FAO 49ers fans

chris98251

Reaction score
It's only three games Chip can fix it, give him a college 5 year plan and time to recruit his own players and everything will be fine.

rlkats

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2x6cpuib said:
On a serious note (only the one bite this time...)...

I quite like Chip Kelly. And there's some talent on defense (the offense is a hot fat mess). It's quite clear what the problem is. We all know it. It's the guy in the GM job (and occasionally coaching the secondary).

Say what you want about burnout under Harbaugh -- if San Fran give him the keys so he has a similar working situation to PC in Seattle... they're nothing like what they are now. They chose Baalke in the power battle vs Harbaugh. First mistake.

Second mistake is not canning Baalke last off-season and setting up a GM/HC partnership like they did here in Seattle. Now if they fire Baalke does the new GM HAVE to work with Kelly? Who has final say? Do they make another HC change? Does Kelly get ultimate power again (we saw how that collapsed in Philly)?

They can't have Baalke going through another off-season next year.

English this is exactly spot on. I remember Madden saying if the coach is a winning coach and doesn't get along with the GM you either fix it or get rid of the GM not the coach.

canfan

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":35v0gtvh said:
This was to be exected. Gabbert is pure shit. Consider he was not sacked and only pressured on 7 of 27 attempts (for comparison last year it was an average of four sacks). If your quarterback is so awful that he throws for only 119 yards despite zero sacks and only 7 pressures against a team that routinely makes people wonder if they'll approach the sack record, your quarterback is bottom three in the league.

BUT there was a bright side, and that's it. The underrated Trent Brown once again more or less owned an elite pass rusher for most of the game. I believe this 49er line led the league in sacks last year. They are much better in pass protection. That's Phase 1 of the rebuild.

Now, the 49ers have two solid ends, but they need Ian Williams to be back and healthy again, they need Aaron Lynch to stop smoking weed, and they need a better ILB next to Bowman. When that happens, Phase 2 will be complete. This can be done the next draft.

Phase 3 is to get real weapons in the passing game. That could happen in a year or two as well.

Phase 4 is better cbs.

And of course Phase 0 is a real QB. Good luck with that one.

But the offensive line hasn't pass protected that well against Seattle in five years, so we 49ers fans at least have that going for us...

Trent Brown is a monster. Just how big is that guy? He may be underrated, but you can't claim he is overlooked...that would be very hard to do at that size!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Anthony Davis just retired again. I almost feel sorry for those poor bastards. 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":387ztbwf said:
Anthony Davis just retired again. I almost feel sorry for those poor bastards. 8)

Have a feeling that they saw this coming.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the 49ers dump Chip Kelly, they are bound to start winning. See Eagles for proof....

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawkfan68":91c8mwn3 said:
If the 49ers dump Chip Kelly, they are bound to start winning. See Eagles for proof....
Let's hope they hang on to him for a decade plus then.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ioc4yb8 said:
hawkfan68":3ioc4yb8 said:

Same could be said for Andy Reid leaving to KC.

Good coaches, just got long in the tooth for that particular franchise.

Kelly the HC was never bad....it was Kelly the GM that got the Eagles in trouble.

Plus Kelly had better tools to work with in Philly initially. Lost his guards, McCoy, D. Jackson, etc...

Hawks46

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":12d61ft1 said:
This was to be exected. Gabbert is pure shit. Consider he was not sacked and only pressured on 7 of 27 attempts (for comparison last year it was an average of four sacks). If your quarterback is so awful that he throws for only 119 yards despite zero sacks and only 7 pressures against a team that routinely makes people wonder if they'll approach the sack record, your quarterback is bottom three in the league.

BUT there was a bright side, and that's it. The underrated Trent Brown once again more or less owned an elite pass rusher for most of the game. I believe this 49er line led the league in sacks last year. They are much better in pass protection. That's Phase 1 of the rebuild.

Now, the 49ers have two solid ends, but they need Ian Williams to be back and healthy again, they need Aaron Lynch to stop smoking weed, and they need a better ILB next to Bowman. When that happens, Phase 2 will be complete. This can be done the next draft.

Phase 3 is to get real weapons in the passing game. That could happen in a year or two as well.

Phase 4 is better cbs.

And of course Phase 0 is a real QB. Good luck with that one.

But the offensive line hasn't pass protected that well against Seattle in five years, so we 49ers fans at least have that going for us...

Brown looks damn good, but he got away with at least 4 blatant holding calls against Bennett. That's not picking on Brown, it seems like for a top tier player, Bennett rarely seems to get the benefit of those calls. I also think the refs swallow the whistle quite a bit when a team gets down that much and that fast. Competitive balance and ratings you know.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawks46":3oa40i7j said:
...........I also think the refs swallow the whistle quite a bit when a team gets down that much and that fast. Competitive balance and ratings you know.
You'll be receiving a letter from Commissioners Rooney and Mara demanding a retraction via FedEx soon.

I however, think you're right.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NINEster":34bwyfnm said:
Sports Hernia":34bwyfnm said:
hawkfan68":34bwyfnm said:

Kelly the HC was never bad....it was Kelly the GM that got the Eagles in trouble.

Plus Kelly had better tools to work with in Philly initially. Lost his guards, McCoy, D. Jackson, etc...
I beg to differ. There is a reason he got fired in Philly and it wasn't just the GM part.

His offense isn't suited for the NFL. Fast paced hurry up offenses don't work in the NFL because it gasses your own defense.
Chip is a good college coach, but time will show he isn't a good NFL coach unless he has a major philosophy change on how he runs his offense. Wait and see.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2cjc71q8 said:
NINEster":2cjc71q8 said:
Sports Hernia":2cjc71q8 said:
hawkfan68":2cjc71q8 said:

I beg to differ. There is a reason he got fired in Philly and it wasn't just the GM part.

His offense isn't suited for the NFL. Fast paced hurry up offenses don't work in the NFL because it gasses your own defense.
Chip is a good college coach, but time will show he isn't a good NFL coach unless he has a major philosophy change on how he runs his offense. Wait and see.

Part of that reason is you have 46 guys active game day in the NFL and a 100 plus in a college game that you can rotate guys more.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2254jwi1 said:
Sports Hernia":2254jwi1 said:
NINEster":2254jwi1 said:
hawkfan68":2254jwi1 said:

Part of that reason is you have 46 guys active game day in the NFL and a 100 plus in a college game that you can rotate guys more.
Solid point.

Latest posts