Feeling Depressed?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I watched every minute of a 2-14 season

I watched Vinnie Testeverde's head be mistaken for a football and us missing the playoffs

I watched Hasselbeck call his shot against GB, then throw a pick ending our season in OT

I watched Ken Behring's moving trucks move my team to California

I watched the refs steal a SB away from us against Pittsburgh

I watched Malcolm Butler rip a SB win right from our hands

This? This doesn't even register on my Hawk depression scale. I love lots of players while they're here. But make no mistake, no player will EVER be more important than my team. I root for the Hawks, I don't root for any player.

Seymour

Reaction score
original poster":21i1qh5j said:
Steve2222":21i1qh5j said:
I feel fine other than the Rams going all in for a championship in 2018.

cold.

They just signed Talib and Peters....he has a valid point. Everything starts in our own division.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I’m depressed. All I can say is get used to 3rd or 4th place in the division.
Bad drafts, bad trades, bad decisions on holding on to failed offfensive coaches, injuries, and age led to this.

John and Pete better have a 2012 like draft coming up or it’s going to be an ugly next 5 years.

They cannot have anymore Malik, C-Mike, Terry Poole etc type reaches/gambles.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1pfj54pb said:

I watched Vinnie Testeverde's head be mistaken for a football and us missing the playoffs

I watched Hasselbeck call his shot against GB, then throw a pick ending our season in OT

This? This doesn't even register on my Hawk depression scale. I love lots of players while they're here. But make no mistake, no player will EVER be more important than my team. I root for the Hawks, I don't root for any player.

I too have been through all of those things and more. And while I agree with your premise that no player will ever be more important than the team, I certainly have and always will root for the players that wear the uniform, especially the ones that have given so much to the franchise.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bxt1cld said:

Totally perfect response!!!

Couldn't agree more. I'm saddened by the loss of both Bennett and Sherman but change happens, and it was time for some major changes.

Go Seahawks!!!

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm not really depressed about change, I'm depressed that there's not a light at the end of the tunnel right now. Schneider's drafts, trades and cap management have been really bad as of late.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":22pnix57 said:
Sgt. Largent":22pnix57 said:

I too have been through all of those things and more. And while I agree with your premise that no player will ever be more important than the team, I certainly have and always will root for the players that wear the uniform, especially the ones that have given so much to the franchise.

It's not a death in the family, Sherman was well compensated while he was here, and now he gets to go play somewhere else, and still get compensated and hopefully recover from his injury and get to play for as long as he can.

And in 10 years he'll come back to raise the flag and still be a part of all the awesome SB winning events the Hawk's will put on going forward.

So yeah I'm bummed he's gone, but that's football.........and he'll come back for the good times.

If I'm being depressed, it's cause we're not very good and who knows if we'll ever get back to another SB. It's not because Sherman's gone.

kf3339

Reaction score
It is a very sad day for me and I would think all 12"S.

But the saddest part of all this is that the coaching staff squandered a legendary defense and came away with only one SB win. Why? Because the offensive coaches and PC/JS allowed it with their nonsensical excuse for an offense. No other way to put it.

This team should have at least 3SB appearances and 2 SB wins at the least. That is not on the defense at all. They did their part.

We know where the blame lies.

Good Luck to Sherman, Bennett, Avril, Kam and possibly Earl wherever they end up. They deserved better.

RCATES

Reaction score
kidhawk":3ked5oy5 said:
Sherman's release is definitely a downer for me. I am not going to hold my breath that they re-sign him at a better deal than he was currently being paid, but I'd be ecstatic if they did. We can't underestimate how much him holding down one side of the field has meant to this defense. He truly was a warrior on the field and I will definitely miss seeing him in a Seahawks uniform every Sunday.

No way Sherman resign's here. A. They insulted him asking him to take a pay cut after his injury. B. Sherm has no faith in Wilson. He believe's he's way over hyped and over paid. I'd agree.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My overiding emotion is one of bemusement, utter bemusement as i cant stop my eyes from rolling like fruit machines at the typical hyperbolic nonesense that bestows itself as critical thought on this messageboard.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm depressed. Love Sherman, but he's more a reminder of how we underachieved and only won one single title with one of the greatest defenses and rosters of all time rather than just feeling down because he the player is leaving. Oh well, back to mediocrity again.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
kf3339":1j8sogyu said:
It is a very sad day for me and I would think all 12"S.

But the saddest part of all this is that the coaching staff squandered a legendary defense and came away with only one SB win. Why, because the offensive coaches and PC/JS allowed it with there nonsensical excuse for an offense. No other way to put it.

This team should have at least 3SB appearances and 2 SB wins at the least. That is not on the defense at all. They did there part.

We know where the blame lies.

Good Luck to Sherman, Bennett, Avril, Kam and possibly Earl wherever they end up. They deserved better.

Amen

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":38a4slgd said:
It's not a death in the family, Sherman was well compensated while he was here, and now he gets to go play somewhere else, and still get compensated and hopefully recover from his injury and get to play for as long as he can.

And in 10 years he'll come back to raise the flag and still be a part of all the awesome SB winning events the Hawk's will put on going forward.

So yeah I'm bummed he's gone, but that's football.........and he'll come back for the good times.

If I'm being depressed, it's cause we're not very good and who knows if we'll ever get back to another SB. It's not because Sherman's gone.

Yeah I agree and that is why I am depressed today. Not because of Sherman in and of himself but because it is the ultimate symbol that the team that brought us our first and only Lombardi might be the only team to deliver one at least in the rest of my lifetime. And shit yeah that's depressing. LOL

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Aros":pbitj47f said:
Sgt. Largent":pbitj47f said:

Yeah I agree and that is why I am depressed today. Not because of Sherman in and of himself but because it is the ultimate symbol that the team that brought us our first and only Lombardi might be the only team to deliver one at least in the rest of my lifetime. And shit yeah that's depressing. LOL

It is, cause in the moment you think it's gonna last forever. That's the bittersweet beauty of sports.

Hello...................reality.

Schadie001

Reaction score
Sherm will be a Seahawk again this year, so I'm not feeling anything. This was nothing more than a business decision to free up space. Sherm in an interview with him said the door is open for him to return. If some team goes crazy and gives him the farm, then ya he probably will take it. Don't see that happening given his injury and age, so I believe he signs a one year deal to return.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Aros":1lookijf said:
For me it's not so much one player but an era that was by far the most successful in Seahawks history that is officially over in my opinion. I do agree it opens up the door to a new era full of new memories and hopefully championships but it's hard to say goodbye to THIS era. Today, for me at least, the LOB ERA is officially over.

100% explains how I have felt since all this became public the last 48 hours

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Schadie001":1kwzbepi said:
Sherm will be a Seahawk again this year, so I'm not feeling anything. This was nothing more than a business decision to free up space. Sherm in an interview with him said the door is open for him to return. If some team goes crazy and gives him the farm, then ya he probably will take it. Don't see that happening given his injury and age, so I believe he signs a one year deal to return.

Out of just about any Hawk player in history, I'd put Sherman right at the top for a player who's ego couldn't handle him coming back on a low one year deal to prove he can still play.

He'll go to the Patriots, or another contender, and relish and bark every single play mocking the Hawks for not believing in him. It's how he's wired.