EPL 2015-16 Season

RApollos

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":w81ixiwf said:
No way that goal should have stood. Liverpool to get found out soon.

Could get found out as soon as Monday as a matter of fact. As awkward, to put it lightly, as the first 2 matches have been for Arsenal, Liverpool scraped past Stoke and stole a win against Bournemouth in a game they probably should've lost if the referee hadn't made 1 poor call and had a brain fart on a 2nd.

Arsenal were embarrassing against West Ham, but it was probably the right result because it may have given them a slap in the face and kick in the ass they needed. There has been too much talk about the Gunners title chances this season and it had to have gone to their heads. I feel the performance against Crystal Palace was closer to the Arsenal people were talking up as title contenders. It's not there yet, probably won't be for a while still this season.

As much as I wanna see another 4 goal outing against Liverpool, I'd rather put my money on a really close game. I'd probably say Arsenal will get the win, but it'll likely be by a goal. Like I said, Liverpool have more or less crawled to 2 wins in 2. But of the 4 teams who've done that, United is the only one that's been less impressive than Liverpool has been, but they've played slightly stronger opposition.

Si will probably disagree, while Peaches will say "shut up Gatepacker"

SeatownJay

Reaction score
If there are other Tottenham fans here, I apologize. I adopted them as my EPL team this season which is why they are off to such a disappointing start.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":20aqxcda said:
Shut up, Gatepacker.

"The performance against Crystal Palace"

The game they won through an own goal and should've been down to ten men at half? You do talk in circles Packer.

Liverpool have struggled to attack, but "scraping by" a Stoke team people fashion for a chique 6th place squad, at Stoke who beat them 6-1 last time out is a solid, solid effort. Bournemouth just put 4 past that West Ham team Arsenal couldn't score on and the only effort that was dangerous outside a disallowed header was a left foot volley from 25 out.

Let's be fair here. Liverpool are working with all new parts and have work to do. But they don't get those points last year.

Be an interesting match. Arsenal are the favorites for a handful of reasons. Do think Packer is trying to talk himself into confidence though.

RApollos

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3b3xdxpq said:
peachesenregalia":3b3xdxpq said:
Shut up, Gatepacker.

"The performance against Crystal Palace"

The game they won through an own goal and should've been down to ten men at half? You do talk in circles Packer.

Liverpool have struggled to attack, but "scraping by" a Stoke team people fashion for a chique 6th place squad, at Stoke who beat them 6-1 last time out is a solid, solid effort. Bournemouth just put 4 past that West Ham team Arsenal couldn't score on and the only effort that was dangerous outside a disallowed header was a left foot volley from 25 out.

Let's be fair here. Liverpool are working with all new parts and have work to do. But they don't get those points last year.

Be an interesting match. Arsenal are the favorites for a handful of reasons. Do think Packer is trying to talk himself into confidence though.

I might be, but I think your trying to talk yourself into believing Arsenal didn't deserve to win last week. Hell what I was referring to about the performance was that it was more like the team people were calling title contenders as compared to the performance against West Ham.

I'm not disputing that Coquelin should've been sent off, I was stunned that he wasn't though I still don't agree with the yellow he did get cause the other two were far worse offenses. And yeah, Arsenal won by an own goal last week, but don't make it sound like the Palace player intentionally put the ball in the net, Sanchez got the header, and by some crazy dumb luck it ricocheted off of Delaney's leg and in. Arsenal controlled that game for the majority of the match, if Coquelin was sent off it may have turned out differently. We've really seen the good side of Arsenal and the bad side of Arsenal through the first 2 matches.

On Liverpool's end of things. What I meant by the scrapping by Stoke was that I thought, at the time, Liverpool should've blown by the Potters. My opinion on that game has changed slightly based on their last two games, especially the draw against Spurs. And then the game against Bournemouth, I stand by my opinion that Bournemouth got the short end of the stick in that match.

Bournemouth's win against West Ham was big for them, I was glad they won. They took advantage of Adrian's ban for the red card against Leicester and pelted the back up keeper Darren Randolph with 4 goals. I've figured them to have the kind of season Burnley had last season, where they're the team everyone wants to stay up, but get relegated.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Jesus Christ...

Why bother. Aren't their soccer fans on the Packer board you can talk in circles to?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1ey5syhu said:
Uncle Si":1ey5syhu said:
Jesus Christ...

Why bother. Aren't their soccer fans on the Packer board you can talk in circles to?

This here.

I do like him on here...but Christ he can chase a tail at times

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":g0kd4i2l said:
REALLY love the lineup tonight. Excited to see what Benteke can do with FirCouts behind him. Love the fact that we're starting Can, Lucas and Milner in the middle. Should be able to control the midfield and both Can and Lucas should beef up the defense. Arsenal have a strong side out, although starting a youngster in the back 4 could prove costly for them. I think there's goals to be had at both ends here, I'll be happy with 1-1 or a Desmond. 2-2.

***EDIT*** Looks like Arse are without Koscielny and Mertesacker due to injury and illness, respectively. Could get interesting...

Too deep this early in the game... be lucky to escape the first 25 minutes without conceding...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3q8f9s0s said:
WRONG, Simon. Arsenal's defense is looking shite. They're there for the taking, we just need to get the ball in the back of the net. Liverpool absolutely the better of the two sides so far.

Well yeah... we aren't sitting deep anymore. winning the ball on their side...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3sqn7c1e said:
Uncle Si":3sqn7c1e said:
peachesenregalia":3sqn7c1e said:
WRONG, Simon. Arsenal's defense is looking shite. They're there for the taking, we just need to get the ball in the back of the net. Liverpool absolutely the better of the two sides so far.

Well yeah... we aren't sitting deep anymore. winning the ball on their side...

Christ. Should be up 3-0 by now. Really annoyed if we don't go on to win this. Arsenal are there for the taking.

I hope we start the 2nd half like we finished the first, and not how we started it. As you said, Arsenals tails are dragging. no need to give them space

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":i9n078z2 said:
Uncle Si":i9n078z2 said:
Liverpool certainly "found out"...

Yep. Happy enough with the result in retrospect. Feel like we left two points out there though. Still, three clean sheets from three, not too shabby!

Well, we were shoed for 6 and 4 at Stoke and Arsenal respectively late last year. Team has done a great job of reinventing itself. Need some goals, it can be said.

thoughts on Arsenal? Cech saved them today.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Liverpool saved by another dodgy decision. Mugnolet booked for timewasting tells you who wss the better twam and most likely to win in 2nd half.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Arsenal were the masters of their own downfall in the first half. A makeshift defence gifting mistakes to Liverpool but once they sorted that out they were the far superior team. Once again a crappy decision from the linesman rescued liverpool.

After half time there was only going to be one winner.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":18me7v7a said:
Arsenal were the masters of their own downfall in the first half. A makeshift defence gifting mistakes to Liverpool but once they sorted that out they were the far superior team. Once again a crappy decision from the linesman rescued liverpool.

Predictable

But worth the wait

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ornbq8k said:
UK_Seahawk":2ornbq8k said:

Predictable

But worth the wait

Well the truth is fairly simple. A full strength Arsenal would have battered Liverpool, whereas the Arsenal last night just needed a competent linesman. Take off the 3 extra points gifted to Liverpool and you have a more accurate reflection of their mid table abilities.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3vo0udjc said:
Uncle Si":3vo0udjc said:
UK_Seahawk":3vo0udjc said:

Predictable

But worth the wait

Well the truth is fairly simple. A full strength Arsenal would have battered Liverpool, whereas the Arsenal last night just needed a competent linesman. Take off the 3 extra points gifted to Liverpool and you have a more accurate reflection of their mid table abilities.

A competent linesman.... the crossbar, post and Peter Cech. Bit more accurate I'd say.

No denying Arsenals a great squad. I enjoy watching them. Somethings missing from them at the moment though. Maybe Packer will tell us (or provide 7 paragraphs of whinging).

Draw was fair. Zeroes surprised.

I know it kills you, but some credit to Liverpool is deserved. At Stoke and Arsenal to end the year last season they were outplayed 10-2. Now, they've picked up 4 points and conceded 0 goals.

Or, just sulk a bit more.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1skn3wig said:
UK_Seahawk":1skn3wig said:
Uncle Si":1skn3wig said:
UK_Seahawk":1skn3wig said:

Predictable

But worth the wait

A competent linesman.... the crossbar, post and Peter Cech. Bit more accurate I'd say.

No denying Arsenals a great squad. I enjoy watching them. Somethings missing from them at the moment though. Maybe Packer will tell us (or provide 7 paragraphs of whinging).

Draw was fair. Zeroes surprised.

I know it kills you, but some credit to Liverpool is deserved. At Stoke and Arsenal to end the year last season they were outplayed 10-2. Now, they've picked up 4 points and conceded 0 goals.

Or, just sulk a bit more.

Arsenal had a legitimate goal incorrectly ruled offside. Arsenal hit the woodwork and Mignolet had to make saves also. Saves and the woodwork are part of the game whereas poor decisions should not be. At the end of the day it was that poor decsion that gifted you a point you shouldnt have. Same thing for the goal against Bournemouth. To try and claim you are better than a 4 point team is just wrong.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Brilliant...

I'm sure over the course of a 38 game season no team gets these? Or actually all teams do. Seen a handful throughout the PL already.

No one is denying some calls have gone Liverpools way. They've also hit the bar 5 times in three games. It's just how the games work. I'd expect you to know that, really.

But....sulking it is.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":156n67w9 said:
Brilliant...

I'm sure over the course of a 38 game season no team gets these? Or actually all teams do. Seen a handful throughout the PL already.

No one is denying some calls have gone Liverpools way. They've also hit the bar 5 times in three games. It's just how the games work. I'd expect you to know that, really.

But....sulking it is.

Hitting the bar or hitting the corner flag still counts the same as a shot off target. At the moment Liverpool have 3 extra points due to the officials NOT their own play. You guys sounds like Steelers fans circa 2005.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2fvv9ugu said:
Uncle Si":2fvv9ugu said:
Brilliant...

But....sulking it is.

Hitting the bar or hitting the corner flag still counts the same as a shot off target. At the moment Liverpool have 3 extra points due to the officials NOT their own play. You guys sounds like Steelers fans circa 2005.

And there's the "you sound like (insert NFL fanbase) fans" comment. Honestly thought you'd go there earlier. Did know you'd get there eventually. About as close together as a crossbar and corner flag are.

Sulking and now bitter? I guess that makes you a 9er fan circa whenever?

What's your end game here UK? The points aren't coming off the board. They never have, for any team. Won't anytime soon.