given as long as we win for the time being. Need to start winning more convincingly than they have though.

RApollos

Reaction score
Chelsea lost at home to Crystal Palace. Who's Mourinho gonna blame this time?

RApollos

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3s2idh7j said:
Liverpool very unlucky today. Clearly the better team on the pitch, but the result doesn't show it. Controversial red card for Coutinho, and two controversial goals allowed for West Ham. Liverpool deserved the win.

I haven't seen the game so I don't have anything to really say about it, I'm only going by the 3-0 scoreline and two red cards

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Didn't watch and judging by Packers quick summary I'm happy I missed...

RApollos

Reaction score
Uncle Si":dqh3zem3 said:
Didn't watch and judging by Packers quick summary I'm happy I missed...

Just to clarify, both West Ham and Liverpool saw a red card, Coutinho and Kevin Nolan. Just be glad you aren't a Stoke fan, they finished with 9 men.

Blueboy

Reaction score
Totally stunned by Palace today, thought they played really well and created plenty of chances. Great result. :D

RApollos

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":143hbp8z said:
Liverpool very unlucky today. Clearly the better team on the pitch, but the result doesn't show it. Controversial red card for Coutinho, and two controversial goals allowed for West Ham. Liverpool deserved the win.

Not trying to start an argument or anything. But what did you see in the game that made you feel Liverpool was better. What was controversial about Coutinho's red card and what was controversial about West Ham's goals? Just looking for clarification. I mean, judging by the scoreline Liverpool deserved to win against West Ham as much as Arsenal deserved to win against them.

RApollos

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2wirwrso said:
Stop trying to start an argument, GatePacker.

I'm just trying to figure out what happened. I didn't see the game, I know nothing that happened aside from the scoreline.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":mfx90lsq said:

I saw the game and Coutinho deserved to go as it was a reckless challenge worthy of a booking. You cant go through someone like that, if he stays on his feet he's fine. Noble's red card was slightly iffy but I can see why the ref gave it. It will no doubt be rescinded when looked at.

I'm assuming the rest of your post about Liverpool deserving to win was pure trolling.

RApollos

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":z3op4mbq said:
peachesenregalia":z3op4mbq said:

I saw the game and Coutinho deserved to go as it was a reckless challenge worthy of a booking. You cant go through someone like that, if he stays on his feet he's fine. Noble's red card was slightly iffy but I can see why the ref gave it. It will no doubt be rescinded when looked at.

I'm assuming the rest of your post about Liverpool deserving to win was pure trolling.

I saw the highlights, I'm a bit skeptical of the Coutinho 2nd yellow, but he shouldn't be going in for a challenge like that while on a yellow. Noble's red card seemed a tiny bit harsh at least to me. And all 3 of West Ham's goals Liverpool's defense was embarrassingly bad. They have no excuses for it, just look at the 2nd goal, Lovren won the ball by the end line, hesitated, and then immediately lost it back to the guy he won it from, who had run into the linesman. How can you excuse that?

dino26

Reaction score
Need to get their act together Chelski ...hopefully with JT back he can get the lads going.