Feeling Depressed?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":28rqcg3e said:
Foles isn't a great QB.

But he is serviceable.

But you can win with a serviceable QB if you have a great defense now. We won with a freaking QB that could not score a TD for 3 quarters out of 4 and led an offense that literally set records for offensive inefficiency and impotency.

Sure less heroics at the end of the game but if our offense even scores a few times in the first half, less need for heroics.

Damn sight better than Wilson running all over and our defense giving up leads, so we have good excuses for why we lost. We won't win 8 games with that setup, especially if you look at our home schedule next year. You think we go 50/50 with a decimated defense against GB, MN and KC? Maybe SD and Dallas are wins but we very easily could lose 1 of those 2. Wilson cannot carry us through that.

Maybe a good draft could get him some help, but when was the last time we had a good draft?

Trading Wilson was the best chance to reload before Pete has to retire. Now we rebuild for a few years, barely hit .500 and then as things start to fix? We lose our coach and it all goes backwards.

You can bring up Wilson's downfalls and trust me, he has some but that doesn't mean he is the problem. I know stats can be used to fit a narrative but you cannot argue what Russell has done here. What you are purposing is to cut of your nose to spite your face.

Makes me think when you are watching the game and everything that goes wrong you blame Wilson, no matter what.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
seahawkfreak":27hgu2e6 said:
TwistedHusky":27hgu2e6 said:
Foles isn't a great QB.

But he is serviceable.

But you can win with a serviceable QB if you have a great defense now. We won with a freaking QB that could not score a TD for 3 quarters out of 4 and led an offense that literally set records for offensive inefficiency and impotency.

Sure less heroics at the end of the game but if our offense even scores a few times in the first half, less need for heroics.

Damn sight better than Wilson running all over and our defense giving up leads, so we have good excuses for why we lost. We won't win 8 games with that setup, especially if you look at our home schedule next year. You think we go 50/50 with a decimated defense against GB, MN and KC? Maybe SD and Dallas are wins but we very easily could lose 1 of those 2. Wilson cannot carry us through that.

Maybe a good draft could get him some help, but when was the last time we had a good draft?

Trading Wilson was the best chance to reload before Pete has to retire. Now we rebuild for a few years, barely hit .500 and then as things start to fix? We lose our coach and it all goes backwards.

You can bring up Wilson's downfalls and trust me, he has some but that doesn't mean he is the problem. I know stats can be used to fit a narrative but you cannot argue what Russell has done here. What you are purposing is to cut of your nose despite your face.

Makes me think when you are watching the game and everything that goes wrong you blame Wilson, no matter what.

Don't bother, dude truly embodies the 1st half of his username in regards to RW. And I can't tell yet what it is that Russell did to him personally that has him so blind to the reality that Russell Wilson is the best QB this franchise has ever had & likely will be the best for at least a decade after he retires.

Gio

Reaction score
My feelings are mixed... I can't describe actually how i'm feeling , but seeing other teams and our team has made nothing so far , except releasing 3 players, it's a strange emotion. Well, ofc i'm afraid that a good era is over, and we will finish 3rd if not 4th in the upcoming season in our division (no doubt Rams are hella strong, and Niners building something special). But, on the other hand, offseason is not over , draft is not over, so i can't really say what's gonna happen. Ofc we have some cap space issues but our Pete and John should fix it and keep this team competitive. Only time will tell.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
So far their is zip to be positive about. We have no TE....one of the leaders on our defense is gone...the other one wants to go to Dallas...We have no 2nd or 3rd rd pick so no matter what happens our draft will be poor...We are bringing in over the hill bums for visits to likely try to fill a hole for the year...the Rams and Niners will clearly be better this year. Hell....even the Brown's are improving. I think this year will be a tough one but with a better draft position next season and more draft picks hopefully the rebuild is more of a retool.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1f7ycxta said:
Actually that is the thing that bothers me most. It seems like they came into this offseason with no plan.

Instead of decimating our defense, since Pete obviously can win with defense, we should have re-invigorated it.

Wilson should have been traded. I imagine he could get a bundle of picks for him, a starting top tier QB. The Jets and others would pay handily. Then you could use those picks, bundle a few to get Marcus Peters. Bundle a few to get Nick Foles.

That gives you the draft capital to go get a pass rushing end which the draft is thick with, also. And there are some good LBs in the early rounds outside of the 1st.

Of course, we are still surprised that JS blew it on the last draft. If we knew we needed a backup for ET, we should have gone after Budda Baker who is pretty close to same play style. (He made it to Hawaii this year I believe too). But instead we blew it on some moron that might never play football again and doubtful was going to be very good if he did.

This team either needed to reload the defense so Carroll can win with it, or it needed to bring in a new coach. It did neither.

The Vikings showed that a decent QB combined with a great defense can still be competitive. Green Bay shows that a great QB and a team full of holes will not do much of anything. Trading Wilson isn't ideal but given the choice between taking apart our defense and getting rid of Wilson? Should have been a no-brainer.

Now trading Wilson was the no brainer??? LMAO. I agree, only I have a different application for the no brain part. :roll:

Could someone remind us which is harder to find? An all pro DB on the decline, or a top 5-7 franchise QB that can operate and win with a bottom 5 Oline?

12forlife

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":hurgc42z said:
This ranks up with loss to pats ... I feel dead inside . Angry with pete for sure. We should have done more with what we had. Dynasty to this.... just sad.

It's only PC/JS fault for giving into the players for their ridiculous demands. We lost any hope of becoming a dynasty when Chancellor was already the highest paid SS, then only to hold out and demanded more, Instead of PC/JS holding tough/ trading / or flat out cutting him, they caved in. Which then led to our entire Def thinking they were worth top dollar. That is why more then 3/4 of our salary is on Def. So IMHO its as much the players fault as it is the coaches in why we are not the dynasty today in which we all as fans had hoped for, if we really ever want to be a dynasty guys like Sherm 13 mil may have to play for 9 mil, and guys like Bennett instead of 9 mil say 6.5 mil? Only way a dynasty ever happens, and lets be honest that's still stupid money in the real world.

D

DomeHawk

We were all so proud of our coaching/FO after the first SB. The whole country was fascinated by the brilliant job they had done building this team.

then...

They rested on their laurels.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
tacomahawk":st76zra7 said:
I will be honest, I have lost a lot of passion over the last two years in the team, it started with Kam’s holdout. Then came Marshaun’s issues. I mean come on who watches their teammates from a luxury suite, or who doesn’t get on a plane for the playoffs. The Offense was a mess, but I could always depend on the Defense. However the last couple of years I really couldn’t. Blown leads, missed tackles, bad gap control, encroachment. It became hard to watch on the field, and even worse off of it. Sherman, and Bennett, became so distracting, and toxic to me. I honestly am glad they are leaving. The name on the front of the jersey, to me is far more important, than the name on the back. Who knows what the future brings. I will always have amazing memories of this era of Seahawks football, and now it is time for a fresh start. We have a lot of work to do, and I am not very hopeful for this season, or the next, but they are my team and always will be.

Along the same lines of what I was talking about earlier, and I am sure I will take a great amount of flak for this, but what Earl did during the Cowboys game was inexcusable to me. It was enough that I would be in favor of trading him. I don’t want any more distractions, and I also don’t see the situation with him, working out well. Even if he does get paid, I don’t think he wants to be here.
Couldn't have said it better :2thumbs:
I will add; Pete should have reined in the malcontents a few years ago....Do No Harm to the team, I also think that the firing of Cable & Bevell were two years past due.
I loved what Sherman did with his play, but the team could have done without some of the tantrum blow-ups.
I guess it's true what they say "the squeakiest wheels get the grease".
Outstanding plays speak for themselves.
IF Earl Thomas was content, he wouldn't have gotten into a PUBLIC pissing match with Bobby Wagner, and he wouldn't have approached Garrett with that "Come And Get Me" horse crap.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2lgwo085 said:
We were all so proud of our coaching/FO after the first SB. The whole country was fascinated by the brilliant job they had done building this team.

then...

They got complacent. If they would have held the offensive coaches accountable after the “2nd and wrong” the road to where we are now would have provided more fruit.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3kiadono said:
DomeHawk":3kiadono said:

then...

They got complacent. If they would have held the offensive coaches accountable after the “2nd and wrong” the road to where we are now would have provided more fruit.

This in a nutshell and Bevell throwing Lockette under the bus.

The respect of the players for the Offensive Coaches dropped significantly, I am sure there were other things also, two birds flipped by two players at Bevell and Graham pissed off as well at times there are indicators, Sherman calling out Bevell another.

Many here called all this two years ago or longer really, Bevell and Cable were our biggest issues and had PETE'S blessing somehow that they could and would fix things.

Pete is next on the block if he doesn't get the ship stable going forward. You seen how fast Mora was jettisoned with a 2 win season, we may not get that bad but severe regression now will result is a severe change.

rossob

Reaction score
12forlife":2bzxcack said:
hawksincebirth":2bzxcack said:
This ranks up with loss to pats ... I feel dead inside . Angry with pete for sure. We should have done more with what we had. Dynasty to this.... just sad.

It's only PC/JS fault for giving into the players for their ridiculous demands. We lost any hope of becoming a dynasty when Chancellor was already the highest paid SS, then only to hold out and demanded more, Instead of PC/JS holding tough/ trading / or flat out cutting him, they caved in. Which then led to our entire Def thinking they were worth top dollar. That is why more then 3/4 of our salary is on Def. So IMHO its as much the players fault as it is the coaches in why we are not the dynasty today in which we all as fans had hoped for, if we really ever want to be a dynasty guys like Sherm 13 mil may have to play for 9 mil, and guys like Bennett instead of 9 mil say 6.5 mil? Only way a dynasty ever happens, and lets be honest that's still stupid money in the real world.

While I partly agree with you, the players would have just gone somewhere else if we wouldn't have paid them that much. There would have certainly been another team which would have paid them that much or more.
You also can't really expect the players to not want that money. They are putting their health on the line and try to get as much money as they can before their football career is over so they can live a good life after it.

beaumaris

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2dooaijd said:
I feel indifferent.

I think the only time I was ever sad over an individual player was when Largent retired. Getting rid of stars means we get to recreate new stars.

I'm with you J. :2thumbs:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Depressed? Far from it! I’m excited for a new version of the Seahawks. Haven’t enjoyed watching them much since the play. Just top down ineptitude since then. Has nothing to do with protests/off the field activities, I really couldn’t care less about that. I didn’t like the style of play nor team philosophy.

I’d love to dump Carroll, but that won’t happen for another two years. Feels somewhat blasphemous saying that, but at this point he just comes across as a phony.

Enjoyed the ride, though!

SeaChat

Reaction score
I am not a Seahawk fan, I am a Seahawk Freak and anyone who knows me will verify that claim. I've followed this team from the very first day that they announced the creation of an NFL team in Seattle on the front page of my hometown Sunday newspaper, that I read in an Army barracks TV room where I was posted in the Army at the time.
I can honestly say that I've watched every single game the Seahawks have ever played to include preseason.

The Seattle Seahawks are more than a football team for me, they are a living breathing entity, with a spirit and character all their own, that separates them from mediocrity, and that established them, as the most passionately followed professional sports team in the world. There is no other fan base like the Seahawks 12th Man. It's only natural that when you are as heart and soul connected to this team and it's players, as so many of us have become over the years, that when people leave, it feels like we are losing a long time friend, or in some cases like a family member, because we are.

Over the past 40 years I've seen a lot of changes, and I guess I accept that its inevitable, but it never seems to hurt any less to see these folks come and go. This year has been tougher than most because this is the core of players that brought home the Super Bowl Championship to Seattle, and gave many of us, what we had waited a life time to experience. I cried the day we won the Super Bowl, because it was a life long dream come true and having nearly died of a heart attack a short time before that day, I remembered thinking to myself that I might very likely go to my grave having been a Seahawk fan my whole life, and not ever known what it would be like to experience winning it all. God it felt incredibly good. It was, without a doubt one of the single greatest moments of my life.

This is a crazy and wonderful team that has a tremendously committed bunch of people behind it, that want nothing more than for the Seahawks to experience continued success and to keep our hopes and dreams of future championships and Super Bowl challenges alive. I have to trust that at the end of the day, someone has to make the tough decisions about matters of business and separate themselves from all the emotional ties with the fans and players and the powers that be have selected people who are qualified to make those tough choices for all of us, who are too emotionally tied to our team to be objective.

I can't help but remember last season, with the forming of all the vigilante committees, following our losses, wherein it seem the same members were calling for the heads of various coaches and players alike, who in their assessments, failed to perform up to their expectations. I always wanted to believe that the head honchos that run the show, didn't put much stock in what the disgruntled fans, and social media had to say, or wanted done in response to these sorts of things, but as I've seen things unfold following this last season, it's become painfully obvious that they do listen to what is said in here and it does influence their decision making at the end of the day.

I always reminded folks that this was the case, and I guess intellectually I knew it to be true, because of references I'd heard coaches and commentators make about some of the things we had discussed in this forum. I was probably being naive in thinking that they would actually make choices and decisions based on our feedback in this forum. I sleep well at night knowing that I was the one who always came to the defense of everyone under attack, except Blair Walsh, bring on the guillotine lol, hang him high. I'll buy his bus ticket out of town and back to Kansas with Dorthy, the Tin Man and the rest of that bunch.

So far it seems, at least to me, that the coaches and players that were targeted repeatedly by the forum vigilante committee regulars are the sames ones, almost to a man, that have been sent packing and looking for new homes around the league. While a good many of us are saddened by the departures of many of our Seahawk brothers, I can't help but think that there are just as many or more that are feeling a sense of satisfaction in that their efforts apparently paid off. I guess somewhere in the middle of all that thinking I have to concede that perhaps both sides were right, and that some are more capable of unbiased thinking than others and are not as easily influenced by their feelings and attachments to the team.

At the end of the day I'm glad that some didn't get their way with the removal and replacement of Pete Carroll and John Schneider, that Duo, in my opinion, is the best thing that has ever happened to the Seattle Seahawks . They breathed life back into a team that was gasping for new life, hope, and promise, and they delivered all that and then some to the Seahawks and their fans. If some of you are thinking that Pete and John can't pull the old Seahawk of the Ashes and give them their wings back, you are in for one hell of a surprise and eye opening experience in 2018 - 2019, cause "the Northwest is gonna do it again".

A little off topic, but maybe not, we all need to Look for Shaquem Griffin, to be grabbed up early by the Seahawks in the draft. I have never felt so strongly about anything or any player as I do Shaq, this Kid is a once in a life time gift to the world, and I pray that John and Pete have the wisdom, and foresight to recognize it. This is the stuff that dreams are made of and the kind of magnetic energy that the Seahawks have always thrived on, and that has historically pushed them to levels of greatness that they were not themselves aware of being capable of achieving.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Indifferent

Felt worse when lynch left.

Neither were even close to feeling when Griffey signed with Cincinnati. He was icon, and maybe greatest to ever play game. I don't see Sherman in that category even though we don't win SB without him.

He had a bad Achilles injury and is approaching 30 so I understand this.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Yes I'm depressed.

Depressed we didn't do this last season when we woulda got a kings bounty from someone.

Ugh. Feels like we're just behind the curve on every deal or signing anymore.

strohmin

Reaction score
Sherman single handedly put Seattle on the map where the entire nation had to recognize us. I really can't believe he is gone. He is gonna make us pay when he plays us and I don't see us being a contender because we will never have a defense like the one we had and Russell hasn't shown that he can carry a team to the promise land.