Favorite Seahawks Memory

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":h1a1rrpo said:
Percy Harvin’s kickoff return in XLVIII. Why??? because that was the point I knew with a 100% certainty that the team I’ve rooted for since I was 8 years old was going to be Super Bowl champs!!! Great times! :lol:

I'm right there with you. I actually started tearing up at that moment. I knew it was over, and the Hawks were finally the Champs!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
1983 first road playoff win vs the Marino led Dolphins.
2005 NFC championship game
SB48

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Love reading these. A few make me remember the tearing up. NFCCG vs Carolina, XLVIII, etc. one of my favorite memories out of many would be the first time Curt Warner touched the ball as a rookie...62 yard scamper against KC.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":ebc1acun said:
This is top 5 also. Steve Largents "pay back blow" on Mike Harden the dirtbag from Denver.

[youtube]xSOPrwb-mQc[/youtube]
One of my favorites as well, I was there.
Sadly, Largent’s awesome hit on Harden would probably be a penalty in today’s NFL.
A text book definition of “decleating”. When one’s feet are higher than one’s head, that’s not good. 8)

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":1nmjnntw said:
Glenn Foley to Fabien Bownes! TOUCHDOWN!

OK, not my most favorite, but still a personal favorite.

I was at that game! And was looking away for that play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2hceee68 said:
This is top 5 also. Steve Largents "pay back blow" on Mike Harden the dirtbag from Denver.

[youtube]xSOPrwb-mQc[/youtube]
One of my favorites as well, I was there.
Sadly, Largent’s awesome hit on Harden would probably be a penalty in today’s NFL.
A text book definition of “decorating”. When one’s feet are higher than one’s head, that’s not good. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":2ph4kn67 said:
43 - 8

And the League was silent and tripping over themselves trying to backtrack on how the greatest offense ever lost to those guys from Egypt.

Was more a collection of memories encapsulated in one Historic Event and then the fall out and scramble of all the Mediots and I really mean just about everyone that picked the Broncos to kick our asses, after all it was cold and on the East Coast also.

That and coming back here and enjoying the glow of everyone here, that sense of brotherhood and fandom that can't be put into words, winning something this big with people you have known since this Forums inception.
I was on vacation the week following XLVIII, listening to the National mediots on national sports radio tripping all over themselves to backsplain their choices and were forced to give Seattle credit for such dominating performance.

Must give former Bronco Shannon Sharpe on his Sirius radio show, he said Seattle flat out dominated and folks that don’t give them credit are fools as a blind man could see it was complete and total domination that was rarely seen in any championship game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1m8jwmvk said:
chris98251":1m8jwmvk said:
43 - 8

And the League was silent and tripping over themselves trying to backtrack on how the greatest offense ever lost to those guys from Egypt.

Was more a collection of memories encapsulated in one Historic Event and then the fall out and scramble of all the Mediots and I really mean just about everyone that picked the Broncos to kick our asses, after all it was cold and on the East Coast also.

That and coming back here and enjoying the glow of everyone here, that sense of brotherhood and fandom that can't be put into words, winning something this big with people you have known since this Forums inception.
I was on vacation the week following XLVIII, listening to the National mediots on national sports radio tripping all over themselves to backsplain their choices and were forced to give Seattle credit for such dominating performance.

Must give former Bronco Shannon Sharpe on his Sirius radio credit, he said Seattle flat out dominated and folks that don’t give them credit are fools as a blind man could see it was complete and total domination that was rarely seen in any championship game.

Yeah that was the perfect example of the Mediots, the NFL all so sure of themselves that Manning and the fact that it was in New York was basically a gift for Manning. The Earth began to move when the Sea of Blue and Green began to appear in New York, still like Pharoah they would not conceed or change their thoughts and position, then it was colder then anticipated which was more a detriment to Manning and the Broncos offense then Seattle, yet they figured the Broncos had to much for our defense to handle and Manning was too smart, still Pharoah would not conceed.

Then the game started, plague after Plague fell upon the Broncos, first the Mediots were in denial it was happening, then were dumbfounded it was happening, afterwards speechless because it happened.

The analysts and Mediots trying to unexplain their prophetic picks and deflect, justify, blame other influences such as it was a Home Game for the Seahawks because of our fans there which makes us also intolerable I guess :)

After all the years of being dismissed and treated as a AAA club in the NFL, from the Pittsburgh game where they were almost giddy we were being flogged by the Officials, the vandalism of the teams bus, the handing out of the Towels by the league, the prior years of the Phantom Helmet call on Vinny, all the no chances we have to win on Monday Night Football where we over the years have shown were one of the best. Being called South Alaska, Egypt.

Seeing everyone that has been with this team all those years enjoy the most dominating win in Super Bowl history while every Mediot that has shown contempt and glee in writing our demise season after season choke on thier perspective selfs.

That was a perfect storm to expereince as a fan.

flippyflea

Reaction score
I went to Arrowhead on 08/24/12 and sat behind the Seahawks bench. I had Russel Wilson and Robert Turbin on my fantasy college football team for a couple of years prior to them getting drafted. I knew that Russel Wilson was something special and I wanted to see him in person. I also got to see T.O.

drcool

Reaction score
Has to be the 2005 NFC Championship Game. 4 straight hours of screaming, yelling, and celebrating. By far the loudest game I have ever been to. From beginning to end the 12th Man was insane.

#2 would be Romo fumbling the hold on the kick. #3 would be Golden Tate's TD catch to beat the Packers.

endzorn

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":36bwuush said:
Glenn Foley to Fabien Bownes! TOUCHDOWN!

OK, not my most favorite, but still a personal favorite.
No joke, I can remember exactly where I was, who I was with and what I was drinking on that play.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
My most favourite Seahawks memory was the end of the 2005 NFC Championship game. To have my team finally win and be in the Super Bowl, standing at our seats in Section 131 watching the blue, green, and silver confetti come down and saying to my wife "Enjoy this moment because it won't happen often" (still kept a piece or two of that confetti until just last season). Of course the joy that was that moment was replaced by the travesty that was the officiating of XL. Even Steelers fans have told me their W was skewed by the referees. I will go to my death believing that game was stolen and the fix was in.

Then Pete came along and the NFC conference win happened twice again, but not until 8 and 9 years later. Somehow though although sweet, that moment wasn't as special each of the next two times.

However XVIII was pretty darn awesome! XLIX not so much!

tacomahawk

Reaction score
All great memories guys, and I agree with the awesomeness of all of them. Mine comes from 2006, just time spent with my Daughter, who has grown up far to quickly. This was before training camp became the mess that it is now. Madison, and I got to meet Lofa several times the year before, and he remembered us. We got to spend over a half hour, on a beautiful Summer day, just talking. At the end, he gave her a football, that we named “Duke” of course. It is our go to superstition to break out when we need luck, and it works more often than not. A Dad, his Daughter, and our favorite football player, it was glorious. He is still my favorite to this day, for everything he gave to the team, and this memory.

Attachments

• B590B802-6D87-440A-B1C4-1C0648724D18.jpeg
    B590B802-6D87-440A-B1C4-1C0648724D18.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 465

HawkGA

Reaction score
Skansi's touchdown always sticks out in my mind. Such a great play. And I was a kid so much, much more emotional than any of the recent stuff.

Non-football would have to be carrying Steve Largent's equipment into the locker room after a practice in Cheney.

Recent memory, the Tip has to be the top of the list for singular event, but I think from an emotion standpoint (and probably because I was watching it live, as opposed to the Tip) would be the safety to start off the Super Bowl. At that moment you just felt it.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Obviously it’s winning 48 but.....

My favorite personal experience memory is getting to see the prior NFCCG live and in person.

I’ll never forget that moment the tip happened.

I’ll never forget the walk back to my hotel afterwards.

Was an amazing thing to be part of.

pmedic920

Reaction score
This was pretty freaking awesome too.

12b2a685503199b510c9dfaaf218b41d

If you ever get the chance DO NOT pass it up.

f4770b0eafc79f91cf39dd7bf3a4a6e9.png

sdog1981

Reaction score
My friends and I saw the last Seahawk game in the Kingdome in January 2000. We had no tickets just got on the bus and found three of them. It was cool in hindsight to see Dan Marinos last 4th QTR come back and Charlie Jones return a kick or punt for a TD.

sdog1981

Reaction score
chris98251":2euhs30v said:
Do you mean Charlie Rogers ?

I thought that was the Lions WR who broke his collarbone every season.

CdaHawk

Reaction score
Favorite memory being at a game in person...pretty easy. I was there at Husky Stadium in 2001. Shaun Alexander already had some big games but I got to see, in person, his coming out party on national television on a Sunday night. The night he ran for 266 against the Raiders. It was a fantastic game between the two teams but I remember the place just losing it when Alexander busted one open for 88 yards and a score, this if I remember in response the Raiders taking a kickoff back for a go ahead TD just before. He was amazing that night!