Finally, we can begin the process of renovating this team

jeremiah

Reaction score
New Coach, co-ordinators, and trade away all the stars you need to. Rebuild this team from the bottom up. Keep Lockett and DK, a couple of young defenders and O linemen. We need to rebuild before we find the right QB to get us back to the promised land.

cymatica

Reaction score
Just to watch some more game steering and/or incompetent officiating. Why bother

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
Expect a lot of dead money if that happens. I don’t think many pieces can change at this point without it eating up the salary cap
Maybe we can get rid of the coaching staff and coordinators and see what we have to work with

Rat

Reaction score
We missed our window to get a haul for Russ. Nobody is going to want him on his current deal.

evergreen

Reaction score
Need to be able to challenge the refs. Vegas has too much power in the game.

u0087966

Reaction score
Trade Wilson for two to three first rounders, draft offensive linemen and sign Aaron Rogers, easy peasy...lol

zchurch74

Reaction score
Doesn’t Russ have a no trade clause? Going to hurt if they try to trade him. We’re stuck with this old washed up QB.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Rat":3m00b4tq said:
We missed our window to get a haul for Russ. Nobody is going to want him on his current deal.

You people need to stop smoking crack. Denver would love him. On current deal. Just more proof...people overly speak out of their ass on this site.

getnasty

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1jskisjn said:
Rat":1jskisjn said:

You people need to stop smoking crack. Denver would love him. On current deal. Just more proof...people overly speak out of their ass on this site.

He might have exaggerated but he's not wrong about selling while his ceiling is high. Russell's value is at an all time low right not. Not saying someone still won't give up 3 first for him.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
getnasty":2juau8ww said:
jamescasey1124":2juau8ww said:
Rat":2juau8ww said:

He might have exaggerated but he's not wrong about selling while his ceiling is high. Russell's value is at an all time low right not. Not saying someone still won't give up 3 first for him.

This site is at an all time high of dumb assery. I'm willing to say russ can go somewhere else. He is hardly washed and would thrive in a place like Denver.

How do I know...it is all they talk about here...getting rodgers or russ. All over the radio. Wishing and hoping. With how you guys dismiss him...I'd f$#king love for him to come here and prove you guys wrong.

I will be on the seahawks suck wagon with everyone else, cuz I'm still seahawks everyday. It would be good to see him tell all the haters to eat shit.

pinksheets

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":ncnpxv3m said:
getnasty":ncnpxv3m said:
jamescasey1124":ncnpxv3m said:
Rat":ncnpxv3m said:

This site is at an all time high of dumb assery. I'm willing to say russ can go somewhere else. He is hardly washed and would thrive in a place like Denver.

How do I know...it is all they talk about here...getting rodgers or russ. All over the radio. Wishing and hoping. With how you guys dismiss him...I'd f$#king love for him to come here and prove you guys wrong.

I will be on the seahawks suck wagon with everyone else, cuz I'm still seahawks everyday. It would be good to see him tell all the haters to eat shit.

You're unwell.

getnasty

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1poiimbr said:
getnasty":1poiimbr said:
jamescasey1124":1poiimbr said:
Rat":1poiimbr said:

Nobody's saying Denver would love to have him i'm sure they would. Were saying high stock isn't as high as it once was.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
getnasty":14ppsok9 said:
jamescasey1124":14ppsok9 said:
getnasty":14ppsok9 said:
jamescasey1124":14ppsok9 said:

I will be on the seahawks suck wagon with everyone else, cuz I'm still seahawks everyday. It would be good to see him tell all the haters to eat $h!t.

Nobody's saying Denver would love to have him i'm sure they would. Were saying high stock isn't as high as it once was.

I'm saying it is...I've heard them discussing this. Talking about multiple picks etc etc. You guys don't know what the hell you are talking about.

pinksheets

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":sy4qjxij said:
pinksheets":sy4qjxij said:
jamescasey1124":sy4qjxij said:
getnasty":sy4qjxij said:

I will be on the seahawks suck wagon with everyone else, cuz I'm still seahawks everyday. It would be good to see him tell all the haters to eat $h!t.

You're unwell.

Says guy following me in threads. I'm sure you are the leader of most head strong, sophisticated and intellectual f$#k sticks on this site. That I'm sure. I said bye already once. Be ghost terd baby.

You're popping into every thread to defend your little guy. Nobody's following you anywhere.

You've got a real obsession with the guy - clearly primarily a Russ fan to the point of attacking any other player on the team to excuse the poor play of the guy.

I don't know. I'm a grown adult and I would feel weird if I were that into some particular football player. Losing my sh!t at anyone who even mildly critiqued him. Weird sh!t, man. Questionable sh!t.

James in PA

Reaction score
The frustrating part for me is that there's no simple answer on how to fix this mess. Do we fire Pete? John? Shane? KNJ? Or some combination of those guys? Trade Russ for picks and in the process free up cap space in order to acquire more talent across the board? I am certain that I don't want to just hand the keys to Russ and have everything go through him. He's not shown that he's on the same level as a Brady or a Rodgers. All I know is that these coaches, this GM, and this QB are not compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getnasty

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1ti8cmot said:
getnasty":1ti8cmot said:
jamescasey1124":1ti8cmot said:
getnasty":1ti8cmot said:

I'm saying it is...I've heard them discussing this. Talking about multiple picks etc etc. You guys don't know what the hell you are talking about.

So you hearing from Denver Bronco fans on the radio they want Russell. That equates to his stock being as high as it every has. Sounds good to me.

King Dog

Reaction score
Jamal Adams cost two firsts and a third. If we don't get more than that for Russ, first I'm gonna puke, second, you can kick John Schneider's arse to the curb.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Lets forget about Russ for right now and get down to the real root of the problem and thats Pete Carroll. Nothing is going to change as long as he is there. Thats where the changes need to start.

OP
OP
J

jeremiah

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":13do53ib said:
Lets forget about Russ for right now and get down to the real root of the problem and thats Pete Carroll. Nothing is going to change as long as he is there. Thats where the changes need to start.

The problem IS PC and has always been Pete Carroll. He was and maybe still is a great accumulator of talent, he is a piss poor coach. I make that evaluation by the very yardstick that Don Shula was measured by way back in the stone age. He can take his players, and beat yours. He can take your players and beat his. PC could never do that, Bill Belicik could do that, and still can. The Coach of the Ravens seems to have some of that too. He has excelled with 3 QBs, winning Super Bowls with two of them, yet jettisoning one for a future star. The secret isn't to find a franchise QB and hold onto him forever, it is to use him until you decide there is better. Just like for a WR, RB, O lineman or Free Safety and Corner. The biggest sin on the Seahawks was not losing to the Pats in the Superb Owl. It was signing RW to a big contract before they milked his rookie deal to the Nth degree. Rewards lead to less effort, the promise of a reward leads to maximum effort.

In that vein, the Ravens would be wise to keep their current QB under contract only until he gets close to 28, trade him off and rent another on the up and coming. The contracts these players command destroy teams. The Patriots kept on winning because Coach was in control, not Brady. Tom Brady knew this, and kept his contract demands reasonable. You can bet the players around him knew and appreciated that, especially the lower paid O linemen.

nutluck

Reaction score
I think Pete was a great coach, he came to the NFL. Saw something no one else was doing and built a great defense, one of the all time greats and had some good success with it. The biggest problem Pete has is what happens to a lot of people that become great, the get drunk on their own success and develop a ego and think they can do no wrong.

Pete wants to keep doing what worked in the past, but that is not how the NFL works. You have to adapt and change to have long term success, work with what you have in players and adapt to them not the other way around. To get the most out of them and scheme game plans against each opponent differently. Not try and force your system against them when it might not match up well.

Pete could be a great coach again, but I think it is to late. I don't think his ego would let him completely change and take his hands off and focus on just being a HC. Sad to see but that is how I feel about him. He reminds me of some of the hollywood directors that made amazing movies when I was a kid and then turn out crap later and still think what they do is amazing.

Latest posts