Fearless Prediction Division Round: Seahawks @ Falcons

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
34-28 Seahawks. 'Hawks D makes a red zone stand in the closing seconds to give the Falcons the loss and me a heart attack. There will inevitably be a controversial call/non-call at the end.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I'm assuming Prosise is going to play. With Prosise and Rawls looking good, I see us controlling the clock and running the ball on Atlanta's crappy run defense. With ET out, I do see them scoring some points though. I think Wilson pulls out a close game at the end.

Hawks 28
Falcons 24

Sparkchaser737

Reaction score
I really think Russell Wilson has been sub par all year long. Granted injuries have hindered him, but I really think this is the game he comes back to true form and puts the team on his back.

I'm thinking the defense makes a great stand at the end.

Please just don't let it come down to a Huaschka field goal, because I don't think he could win it.

Hawks 27
Falcons 24

Crizilla

Reaction score
Falcons need a TD at the end of the game to send it to overtime but come up short. Seahawks 30 Falcons 23. I was leaning towards ATL but it looks like we have our running game back...

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
31-17

Seahawks

I don't see ATL holding up against our pass rush. Last game we absolutely destroyed their o-line. Ryan isn't smooth when he to comes to side stepping our rush.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I must say I do get a kick out of the pendulum that is .NET. After the Arizona loss many predicted a loss to the 2 win Niners and now after a win over the Lions most are picking a win against the 2nd best team in the conference - on the road no less.

Not saying it can't happen, just amusing to see how people react to a single game :lol:

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
The glaring-hole difference-maker in this game is the comparison between the two Defenses.

Seahawks 27
Failcons 13

RTD: 11-5-1

Go Hawks!

AgentDib

Reaction score
I hope most of you realize what a great NFL weekend this is. The Texans game looks like a dud but the other three are dream divisional match ups. I think the slight edge goes to all three home teams (Dallas, KC, Atlanta) but they are all very close coin flips and few neutral fans would be surprised by any outcome.

It's rational to react emotionally to what is basically a coin flip because it determines the fate of the season, but it isn't rational to overreact to it analytically afterwards. I fearlessly predict that three of those fan bases will be showering praise on their team on Monday and three will be looking for scapegoats to blame. There will be little awareness that what makes the NFL great in the first place is the Any Given Saturday uncertainty underlying everything.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
I'm going

Wilson throws one TD to Jimmy, and runs for another but Haush misses the extra point. Rawles runs for another one. Hauska misses one field goal but redeames himself by making three others throughout the game with the game winner! :2thumbs:

Hawks = 29
Falcons = 27

had2bhawk

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":1oad903w said:
Not seeing a lot of fearless predictions in the "fearless prediction" thread. For no rational reason whatsoever, I am calling for a beat down similar to the Saints Playoff game two years back. Seattle's Dline is too much for Ryan and he crumbles early nullifying the absence of E. Thomas. They score once or twice in garbage time.

31-17 Hawks.

This is the area I'm thinking also!

WarHawks

Reaction score
I have been reading all week (by the thousands of falcons on this board right now) about the legendary unstoppable falcons offense, the dual threat, the godlike matty ice, and the impossibly improved falcons defense that will make Russ cry. I have also seen us look like a dumpster fire way too much this year. Win games we probably shouldn't win, get blown out by green bay, some of our offensive calls literally (not literally) made my brain bleed. We are horrible, and you have to be a total idiot not to see that the falcons will destroy us.

Good for me, I have watched the Pete carroll seahawks do these things before, and other teams make the claims the falcons fans on this board are.

This team, for good or bad, plays up or down to the competition, but more often than not, pulls it out when they have to.

We win, and look good doing it. Monday morning, the hawks become a feared team again. Superbowl talk begins anew, and a child is born under the 3rd star on orions belt.

It has been written.

I'm a long time lurker, and this is the best post I've read in a long time.

Defense wins championsips. 34-29 Hawks with a game winning int by Terrell in the final minute.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
jdemps":2c81547l said:
Seahawks have a perfect (7-0) record when Alexander and I watch games together this season. He's skipping work to keep the streak alive.

Seahawks 31
Falcons 27
Right on.

Seahawks also have a perfect (1-0) record when they repeatedly hit Matty into the turf. That D will be watching closely too, every snap!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks 32
Falcon Crest 30

First game we give up 30 but win in a long time. With Prosise back he provides an added wrinkle that Atl isn't quite ready for-similar to the NE game. And I'm getting tired of the media and many fans acting like Atl was 15-1 and some completely unbeatable powerhouse. They were 11-5 and are capable of being defeated tomorrow.

Control the tempo, TOP, get a couple takeaways and for once open up the playbook early and do not at all get conservative on either side of the ball. Rush 5 often, mix in a safety or corner blitz once or twice and on offense, avoid 3rd and longs. This Hawk team is apt to win this and go on a run but it starts with being more aggressive early on, not late in the 3rd qtr. Get it done Pete!

zchurch74

Reaction score
Fearless 27-21 seahawks Seahawks get 5 sacks in first half leading 14-0 at half Atlanta makes strong comeback in the second half but can't convert on 4th &4

Reality 31-24 Atlanta not as close as the score shows. Seahawks score a late touchdown but Atlanta dominates the entire game

Cyrus12

Reaction score
put Ryan on the ground and Hawks will win...if pass rush looks poor then Ryan will pick the secondary apart. Hoping Procise plays. If Hawks play like they can and have a good start they win. A sluggish start imo they will get hammered. Going 31-24 hawks. Hoping Matty Ice shits the bed again in the playoffs. GO HAWKS!!

Latest posts