Final Thoughts

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was as shocked as anyone in how poorly we played in the first half. You don't spot a 15-1 team 30 points in the first half and expect to win. It proved to be too much of a deficit even for a team like the Seahawks who you can never count out of any game under any circumstances.

My hat's off to the Panthers for coming out and absolutely punching us in the mouth. They weren't just winning in the trenches, they were destroying the trenches. I cannot figure out why we looked so bad in that first half. What a shame because had we even played average in the first half we would have won this game.

Clock management is horrific. Absolutely horrific. Look, it's easy to type emotionally after a disappointing loss in the playoffs but I cannot quite get over how poorly they looked in every phase. There was comments about how loose they looked before the game. Maybe too loose. I won't say they underestimated the Panthers, I just think they expected to play much better and for whatever reason, we couldn't get going. We could not match their intensity, not by a mile.

In the end, they gave themselves too much of a mountain to climb to win the game. I'm proud of them for fighting back and making it interesting in the end but we were beat by a better team today and I can live with that.

I've never wanted to punch somebody in the face as much as I wanted to Cam Newton. Watching his big smug smiley face and arrogant smirks made me want to throw a brick at the TV. Still, I give credit to them for taking it to us for at least the first half, which proved to be all they needed.

Our OL was overwhelmed and it showed in Russ' poor throws. He snapped out of it more or less but he never quite looked himself today.

Still, my head is up. Very proud of our team and what they accomplished this season, especially considering their poor start. This is not a team on the downside, far from. We still have many years of great football ahead.

Onward 12's! Head's High!

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was saving my new avatar for the victory but what the Hell. We need all we can get to feel good today.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Great post, and amazing Avatar. Thank you.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Aros":4epqeodp said:
I was saving my new avatar for the victory but what the Hell. We need all we can get to feel good today.
You mean that hot chick in your avatar isn't you? How naive of me.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
My fear, in the wake of this and last year, is that: this is it This is as good as we get: perennial contenders without every reaching the top again. Peyton (probably) only won one. Rodgers so far has only won one. Wilson and this defense are great, but until we see the kind of killer instinct you see out of dynasty coaches, I just don't see us barreling through the competition again.

A team so talented has never been such a threat to lose every time they take the field as the Seahawks are.

And the problem is that because we keep it "close enough," we fool ourselves into thinking we don't need to make changes. Part of me wishes we'd missed the playoffs so that we'd have an excuse to start axing coaches.

Crizilla

Reaction score
What was with the 4th and 5 slant route for 4 yards? That's my final thought.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Thinking this was a reboot year for us. If that's true, maybe instead of our window closing, we are just getting ready to open it wide open again.

chris98251

Reaction score
As much as I would like to be in the dance again, getting some additional rest, healed up, having a chip put back on our shoulder, and having time to analyze our season and what we need to retool to come out with a vengeance next year isn't such a bad thing.

We have played more games with less rest then any team the last two years, we will be back and have our tude back I think going forward.

Sign37now

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":vdrwpz9g said:
Thinking this was a reboot year for us. If that's true, maybe instead of our window closing, we are just getting ready to open it wide open again.

Nothing will be opening wide for this team until they address the Oline. Has to the absolute TOP priority this offseason. Those several weeks when they looked and played good we looked unbeatable. Today...Ugghhh

JustTheTip

Reaction score
chris98251":1cvxwbb9 said:
As much as I would like to be in the dance again, getting some additional rest, healed up, having a chip put back on our shoulder, and having time to analyze our season and what we need to retool to come out with a vengeance next year isn't such a bad thing.

We have played more games with less rest then any team the last two years, we will be back and have our tude back I think going forward.

Maybe the chip returns, but I believe this group of players is done fully buying into Pete's philosophy. Pete relies on buy in more than other coaches do and he undermined himself with how Bevell has been handled. I believe that Bevell being allowed to throw his players under the bus after costing the team the Super Bowl has been as large a factor as anything this year. It lost us Kam and it lost us what little bit of Lynch we had left and that cascaded down the rest of the team.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Great post Aros.
Get the o-line better, especially the interior part so Russ can step up into pockets more readily as he did against teams with crappy interior d-lines, keep Rawls healthy and learn to cover a damned TE and we're contending for Owls for a long time.

kearly

Reaction score
The Seahawks are a team that dominates in normal game conditions, but are vulnerable in weird games. This was a season full of weird games. And the weird games continued into the postseason.

I am extremely excited for next season. Not only will it probably be a better team, but I can't imagine Seattle having two snakebit seasons back to back.

Vikes45

Reaction score
Seahawks made enough mistakes to hand the win to the 2nd best team on the field today. I think it's too bad for NFL fans that we won't get to see them destroy the Cardinals next week.

Now I think the Cards have a chance. Good run Seahawk Fans, nothing to be ashamed of.

soje

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic... where do you guys get those pictures of hot chick's asses in Seahawks gear? Is there a special place in the internet for pictures like that?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I see this game being like the Atlanta game. Hawks get the reminder of how tough it is to do 3 games on the road. This off-season they shed a little bit of dead weight and shore up the Oline. And BOOM!

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
kearly":1v06sg4e said:
The Seahawks are a team that dominates in normal game conditions, but are vulnerable in weird games. This was a season full of weird games. And the weird games continued into the postseason.

I am extremely excited for next season. Not only will it probably be a better team, but I can't imagine Seattle having two snakebit seasons back to back.
Yeah, there's still plenty of reason for optimism for the foreseeable future. Still just early on in the Russell Wilson era, Tyler Lockett is a player, Rawls should continue where he left off prior to the injury, should be better prepared how to effectively utilize Jimmy Graham, etc.

If there's some way to address the slow starts, they should be all for it. Improve in the trenches?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bitter":2b7qfhhp said:
chris98251":2b7qfhhp said:

Maybe the chip returns, but I believe this group of players is done fully buying into Pete's philosophy. Pete relies on buy in more than other coaches do and he undermined himself with how Bevell has been handled. I believe that Bevell being allowed to throw his players under the bus after costing the team the Super Bowl has been as large a factor as anything this year. It lost us Kam and it lost us what little bit of Lynch we had left and that cascaded down the rest of the team.
He never threw anyone under the bus. You are completely wrong

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Tech Worlds":c56o9jpg said:
Aros":c56o9jpg said:
You mean that hot chick in your avatar isn't you? How naive of me.

Yeah, I also don't go by "ArosGal" either. :roll:

London12

Reaction score
We will hopefully have Graham and Rawls back next year too. Major weapons.