Fight Hunger Bowl: BYU vs. Washington

Msfann

Reaction score
SeatownJay":12anowol said:
Good God, Washington's tackling sucks tonight.

They seem to be working really hard for the strip instead of taking guys down, its giving up a lot of first downs. Then again Washington is winning still so whatever works.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
And the third quarter is just like the first. Impressive first drive on offense, then nothing. And the defense continues to be abused by Hill. If BYU's receivers could catch the ball and stay inbounds, they'd be winning this game.

Msfann

Reaction score
What a crock. that should be Husky ball still. such bs.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Someone needs to tell the Washington defenders that Hill isn't going to go down if you just slap him with one hand.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Nice way to end the season, and I hope Tui takes the offer to stay on Petersen's staff. He's a good guy.

Msfann

Reaction score
Its got to suck to lose a bowl game to a guy who has never coached a game in his life. I'm kinda surprised byu didn't try to confuse him.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
For all the bitching people did about Washington's defense, they kept them out of the endzone and dominated in the 2nd half.

Sucks to not see Price finish the game after that cheap shot. Dude should have been ejected. Bullshit.

kearly

Reaction score
Washington's offense with Cyler Miles tonight was pretty much a whole lot of nothing with one very nice run and two nice passes. Washington just can't seem to move the ball when Miles is in there, and they only seem to score when he gets a very short field.

Next season could be painful. Very glad UW took advantage of this opportunity to get to 9 wins. I don't think next year's team comes even close to that unless Petersen intervenes at QB.

Also, I liked this officiating crew, but there were three times those female refs spotted a ball a yard or more short of where it should have been. One of those instances indirectly led to a punt late in the game.

Kyle Van Noy is better than I gave him credit for. I think he's a legit NFL LB. I think I'd grade him in the 3rd round now after seeing how "big" he plays, he plays bigger than his slim build would infer.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Thought this was cool. Haven't heard from him for awhile. :thumbup:

Pastor Napoleon ‏@napoleonkaufman 17m
#BOWDOWN ……WOOF!
Retweeted by UW Football

HawkWow

Reaction score
SeatownJay":zpoqu8yo said:
Taysom Hill is making the Husky defense look silly.

Throw some weight on this kid and he'd be a helluva TE. I wouldn't have been offended if he were awarded MVP, even in defeat. Nice win by our Dawgs and we go into 2014 on a rare positive note and with (Id suspect) the return of Kasen, loaded at WR.

Who thinks Shelton returns?

zifnab32

Reaction score
HawkWow":1cpb7s9v said:
SeatownJay":1cpb7s9v said:

Throw some weight on this kid and he'd be a helluva TE. I wouldn't have been offended if he were awarded MVP, even in defeat. Nice win by our Dawgs and we go into 2014 on a rare positive note and with (Id suspect) the return of Kasen, loaded at WR.

Shelton has already announced he's staying at UW next year

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I like the fact that Tui was acting coach. Kinda wish that Petersen was in Hawaii for the BSU game and oversaw a possible win. It may have changed things.?? I agree in that I hope that Tui stays with Pete at UW.

HawkWow

Reaction score
zifnab32":2skwikb9 said:
HawkWow":2skwikb9 said:
SeatownJay":2skwikb9 said:

Shelton has already announced he's staying at UW next year

Great news. Was this announcement made after Sark's defection and with the understanding Wilcox would likely be gone as well? Unsure if Wilcox's departure will change his mind, but similar things happen with regularity. Another year under his (sizable) belt and he's got first round written all over him, IMO.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":gb3nrz9g said:
I like the fact that Tui was acting coach. Kinda wish that Petersen was in Hawaii for the BSU game and oversaw a possible win. It may have changed things.?? I agree in that I hope that Tui stays with Pete at UW.

Me too. Tui gave us many a great moment and I hope last night's wasn't his last. USC??

C'mon Tui, it just ain't Dawg-like. Don't do it.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope that Tui stays on the UW staff in some capacity. The players seem to really love the guy.

Latest posts