First game of the year. What's the situation?

chris98251

Reaction score
Here's what the Packers are looking at.

Secondary probably going to be.

Safeties

Thomas and Chancellor, both guys like to hit.

Behind Thomas we have a legitimate back up in McDougald for a change, Not Thomas but able to play both Free and Strong since he at 209 can lay wood also, behind Kam at least depth wise is Hill and Thompson savvy Kids with size as well.

CB's

Sherman someone who is one of the best run support CB's in the game and Lane or Griffin, I would lean towards Lane, Backing them up is Griffin, Thorpe and Coleman none are slouches with Thorpe a 5 year guy, Coleman probably going to the nickel or Griffin to RCB and Lane Nickel first game. Griffin is the weak link due to inexperience and he held up well in pre season.

We have no weaknesses at LB, all experienced and if one goes down next man up, we have more depth by a long shot now then last year. Wagner, Wright starting and Alexander and Dewey McDonald backing Wright up and Wilhoite and Smith making up the rest of the back ups. Strong and fast and experienced.

Lets talk D line,

DT as of now are Richardson, Jones, and Reed. Have the Rookie who showed promise in Jones, but lets talk nasty and attitude with Reed and Richardson, someone said if motivated Richardson is a Suh type player, Reed has been playing with a attitude of Nasty and improved every game last year. If Jones picks up their intensity that's a nasty inside, now throw Bennett and Clark on the occasional rotation, Richardson has not had a group around him like this, they will motivate the hell out of this kid to step it up and one up each other.

Oh and we have Bass, Avril, Bennett and Clark as DE's as well, Bass has shown a knack of getting to the backfield almost Clemons like, The rest Avril Bennett and Clark are just race horses waiting for the gate to drop that will pursue disrupt tackle and read plays well.

This is a defense that may play the same type of defense but I think is going to be more aggressive up front and much more attitude, we just need to control it and not let it go over the edge.

Many of you remember the game in Seattle where we had like 8 sacks in the first half and Aaron was beside himself and lost all sense of composure, that's what we need again but not relax this time and need a immaculate catch to win it.

On offense I can only think that Lacy wants redemption and we will see him at his best to pay back the Packers for not believing in him, mix in Rawls and Carson or Prosise and our running game should be a lot for their defense to handle, our O line if we just play within ourselves and not create long third downs on stupid penalties should be able to wear down the Packers. Their secondary may be improved on paper but will be young and exploitable, running the ball will force them to cheat up and set up Lockett, Richardson for the deep shots.

Again not making dumb mistakes that take points off the board and making Aaron miserable all the while our secondary makes their receivers aware that if a ball comes to you your going to feel it till Saturday next week.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
chris98251":yoft2yi9 said:
Here's what the Packers are looking at.

Secondary probably going to be.

Safeties

Thomas and Chancellor, both guys like to hit.

Behind Thomas we have a legitimate back up in McDougald for a change, Not Thomas but able to play both Free and Strong since he at 209 can lay wood also, behind Kam at least depth wise is Hill and Thompson savvy Kids with size as well.

CB's

Sherman someone who is one of the best run support CB's in the game and Lane or Griffin, I would lean towards Lane, Backing them up is Griffin, Thorpe and Coleman none are slouches with Thorpe a 5 year guy, Coleman probably going to the nickel or Griffin to RCB and Lane Nickel first game. Griffin is the weak link due to inexperience and he held up well in pre season.

We have no weaknesses at LB, all experienced and if one goes down next man up, we have more depth by a long shot now then last year. Wagner, Wright starting and Alexander and Dewey McDonald backing Wright up and Wilhoite and Smith making up the rest of the back ups. Strong and fast and experienced.

Lets talk D line,

DT as of now are Richardson, Jones, and Reed. Have the Rookie who showed promise in Jones, but lets talk nasty and attitude with Reed and Richardson, someone said if motivated Richardson is a Suh type player, Reed has been playing with a attitude of Nasty and improved every game last year. If Jones picks up their intensity that's a nasty inside, now throw Bennett and Clark on the occasional rotation, Richardson has not had a group around him like this, they will motivate the hell out of this kid to step it up and one up each other.

Oh and we have Bass, Avril, Bennett and Clark as DE's as well, Bass has shown a knack of getting to the backfield almost Clemons like, The rest Avril Bennett and Clark are just race horses waiting for the gate to drop that will pursue disrupt tackle and read plays well.

This is a defense that may play the same type of defense but I think is going to be more aggressive up front and much more attitude, we just need to control it and not let it go over the edge.

Many of you remember the game in Seattle where we had like 8 sacks in the first half and Aaron was beside himself and lost all sense of composure, that's what we need again but not relax this time and need a immaculate catch to win it.

On offense I can only think that Lacy wants redemption and we will see him at his best to pay back the Packers for not believing in him, mix in Rawls and Carson or Prosise and our running game should be a lot for their defense to handle, our O line if we just play within ourselves and not create long third downs on stupid penalties should be able to wear down the Packers. Their secondary may be improved on paper but will be young and exploitable, running the ball will force them to cheat up and set up Lockett, Richardson for the deep shots.

Again not making dumb mistakes that take points off the board and making Aaron miserable all the while our secondary makes their receivers aware that if a ball comes to you your going to feel it till Saturday next week.

Then the question is what crew is doing the game? I have not seen assignments yet and they will probably be out on either Tuesday or Wednesday. If we get a flaghappy crew, expect a chaotic game controlled by the ref. I think we have seen a few preseason games with flagfests. It was not purty.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Their defense is a problem for them.

Also, they lost Sutton and Lang at OG. Bulaga is gimpy. They lost a ton of talent in the interior and Richardson/Bennett and Clark should have an absolute field day with pressures.

Think of the mismatch Glowinski versus Gerald McCoy last year. Remember how ugly that was? Now think of three Glowinskis versus three McCoys. That's what Rodgers will be facing Sunday.

I agree this will be an important litmus test for our D. This is the kind of offense this defense should really chew up. The trench advantage is heavily in Seattle's favor. At least on paper. It'll remain to be seen how long it takes for Richardson to get up to speed with the D. And if there are any negative impacts to existing players with the introduction of Richardson. Specifically, I'm wondering if Bennett's freedom to improvise is either neutralized or negatively impacted. Rubin played the foil to Bennett's creativity. Will Richardson do the same, or will he require Bennett play more orthodox and result in fewer opportunities to make pressure. Or will two cooks in the kitchen coexist and create an even better result.

Hawks46

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":dhgqepkz said:
Atradees":dhgqepkz said:

Seahawk's have signed Sheldon Richardson.

The Packers have signed Ahmad Brooks at linebacker.

Rodgers is always tough- especially at home.

Is the Packers D good enough to give us protection problems?

GB has had our number in Lambeau. We haven't won there since Holmgren's first season (1999).

Capers is in Wilson's head. He has terrible games against that defense, for some reason.

We have to get pressure on Erin or he will carve us up.

I think we need to score 28 plus to win.

This, all of it.

The only way I can think of us winning is establishing the run and getting some turn overs. Actually, winning the turn over battle.

GB has some OL issues and one of their Tackles (Bulaga?) is coming off of a minor ankle injury. He'll likely play, but anything less than 100% against our DL could be problematic.

Rodgers is going to eviscerate whoever is playing RCB. Should probably bring pressure from that side.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Just a note on Bulaga. I believe he played injured and against the Raiders in '15 and held Khalil Mack to one sack and two pressures. The sack was a superhuman effort by Mack to avoid slipping to the ground. No double teams, no help. The dude is insanely good.

Josea16

Reaction score
Hawks46":16fgfqxg said:
FlyingGreg":16fgfqxg said:
Atradees":16fgfqxg said:

GB has had our number in Lambeau. We haven't won there since Holmgren's first season (1999).

Capers is in Wilson's head. He has terrible games against that defense, for some reason.

This, all of it.

The only way I can think of us winning is establishing the run and getting some turn overs. Actually, winning the turn over battle.

GB has some OL issues and one of their Tackles (Bulaga?) is coming off of a minor ankle injury. He'll likely play, but anything less than 100% against our DL could be problematic.

Rodgers is going to eviscerate whoever is playing RCB. Should probably bring pressure from that side.

Josea16

Reaction score
Josea16":9805av89 said:
Hawks46":9805av89 said:
FlyingGreg":9805av89 said:
Atradees":9805av89 said:

This, all of it.

Yes, but middle pressure says it's a 24-20 game. Pick em. Oh yeah, Griffin is the real deal and will be starting much sooner then later.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Keys to a win in GB . Pressure on Rogers and Seattle has to get some turnovers ,if we can do that the Seahawks win if not likely it's a loss . It will be a tough game but i think we have a good chance of getting the victory.

NINEster

Reaction score
Jville":33zgmb72 said:
getnasty":33zgmb72 said:
Just leave Brooks unblocked and let Russell put him on skates like he always does.
[youtube]MoJqD_9vI34[/youtube]

:evil:

If Brooks is gonna leave SF, I'm glad he could at least teleport back to the good ole days. :mrgreen:

NINEster

Reaction score
Overall I see this game being very close.

Seattle's D looks improved which should give Rodgers some problems, but will Wilson finally figure out Capers D?

How will the Seahawks offense operate in the early stages of #NoKearse?

I predict this one to be low scoring....from a 10-10 tie up to a 16-13 game.

Latest posts