Fearless Divisional Round Prediction Thread

ptisme

Reaction score
Fearless prediction: If Green Bay has all five of it's starting offensive linemen (were missing 4 of 5 at points last time) Arizona will not have more than two sacks in the game. Game will come down to the last play: Green Bay 23 AZ 20. GB has the momentum.

Seattle vs. Carolina: My heart says Seattle. But I don't think they can score on Carolina's defense. 17-9 Panthers.

Patriots over Chiefs.

Pittsburgh vs. Denver: Denver.... I don't see a guy with torn ligaments in his throwing shoulder getting it done....

NFC Championship game: Green Bay and Carolina
AFC Championship game: New England @ Denver

2_0_6

Reaction score
Pats over Chiefs
Broncos over Steelers
Cards over Packers
As much as I hate to say it, I think the Panthers squeak a win out.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'll take a stab at it:

KC @ NE

Let's see, Tom Brady vs. Alex Smith. Hmmmmmm, uh pretty easy one there.
I do believe the Chefs D will keep it close and that Smith will only turn it over one time But with Maclin hobbled or out, K.C. has but one offensive weapon, Travis Kelce and we all know how good Bellicheat is at taking away a weapon.
Cheatriots by 8.

GB @ AZ

This game will be much closer than the last time these teams played especially since it appears Bakhtiari will play LT for the Cheeseheads. Erin gets sacked half as often with him in vs. when he isn't. Problem is, Rodgers has no one open a good portion of the time and that may even be more of a problem with Devante Adams out.
Cards by 10

Pissburgh @ Denver

Tough one to call. Likely Antonio Brown will be out for the Stealers but I'm not sure that makes a huge difference as we saw when Richard Sherman shut him down in Seattle. The rapist will just throw to the other receivers. And as much as I can't stand the rapist, dude's beyond physically tough and I have no doubt he'll play. On the other side of the coin, Pey Pey goes for the Donkeys and we know how mediocre he is in the playoffs. Couple that with cold weather and his lack of arm strength and 3 picks wouldn't surprise me one iota. If I'm Denver, I try like hell to run the ball effectively. To make matters worse Brock Ostrich has not practiced the last 2 days and may not be able to play so if the forehead goes down it's good night Irene.
Denver D keeps it close, but their O is ineffective.
Stealers by 7

Seattle @ Carolina

Offenses for both teams will at times be effective and at times struggle. Carolina scores a late TD to tie the game but Russell pulls magic out of his hat and drives the Hawks into FG range in like 30 seconds and Hausch is money from 45 to win it.
Hawks by 3

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
Chiefs

Denver

Cards

Seahawks

AFCCG - Chiefs

NFCCG - Seahawks

Superb Owl fiddy - Seahawks

I understand I got a little bit ahead here, but, you know.

drdiags

Reaction score
I see Green Bay beating the Cards. Maybe just short memory since they were pretty much left for dead in my mind entering the playoffs. Just something in the back of my mind.

Seahawks over Panthers because I am a homer. I think the Panthers feel this is their time and will come out smoking. They just got a bad draw with the Seahawks and it most likely will come down to the last play as most of the games have been. Maybe the win in Seattle puts them over the hump? Still going homer because I see a Packers rematch on the horizon. Playing in Lambeau field. Most likely it is Panthers vs Cards for the NFCCG but this is the playoffs. Anything can happen.

Patriots win even though the Chiefs are pretty good. This game could flip but I am going with the tried and true over the changed man story.

Denver beats the Steelers. I don't see Big Ben throwing for 380 against the Broncos this game. But who knows with Big Ben. Prior to the injuries to D Williams and AB, this would have been a Steelers win hands down. Now I think Manning does just enough to help win this game.