Favorite Seahawks Memory

Jac

Reaction score
I became a fan during the "Cinderella Seahawks" win against Miami in the '83 playoffs. But I grew up in Vancouver, WA so I only ever saw 'gameday' on TV. So when my Dad got tickets to a Raiders game in the mid-80's, seeing the outside of the Kingdome come into view in the car front window, then seeing the giant cavernous inside of it for the first time...it was just magical in a way that things are magical to kids.

I will say that the Super Bowl win was magical as an adult in a way that it probably wouldn't have been as a kid. Maybe the only time things work that way. Erasing a lifetime of football disappointment that game was euphoric and may have been the best day of my life.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
This one is easy for me. Wild Card vs the Saints. We had no problem buying seats on Ticketmaster the week of the game, everybody outside of Seattle thought we were sure to lose! My wife, my self, and 2 of our buds, 4 seats in a row, south endzone. New Orleans fans all over the stadium talking so much trash at The HawksNest before the game, they were the defending champs and their fans made sure we knew that! He we were at the game and everything went right, back and forth scoring, then BeastQuake and the rest is history! It was really the start of the modern era of Seahawks football! We stayed in the stands for like an hour after the game ended, "I've got a feeling" by the black eyed peas kept playing over the stadium speakers and I and just about everybody else there knew, Pete was going to turn this around!

sutz

Reaction score
Gonna have to go with NFCCG vs Carolina. After a week of hype about how Smith was gonna carve us up, and then we basically shut him out.

Good times. :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
43 - 8

And the League was silent and tripping over themselves trying to backtrack on how the greatest offense ever lost to those guys from Egypt.

Was more a collection of memories encapsulated in one Historic Event and then the fall out and scramble of all the Mediots and I really mean just about everyone that picked the Broncos to kick our asses, after all it was cold and on the East Coast also.

That and coming back here and enjoying the glow of everyone here, that sense of brotherhood and fandom that can't be put into words, winning something this big with people you have known since this Forums inception.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
<--------

Krieg avoiding Thomas's eighth sack and throwing to Skansi for a touchdown is a close second as that is the game where I went from being a casual fan to die-hard Seahawks fan.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I have the obvious ones too - but one of my favourite memories is the three game stretch in December 2012.
58-0 vs. Arizona (think we had 5 interceptions that game), 50-17 vs. Buffalo (pretty sure this was the game RW used the Read option and just smoked them), and 42-13 vs. Niners (glorious in so many ways).
After those three games I was certain it was only a matter of time until the Seahawks were champs.

dbmack

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2xg11mxc said:
Percy Harvin’s kickoff return in XLVIII. Why??? because that was the point I knew with a 100% certainty that the team I’ve rooted for since I was 8 years old was going to be Super Bowl champs!!! Great times! :lol:
Yep, Percy's kickoff return for me too. I jumped off the couch and kept jumping up and down for a long time. I turned to mr dbmack and said, "we are going to win this game!!!" It was at that moment I really truly believed it.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
GREAT stuff everyone! Keep 'em coming!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
1998 draft......I called what I thought was Seahawks headquarters and yelled at the receptionist to draft Randy Moss. We picked Anthony Simmons instead. :roll:

DynoHawk

Reaction score
11/04/1984 Seattle Vs KC. My first game
We beat KC 45-0. Seattle had 6 interceptions that day returned for an nfl record 325 yards. 4 taken back to the house, 2 by Kenny Easley. The dome was rocking that day. was a good day.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ImTheScientist":3ifnhesl said:
1998 draft......I called what I thought was Seahawks headquarters and yelled at the receptionist to draft Randy Moss. We picked Anthony Simmons instead. :roll:

How dare she for not listening!! LOL!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Pretty partial to the Beast Quake run, that was a special moment.

Also liked RW to Kearse in the EZ for the walk-off W vs. GB

AKNFidel

Reaction score
So my first Seahawks game I went to was late November of 1981 in the Kingdome. I was 14 and was able to shake hands with several players during warm ups. The game was against the Oakland Raiders and we lost by 1 point. It’s funny that this is a game I remember fondly as a kid, because this was the game where Jim Zorn broke his ankle late in the 4th quarter. After that some guy named Kreig became our starting QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm going to go with weird on this one:
A couple of years after moved to Indiana and I could no longer see the Hawks on tv,
I was not happy with that at all!Then HBO was on one night and I saw "inside the NFL"
with Len and Nick and I don't who's voice that was on the highlights but man when it
finally got to the Hawks I am seeing Krieg throwing a beautiful spiral in slo mo which
seemed like forever right into the hands of Paul Johns for a TD.That voice and the
slo mo highlight gave me happy chills.I know it's nothing but to me in that point of
time it was everything.I watched that show for years and the Hawks always seemed
to be featured last but those early Knox years were exciting as we finally got to the
playoffs and I could see my team again sometimes anyway.

Jimmy

Reaction score
I was also at this game, my first live Hawk game. I will NEVER remember walking from the concourse and seeing the field for the first time in person. This has always been my favorite Hawk memory and always will!

AKNFidel":2bhy4dqj said:
So my first Seahawks game I went to was late November of 1981 in the Kingdome. I was 14 and was able to shake hands with several players during warm ups. The game was against the Oakland Raiders and we lost by 1 point. It’s funny that this is a game I remember fondly as a kid, because this was the game where Jim Zorn broke his ankle late in the 4th quarter. After that some guy named Kreig became our starting QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Aros":m2vbfpd1 said:
twisted_steel2":m2vbfpd1 said:
Playoffs, from the 2005 season. My wife and I lucked into playoff tickets. Washington game was amazing, then on to Carolina. Just being in the Hawks Nest as the realization started sinking in with us and everyone around us, that the Seahawks were going to the Super Bowl for the first time!!

It was just a crazy feeling in the crowd, people were counting down, and cheering, no one could believe it was finally happening! Felt really magical at the time. Obviously ended horribly. But at that moment it was something else.

So true! First and only time I can recall actually shedding some tears. Just short of 30 years, waiting for what seemed like the improbable. My beloved Seattle Seahawks finally made it to the Big Dance. That was a special, special game and moment no doubt.

Yeah this was a great time. My jaw hit the ground when Lofa decleated Nick Goings in the NFCCG. I remember yelling, who's soft now bitches!!!!!!!!!

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Favorite live memory - NFCCG vs. Carolina, hoisting the NFC trophy and going to the SB for the first time

Favorite TV memory - 1a - The Tip; 1b - 2014 NFCCG, Bostick taking it off the facemask and recovering onside kick. For some reason, that was the moment in that Packers game when I pretty much lost my mind.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
“We want the ball and we’re going to score!”

Although what happened about 2 minutes later kind of sucked.