For all the sky is falling guys

cymatica

Reaction score
what about Graham in the redzone or at the goal line. That's where most of the criticism comes from

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
cymatica":1izbybb4 said:
what about Graham in the redzone or at the goal line. That's where most of the criticism comes from

He gets doubled on virtually every route. When he isn't doubled, he gets his share of targets.

chris98251

Reaction score
He has been doubled most of his career, you scheme and you run good routes and get separation, Brees seemed to get the ball to him and it's not like he is our only target. That's on the route trees and the OC.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yeah New Orleans had to deal with double coverage as well and found ways to scheme him open. Bevell doesn't deserve a free pass for his lack of usage. Gronk, Kelcie etc get the same exact treatment from opposing defenses yet they find a way to get them the ball. There are ways to move Graham from bracketed coverage in the red zone. If they over commit you should at least be able to scheme other guys open because of it yet we aren't very good in the red zone. Bevell needs to be better.

nash72

Reaction score
Mase":1gu8eyer said:
--
-- Actually, an observation from the live game first, get off the "we don't use Graham right" mantra. If you could see the game live you would realize how ignorant it is. Yes, sometimes he stays in to help block, or at least starts with a chip, but believe me, the Cards were paying a lot of attention to 88. There bracketing of Graham is why our WRs were getting so many one on ones, and why Baldwin absolutely owned Peterson in the second half.

If I remember correctly, Jimmy Graham was the biggest weapon in New Orleans and yet he still produced. Strange isnt it? Face it, he's not being used correctly here.

-- But to the replay. George Fant played very well..... except against Chandler Jones. Unfortunately, he faced Jones probably 80% of the game. Make no mistake, Jones played him like a fiddle. He unleashed all the classics, speed rush, inside spin, hand slap, lung and dig. Truth be told, you have to expect that to an extent, right? He isn't Walter. However, he is athletic, and usually doesn't make the same mistake twice. I was actually very optimistic about him even after this game. He needs to see more, before he can be more.

So basically Fant played like garbage for 80% of the game right? Thats not a positive thing.

-- Oh, and P.S. I'm still IN.

First road playoff game and they are history.

Coxal

Reaction score
I think we are going to NFC championship.

We will host redksins/buccs/lions in the wildcard. I know we have weaknesses but I just can't see this team losing a playoff game @home. Not right now. Not with this players. Not with PC. And not against those shaky teams.

Let's face Atlanta in the semi finals. My guess is that we take back what we left 4 years ago in their stadium at the same stage of the competition. Guys will go out of their mind and play a helluva game. PC style.

It leave us in the final game and I will stop prediction. Hope that in this scenario we will play Dallas with a rookie QB and not the red hot Aaron Rodgers.

Make them notice. Relentless.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It is what it is, we all look at it our own way. Plenty of people are going to assume the worst after a loss or in general.
To each his/her own. I choose to be positive about it, much more this year than before. It has helped my blood pressure quite a bit :mrgreen:

mrt144

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":m9uz2ymw said:
cymatica":m9uz2ymw said:

He gets doubled on virtually every route. When he isn't doubled, he gets his share of targets.

I didn't realize that a double team on Graham could so thoroughly destroy our red zone conversion rates distributed among all our other receivers.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
mrt144":ws4keoj8 said:
LoneHawkFan":ws4keoj8 said:
cymatica":ws4keoj8 said:

I didn't realize that a double team on Graham could so thoroughly destroy our red zone conversion rates distributed among all our other receivers.
Against the Cardinals there were 4 TD passes to 4 different players.

Does it matter that Graham didn't instead get all 4 and the rest none?

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":qmpcsbin said:
mrt144":qmpcsbin said:
LoneHawkFan":qmpcsbin said:
cymatica":qmpcsbin said:

FWIW, Cards' D has been pretty near #1 against TEs all season.

Largent80

Reaction score
Let's face it. A team can come in to Century Link and beat the Hawks. Carolina did it last year, AZ did it this year. Both of those games were very important (to the other team), while the Hawks are riding their pogo stick.

Up-down...up-down......The sky isn't falling, but the Hawks appear to be. Excuses, injuries....blah, blah, blah.

Finger pointing by Sherman who couldn't cover my dead grandmother in the last few games. It's a load of malarky this year. Going into the season flip flopping the tackle position on O-Line was a harbinger, now look at it.

I dunno, all I can say is what I see.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
2012 Ravens. 2010 Packers. 2008 Cardinals. All examples of teams that faltered in the later part of the season and still at least made it to the Super Bowl.

You cheer until the season is over. Screw this doom and gloom. GO HAWKS.

SeaChat

Reaction score
A lot of good things have been said in this thread. A couple that jump out at me are that the Seahawks have traditionally struggled in the first half and then have come back and won their games in the second half. Another is that if you go back over the 40 seasons that the Seahawks have been playing and focus even more on the last 5 years, we have not been a perfect defense or offense, albeit the LOB has made their mark and have made us proud with many of their performances. and have been instrumental in our winning games and finding ourselves in playoff competition in those past 5 years.
One thing starting out this season that bothered me with our defense ,was that they were not getting the turnovers and interceptions that they were notorious for the 4 or 5 seasons prior. That has improved as the season has progressed but I still think we could do better with the interception strategy out there. Forcing fumbles has improved dramatically although I think sometimes we are trading critical yards down field trying to strip the ball instead of focusing first on stopping the progress.
Our offense has lacked a running game this season with Marshawn gone and the Rawls of yesteryear not having found his rhythm again in 2016. I keep hoping and giving some of the blame to the offensive line. Alex Collins breakout against Arizona made me wonder if the line was the problem with Rawls or maybe we need to stop trying to run Rawls up the middle and start running him around the ends where he is best, going man on man, busting tackles and running like a mad man once he gets a little momentum.
Our passing game is fine, Russell is Russell, he is never going to be the quick fire pocket passer, its not that he isn't capable, it's just not what he likes to do. He likes to step back and let big plays develop and then let go and given enough time he will do amazing things, but the young line hasn't been able to provide him the precious 2 or 3 extra seconds he's needed to accomplish that type of play very often, resulting in a boat load of sacks, interceptions, and funbles. Big set backs, and then working our defense to death trying to get him the ball back and give him another chance. There have been a fair number of times where he has found his way out of the trouble he's gotten himself into and salvaged a win from what looked everything to be a loss for the Seahawks.
In summary this team has always, in part, been "Lucky" in finding their way to wins and to Super Bowl games. Some call it luck, I like to call it the magic of the 12th man, which since it's birth has always felt like a living, breathing presense on the field that has shown itself in game after game, always right about that time that you think all is lost and there is no way they can possibly turn it around, only to watch them do exactly that.
Think back over the years and the crazy plays that happened at the end of our most critical games that have handed us that magical opportunity to win, and on many occasions we have done exactly that.
This is why you want to never say never to the Seahawks, if our spirit dies, their spirit dies, and that crazy magic dies with it. I'll keep the spirit alive in me and do my best to keep the spirit alive on the field in the form of the 12th man, who I maintain is the most important player on the field and who will ultimately decide our success or failure.

mrt144

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":uqz9dhdj said:
mrt144":uqz9dhdj said:
LoneHawkFan":uqz9dhdj said:
cymatica":uqz9dhdj said:

On an individual game basis, probably not - season aggregate, what exactly is it about JFG's inclusion into this offense that has seemingly destroyed 3rd down and red zone conversions?

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
^ Yep, perhaps JG will play a part in improving those numbers. Here's hoping he can.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Interesting note: since 2012, we've only lost six times at home. Three of these times were to Arizona. Half. 50%. Not like it came as a surprise, no matter how confident anyone was about this last game.

Everyone else? Usually feels a world of pain leaving Century Link Field. No matter how good they are.

OP
OP
Ozzy

Ozzy

Reaction score
Great point Sailor.

Latest posts