Feeling Depressed?

raisethe3

Reaction score
I am sadden that LOB era is over. I am still in a bit shocked about the decision as well. Thought they were intend on keeping him in the final year of contract.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
Doesn't matter how much I try to quantify what is going on or try to better understand. I'm not happy about this. I knew it was going to come, it always does but this sucks. There is no other way to see it.

I wish Sherm, Lane, Bennett and everyone else impacted the best (outside of football if they end up on other teams). I'm still a hawks fan but right now, I'm glad the weather is improving so I can golf.

Decimation

Reaction score
This sucks. I’ve been a fan since 2005, conveniently the year we went to our first Super Bowl, and seeing him leave hurts because I really enjoyed watching the way he played the game. I wish him success elsewhere but I’m at a loss of words. If this is good in the long run of things, then I’m for it.

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
This ranks up with loss to pats ... I feel dead inside . Angry with pete for sure. We should have done more with what we had. Dynasty to this.... just sad.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Yes! LOL.

It's interesting to watch the various stages of grief play out on this board. For a while, I was stuck in "anger stage" at the lack of compensation received for giving up Michael Bennett and Richard Sherman. Now, many are seeking realistic solutions. I'm hoping Sheldon Richardson and Byron Maxwell are re-signed. We'll see.

13512733 f520

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":5kl7tqdg said:
I’m depressed. All I can say is get used to 3rd or 4th place in the division.
Bad drafts, bad trades, bad decisions on holding on to failed offfensive coaches, injuries, and age led to this.

John and Pete better have a 2012 like draft coming up or it’s going to be an ugly next 5 years.

They cannot have anymore Malik, C-Mike, Terry Poole etc type reaches/gambles.
Man, Terry Poole was such a bad pick. This team needed O-line hello in the worst way that off-season, and what do they do? They make Terry Poole their first of 3 offensive linemen picked in that draft. His draft profile projected him as a 7th round pick. He doesn't get enough recognition as a failed reach.

But to the actual point of the thread, I'm a Seahawks fan, not an individual player fan. That being said, I still have my favorites. I am a little upset about Sherman's release. He is still elite, and up until this injury, he had been an iron Man. I think his combination of elite tackling and coverage skills (not what they once were, but still extremely good) are why I consider him the best CB in the game. It will be hard for me to see him end up on another team. It will be even harder to see if his recovery goes smoothly and he ends up being a difference maker for that team.

As far as his outspokenness? I loved it. Every bit of it. He had the gall to call it exactly like it was when no one else did. Instead of trying to fix the ills of SB49, John, Pete, and the rest of the staff stood pat. They didn't try to fix anything. And Sherm called them on it. Repeatedly. His passion can't be denied.

Like I said, I'm a Seahawks fan first, but that doesn't mean I'm upset when changed of this magnitude are made.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Winning cures all. This is going to be an exciting draft, offseason, preseason and season. No more the window is closing. Now everything positive that happens with our team will be exciting. We are in a better position than 2010 and I fully expect great things to come. We are still in the Golden Era of Seahawk fandom.

rossob

Reaction score
I am sad. I've only started watching football a few years ago, so the LOB era is all I really know, and now it's over.
I think it was a beautiful time and hope to one day witness another Seahawks team that is as special as this one was. But I'm not holding my breath. They were truly exceptional.

I think they are going to suck for some time, and since I'm living in the EU this probably means I won't watch all those late games which start at 10:30pm/2:30 am here. On the bright side, this will lead to more sleep and more productive days during the football season.

The main positive I can take away from this is that it lowers the expectations. Remember all these posts about how we underachieve with our great roster. That won't be the case anymore. Now I can lean back, without any expectations about how good we should be and just enjoy the games and smile when some player does something unexpectedly awesome.

vigilantgrrl

Reaction score
I am both depressed and angry. I was a big time Sherm fan from the beginning and he was my adopt a rookie from the time of his first pre-season camp. Then, he finally got his shot in the Bengals game and was unbelievable! I agree with the sentiment that the defense was failed by Pete and should have had more Superbowl victories. This defense was also failed by our pathetic offense, and the amount of time the defense had to be on the field certainly did not help. I don't know why folks were irritated by Sherman's passion on the sidelines the season before last. He was calling it the way many of us saw it, re: Bevell. But Pete waited too long to pull the trigger and get rid of his inept coaches. I am not looking forward to the next few seasons. We will be doomed if we pay Wilson $30 million + . We will see just how average Wilson is without a dominant defense. I will take the swagger and passion of Sherman any day over the total fake image Wilson projects.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Actually that is the thing that bothers me most. It seems like they came into this offseason with no plan.

Instead of decimating our defense, since Pete obviously can win with defense, we should have re-invigorated it.

Wilson should have been traded. I imagine he could get a bundle of picks for him, a starting top tier QB. The Jets and others would pay handily. Then you could use those picks, bundle a few to get Marcus Peters. Bundle a few to get Nick Foles.

That gives you the draft capital to go get a pass rushing end which the draft is thick with, also. And there are some good LBs in the early rounds outside of the 1st.

Of course, we are still surprised that JS blew it on the last draft. If we knew we needed a backup for ET, we should have gone after Budda Baker who is pretty close to same play style. (He made it to Hawaii this year I believe too). But instead we blew it on some moron that might never play football again and doubtful was going to be very good if he did.

This team either needed to reload the defense so Carroll can win with it, or it needed to bring in a new coach. It did neither.

The Vikings showed that a decent QB combined with a great defense can still be competitive. Green Bay shows that a great QB and a team full of holes will not do much of anything. Trading Wilson isn't ideal but given the choice between taking apart our defense and getting rid of Wilson? Should have been a no-brainer.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm depressed. :(

Sherman was an amazing player here, and I loved his personality. I don't think a lot of people here realize just how instrumental his mouth was in the early years of his career for helping to get us national respect. How long has it been since we've had to bitch and moan about legitimate "being ignored because we're in South Alaska" gripes?

Y'all better recognize. Sherman did more for Seattle than what we saw during the games, and I'm not talking about charitable acts.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
King Dog":190fgjxm said:
I'm not really depressed about change, I'm depressed that there's not a light at the end of the tunnel right now. Schneider's drafts, trades and cap management have been really bad as of late.

I hate to admit it, but that's about where I'm at right now.

Mick063

Reaction score
The Legion of Boom was the face of the franchise.

It is has expired.

The end of a great era.

It is a very sad day.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Of course I feel depressed.

Sherman was special. I remember his rookie year, watching him battle AJ Green and realizing we had a star in the making. I remember him asking random people who they thought was better, him or Revis. I remember him calling out Megatron. I remember the Houston Pick Six, I remember the Happy Birthday Harbaugh. And I remember the Tip, which had me on the ground screaming in joy.

Sherman embodied so much of what I loved about this run and, even though I think it's time to change things up, it's still hard to see him go.

So yeah, pretty depressed about it. (Even if there's a chance he might come back)

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Yxes1122":20qmlfd0 said:
Of course I feel depressed.

Sherman was special. I remember his rookie year, watching him battle AJ Green and realizing we had a star in the making. I remember him asking random people who they thought was better, him or Revis. I remember him calling out Megatron. I remember the Houston Pick Six, I remember the Happy Birthday Harbaugh. And I remember the Tip, which had me on the ground screaming in joy.

Sherman embodied so much of what I loved about this run and, even though I think it's time to change things up, it's still hard to see him go.

So yeah, pretty depressed about it. (Even if there's a chance he might come back)

Hah! Optimus Prime and Shoeless Dick Sherman. Great memories.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Fortunately for me (or unfortunately) I have some family drama that has put A LOT of stuff on the back burner. But the honest truth is that this sucks. People claiming to solely root for the 'team' and not specific players are full of shit. And they know it.

chris98251

Reaction score
111013-FFD_LEGION-OF-BOOM_V-MON-CQ-PI-CH.jpg

They need to put a Statue of these guys in the Plaza as you walk in the Stadium.

adeltaY

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ifzk5ia said:
Actually that is the thing that bothers me most. It seems like they came into this offseason with no plan.

Instead of decimating our defense, since Pete obviously can win with defense, we should have re-invigorated it.

Wilson should have been traded. I imagine he could get a bundle of picks for him, a starting top tier QB. The Jets and others would pay handily. Then you could use those picks, bundle a few to get Marcus Peters. Bundle a few to get Nick Foles.

That gives you the draft capital to go get a pass rushing end which the draft is thick with, also. And there are some good LBs in the early rounds outside of the 1st.

Of course, we are still surprised that JS blew it on the last draft. If we knew we needed a backup for ET, we should have gone after Budda Baker who is pretty close to same play style. (He made it to Hawaii this year I believe too). But instead we blew it on some moron that might never play football again and doubtful was going to be very good if he did.

This team either needed to reload the defense so Carroll can win with it, or it needed to bring in a new coach. It did neither.

The Vikings showed that a decent QB combined with a great defense can still be competitive. Green Bay shows that a great QB and a team full of holes will not do much of anything. Trading Wilson isn't ideal but given the choice between taking apart our defense and getting rid of Wilson? Should have been a no-brainer.

Funny, the Packers and Vikings got just as far as each other in the past two seasons and both got destroyed in the NFC championship game.

Why would we want Nick Foles? Is Schotty going to become a Pederson level play caller? Is our o line even close to as good as theirs?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Foles isn't a great QB.

But he is serviceable.

But you can win with a serviceable QB if you have a great defense now. We won with a freaking QB that could not score a TD for 3 quarters out of 4 and led an offense that literally set records for offensive inefficiency and impotency.

Sure less heroics at the end of the game but if our offense even scores a few times in the first half, less need for heroics.

Damn sight better than Wilson running all over and our defense giving up leads, so we have good excuses for why we lost. We won't win 8 games with that setup, especially if you look at our home schedule next year. You think we go 50/50 with a decimated defense against GB, MN and KC? Maybe SD and Dallas are wins but we very easily could lose 1 of those 2. Wilson cannot carry us through that.

Maybe a good draft could get him some help, but when was the last time we had a good draft?

Trading Wilson was the best chance to reload before Pete has to retire. Now we rebuild for a few years, barely hit .500 and then as things start to fix? We lose our coach and it all goes backwards.