Final Thoughts

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":t0fdhc9m said:
Bitter":t0fdhc9m said:
Keep telling yourself he is anything more than mediocre as an NFL OC as while we waste years with talent that would guarantee the Patriots a title.
Waste years with talent? I'm only going to guess you are delusional from the loss, which I understand, but the offense Bevell oversees had an epic run to close the season and that's what I foresee for the future of our team. You really need to deflect you blame elsewhere at this juncture

And then collapsed. I will concede he called some really nice games in the second half of the season. You will get that from anybody who occupies a job like that at any point. If you didn't get at least flashes, they wouldn't have the job to begin with. And I don't have to deflect my blame elsewhere, in my opinion it is focused exactly in the correct place.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bitter":1vgv68sf said:
Siouxhawk":1vgv68sf said:
Bitter":1vgv68sf said:
Keep telling yourself he is anything more than mediocre as an NFL OC as while we waste years with talent that would guarantee the Patriots a title.
Waste years with talent? I'm only going to guess you are delusional from the loss, which I understand, but the offense Bevell oversees had an epic run to close the season and that's what I foresee for the future of our team. You really need to deflect you blame elsewhere at this juncture

And then collapsed. I will concede he called some really nice games in the second half of the season. You will get that from anybody who occupies a job like that at any point. If you didn't get at least flashes, they wouldn't have the job to begin with. And I don't have to deflect my blame elsewhere, in my opinion it is focused exactly in the correct place.
You can keep your opinion. I prefer to maintain continuity in the staff and concentrate on solidifying the line

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":24txu4ai said:
Bitter":24txu4ai said:
Siouxhawk":24txu4ai said:
Bitter":24txu4ai said:

You can keep your opinion. I prefer to maintain continuity in the staff and concentrate on solidifying the line

I prefer to see talent being utilized to its fullest potential.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2eaknlw1 said:
Bitter":2eaknlw1 said:
Siouxhawk":2eaknlw1 said:
Bitter":2eaknlw1 said:

Pete will undoubtedly do what's best for the team.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":b6b6wu80 said:
Bitter":b6b6wu80 said:
And Siouxhawk here to say "Bev" gives the Hawks the best chance to do so in 5-4-3-2..............

Siouxhawk":b6b6wu80 said:
Pete will undoubtedly do what's best for the team.

I was close. :0190l:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
seedhawk":2mmw8tve said:
My final thought is, if we don't spot them 10 points on 2 crappy interceptions, this game probably plays out way differently. It is what it is however.

I agree. Those INTs were the difference in this game.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Our epic run coincided with playing crappy defenses. I still need to see this offense be effective against good defenses before I will say it's arrived. Even today it sucked until the Panthers went soft in the second half.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Aros":t80it1kh said:
soje":t80it1kh said:
Slightly off-topic... where do you guys get those pictures of hot chick's asses in Seahawks gear? Is there a special place in the internet for pictures like that?

Your girlfriend sends them to me.

ZING! Sorry! Couldn't help myself. under-handing softballs and all. ;)

Seriously though, try Googling "Hot chicks wearing Seahawks gear" or similar. It definitely beats reading post game comments from players and coaches after a loss.

I can guarantee one thing....this same female ass will change dramatically in the next 50 years!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Bitter":2nh4bsek said:
Aros":2nh4bsek said:
austinslater25":2nh4bsek said:
I though Wilson played his ass off in the second half as well as the rest of the offense. Excited for next year and this team is far from done. A lot of good football these next few years.

Agreed, but where was that effort in the first half? Did the Panthers punch in the mouth just have us seeing that cross-eyed for 30 minutes? This is the mystery to me.

Wilson was the same as Luck in this game. Mostly responsible for the hole he was in. Even in the second half he wasn't really right, making poor decisions (like running out of bounds for a 1 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away when time was at a premium) and having to get bailed out by extra effort by his receivers. I will give that the OL did him no favors today. Please also note that this is in reference to this game only and not a reflection of how I feel about Wilson in general.

RussB":2nh4bsek said:
I dont think the panthers are better team, we just had a terrible first half and came up short in the end after dominating the second half and scoring 24 unanswered points.. But they beat us fair and square.

been a great season though. looking forward to next season already.

Seahawks dominated the 2nd half only because Carolina spent the 2nd half playing not to lose.

One of the few qualities I like about Bellichick is that he plays to kick the crap out of the other team from kick off to the last play of the game.
How do you know we didn't just dominate them in the 2nd half?You just assume they wasn't trying.There is no way they would just let the Hawks get back in like it was some strategy,that would be just plain stupid.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1fbxbu7m said:
Bitter":1fbxbu7m said:
Aros":1fbxbu7m said:
austinslater25":1fbxbu7m said:
I though Wilson played his ass off in the second half as well as the rest of the offense. Excited for next year and this team is far from done. A lot of good football these next few years.

Agreed, but where was that effort in the first half? Did the Panthers punch in the mouth just have us seeing that cross-eyed for 30 minutes? This is the mystery to me.

Wilson was the same as Luck in this game. Mostly responsible for the hole he was in. Even in the second half he wasn't really right, making poor decisions (like running out of bounds for a 1 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away when time was at a premium) and having to get bailed out by extra effort by his receivers. I will give that the OL did him no favors today. Please also note that this is in reference to this game only and not a reflection of how I feel about Wilson in general.

RussB":1fbxbu7m said:
I dont think the panthers are better team, we just had a terrible first half and came up short in the end after dominating the second half and scoring 24 unanswered points.. But they beat us fair and square.

Seahawks dominated the 2nd half only because Carolina spent the 2nd half playing not to lose.

One of the few qualities I like about Bellichick is that he plays to kick the crap out of the other team from kick off to the last play of the game.
How do you know we didn't just dominate them in the 2nd half?You just assume they wasn't trying.There is no way they would just let the Hawks get back in like it was some strategy,that would be just plain stupid.

The strategy wasn't to let the Hawks back into it, the strategy was to minimize the risk. 90+% of the time that is was teams not name the Patriots do with a halftime lead like that.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's true. Unless you are the Belichick-led Patriots, most teams go into self-preservation mode to try to hold onto the lead to win a game. It's a gad-awful way of doing things but it happens to be the way MOST NFL teams do it. This is not to minimize what the Seahawks were capable of doing in the second half - In fact, I feel the Panthers were on their heels a bit - but there was no doubt in my mind that the Panthers looked at the scoreboard and played the odds.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
My final thought, although it may go unoticed, is...
We now know for sure what Wilson can do through all facets of offense. We may have believed it and preached it but it is now in the form of fact through stats and performance. Now he needs the proper protection. With the core of the defense signed to a solid time period they should be able to address the offense and the personality of the team may start to shift in say 3 years. Getting ahead. Just get Wilson protection so he can have an "ahead".

chris98251

Reaction score
Starting with hurry up quick passing offense and then abandoning it is on Bevell, we got momentum and then wasted it by going back to the standard offense.

Maybe it happened to fast and he got comfortable, but we need a killer instinct on the offense, Bevell, Carroll or both, that needs to change, I can't think that Pete said take your foot off the gas still down three scores.

Seafan

Reaction score
What was Bevell thinking? Let's go back to the slow developing passes against one of the best DL in the league. Let's run Marshawn on the first play because our OL is so good at run blocking and will punch holes in the best front 7 in football. Everyone in the world knew Lynch was getting that football. Bevell proved he could do a better job calling plays, he did in the second half. What frustrates me is why he waits until the game is over. He should have started off with the quick rhythm offense and blended in the old stuff.

That's 4 straight playoff games that RW has played poorly. As much as he has improved as a pocket passer he still has some issues. Someone else pointed out how poorly he plays in the first quarter of most playoff games.

Russ did play hard. He was gassed out there several times. Seems with his slow starts that Bevell would have figured out something else to get him into the game sooner.

For a coach like Pete who seems to pride himself with attention to details there are many things that other coaches like Belichek and Fisher seem to do better. The field was horrible and the defense needed to change their shoes after that attrocious start. The clock management stuff seems to be happening way too much. It was also very apparent that the 10:00 stuff was affecting the team the last two weeks.

I'm still In. I love this team. Looking forward to next season.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Bitter":1z9j94tr said:
Aros":1z9j94tr said:
austinslater25":1z9j94tr said:

RussB":1z9j94tr said:

First off Wilson was not the same as Luck not even clos , unlike Luck both of Wilsons passes came as he was hit, and in the first Ints case the receiver, Lynch ran the wrong route. as to the bailed out and crap yeah no other Qb ever gets help form his Wr. I Ido note this post was about this game, and I will also note this post was dumb and wrong post.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Seafan":3460s7r5 said:
What was Bevell thinking? Let's go back to the slow developing passes against one of the best DL in the league. Let's run Marshawn on the first play because our OL is so good at run blocking and will punch holes in the best front 7 in football. Everyone in the world knew Lynch was getting that football. Bevell proved he could do a better job calling plays, he did in the second half. What frustrates me is why he waits until the game is over. He should have started off with the quick rhythm offense and blended in the old stuff.

That's 4 straight playoff games that RW has played poorly. As much as he has improved as a pocket passer he still has some issues. Someone else pointed out how poorly he plays in the first quarter of most playoff games.

Russ did play hard. He was gassed out there several times. Seems with his slow starts that Bevell would have figured out something else to get him into the game sooner.

For a coach like Pete who seems to pride himself with attention to details there are many things that other coaches like Belichek and Fisher seem to do better. The field was horrible and the defense needed to change their shoes after that attrocious start. The clock management stuff seems to be happening way too much. It was also very apparent that the 10:00 stuff was affecting the team the last two weeks.

I'm still In. I love this team. Looking forward to next season.

Your answer to slow starts is on phrase "scripted plays". Today add to that going back to the first half of the season slow developing play offense for the first half of the game. PC and Bevell have said it they like to script their first bunch of plays and probe the defense and then make adjustments, Guess what that makes for slow starts. FYI 4 straight playoff games were he played badly?

Hmm lets see

Today Qb rating 91.1 which is good, 398 of offense though he did make some mistakes and had help doing it
MInn agreed he played bad. colder than crap
SB 110.6 Qb rating only 1 mistake on a horrible play call
GB he played bad, rain rain go away well that and 3 dropped passes that turned into ints (Kearse)

Interesting the 2 bad games were is very bad weather. The 2 good games not so much. So sorry he has not played bad ion the last 4, he played bad in 2 of the last 4.