Fearless Prediction Division Round: Seahawks @ Falcons

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Not seeing a lot of fearless predictions in the "fearless prediction" thread. For no rational reason whatsoever, I am calling for a beat down similar to the Saints Playoff game two years back. Seattle's Dline is too much for Ryan and he crumbles early nullifying the absence of E. Thomas. They score once or twice in garbage time.

31-17 Hawks.

Tony Diesel

Reaction score
Falcons - 38
Seahawks - 24

The Falcons will have too much offensive firepower for the Seahawks, especially without ET.

2_0_6

Reaction score
It feels really good being the under dogs again, and that's just the spot where this team plays it's best football.

This is going to be a complete dog fight with the game coming down to thee last possession. IMHO it's too close to call to pick a winner, I will just say that the game ends with no more than a 3 point win for either team.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Hawks 31 falcons 17

Hawks D gets a pick 6 this game and Atlanta turns the ball overl 4 times.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seahawks 27
Failcons 17

Hauschka misses one extra point
Avril, Bennett and Clark combine for 6 sacks
Sherman Pick 6
Falcons score zero points in the second half

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":fk3r17kd said:
Seahawks 27
Failcons 17

Sherman Pick 6

I'm preemptively angry about the missed XP. Damn it Hauschka!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1iex3xdf said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1iex3xdf said:
Seahawks 27
Failcons 17

Sherman Pick 6

I'm premtively angry about the missed XP. Damn it Hauschka!

Me too

Mizak

Reaction score
LOL @ people seriously thinking the Falcons will score 17 points at home. Falcons 31 Seahawks 27.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Seahawks will just need over 24 to win. D is better than we think. Good news is that is no problem for this offense when the run game going.

Seahawks 31
Atlanta 24

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3ldis0r8 said:
Seahawks 37, Falcons 34 (OT).

Instant classic.

That's what I'm thinking, but I'll predict a closer win and no OT.

Saw a stat that says Seattle did more blitzing against Atlanta than almost any other game, and it was pretty successful. I don't know if I see that happening without Earl Thomas, though, so I think Matt Ryan gets his shots in.

But it'll be matched by Russell Wilson breaking out his own runs and Rawls/OL holding his own. Atlanta's defense isn't any great shakes - in fact, it's similar to ours, which will make Wilson and his receivers comfortable. Atlanta's defense is also missing a CB, and that isn't a small subtraction.

SEA 35
ATL 34

YTD: 11-6

hawker84

Reaction score
Tony Diesel":1nwj5bvf said:
Falcons - 38
Seahawks - 24

The Falcons will have too much offensive firepower for the Seahawks, especially without ET.

If I remember correctly this is the exact thing we kept hearing from Bronco fans, best offense in history and all?

Plus we all know offense wins championships, amrite?

Close game

27 Falcons
24 Hawks ( would love noting more than to enjoy a big steaming plate of crow after the game though )

seahawksny

Reaction score
Don't see it.
Don't see Russell establishing his running ability that he hasn't done all year.

Dont see us not falling behind early.

Don't see Graham having big game because Russell is sitting under a pile.

Don't see us winning. It's gonna be ugly, and quick.

44-17 Falcons.

Graham demands trade end of year. Hate to say it, but this is what I see.

I hope I'm wrong... and the worst part of it is this... Atlanta will look like a super bowl team, but will get destroyed at home the following week by Green Bay.

Sealake80

Reaction score
Hopefully seahawksny you will actually be able to see the actual game. That visualization ur doing there... yuck.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
In looking at this match-up, it appears like a daunting task in a lot of ways. After all, this is a Seahawks team that is going on the road against a team that had the #1 scoring offense in the league (averaging 33.8 pts/game). Seattle was only 3-1-4 on the road this season ... and facing Matt Ryan to Julio Jones w/o Earl Thomas back there to play CF would appear to be a tall order indeed. There are a lot of reasons that I can see us losing this game. That said, I also see some indicators that give me some hope ...

Yes Atlanta was the #1 Scoring Offense ... BUT (statistically speaking), they have one of the worst defenses in the league. During the regular season, they gave up an average of 25.4 pts/game (ranked #27 overall) ... and in fact AT HOME this year (incredibly enough) ... gave up an average of nearly 28 pts/game!!

In looking at their schedule, the Falcons really didn't face many teams that you can argue have BOTH a strong offense ... and strong defense. It's generally either teams with a strong offense and mediocre to poor defense ... or strong offense and mediocre to poor defense. In other words, not very many (what we could argue as) elite balanced teams on their schedule. (and yes Falcons fans, I know the same could be said of Seattle)

That's what gives me a ray of hope heading into this weekend's match-up. Thomas Rawls and the running game IMO is the biggest key to this game -- period. Finally the Thomas Rawls we've been waiting for all season long showed up last game -- the explosive, lightning quick step Thomas Rawls -- the one who looked like a viable candidate for NFC Offensive Rookie of the Year down the stretch. And finally, the offensive line looked like they may have finally started to figure some things out last game. If the Seahawks get anywhere even close to the same type of performance that they had out of Rawls and the OL this Saturday ... then naturally play action opens up ... things with Russell Wilson and the Read Option open up ... and I think Seattle scrapes out a win in this one.

And that's what I envision happening. Rawls and the run game star in this game ... own the time of possession clock ... and keep Matty Ice, Julio Jones, and that explosive offense on the sideline for much of this one. Though a loss is certainly very possible, I'm boldly going out on a limb and calling it (in a game in which we call for the heart paddles) ...

Seahawks 27
Falcons 24

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sealake80":27h8na5z said:
Hopefully seahawksny you will actually be able to see the actual game. That visualization ur doing there... yuck.

I live and die by this team. I'll be watching.. but yes.. I see "yuck" before I see "yes!""

Latest posts