Frank Clark Deserves a Real PayDay

chris98251

Reaction score
There is some comers around Frank this year, I liked some of what I saw from a few of our young guys, I expect a much different rotation this year.

Jville

Reaction score
The question and timing of the question of whether to extend Frank Clark reminds me of the Bruce Irvin decision point a couple years ago.

Exceptional athlete. Role player that fits into a rotation to create advantageous match ups. Note worthy individual score card in areas he cares about. Question as to whether he see the big picture. He did play 67% of the defensive snaps last year which is encouraging. At this point in time, Frank does seem to be further along than where Bruce was. But, can he set the example they are looking for and can he become "that" leader? And, at what price?

For me it is reminiscent of the considerations they had with Bruce Irvin a couple of years. Once again I'm on the fence with that question. I just don't know as much as those who work with Frank at the VMAC. What I do know is that gap discipline and penalty avoidance are going to be points of emphasis.

Chapow

Reaction score
Those that want to wait and see what he can do without Bennett and Avril here, if he has a strong year, his price is going to go up. If he has a break out year, his price is going to go up a lot.

Bennett and Avril being gone could actually be beneficial to him in terms of production BTW (sacks, pressures, etc.).

Jville

Reaction score
I've seen some assessments and projections but no hard numbers on Frank's current and projected market value. Hard numbers only materialize thru negotiation. And, as much progress as he seemed to make in 2017, maybe he will chose to hold off on an extension, bet on himself, go get that All Pro recognition, and crush the bank. That could turn out to be the win win outcome for 2018. We just don't know until events present themselves.

sc85sis

Reaction score
adeltaY":5b1uob34 said:
Isn't Clark actually a physical freak though? It's been a while but I remember him being very explosive at the combine. Also many top tier guys don't get consistent pressure every game. Von and Khalil have had more than a few games where they were blanked or schemed out of making an impact.
He ran a 4.64 forty at 270 pounds, had a 39.11” vertical and a 9’10” broad jump. His 20-yard shuttle took only 4.05 seconds, the best of any d-lineman at the combine that year (and better than many cornerbacks).

Smellyman

Reaction score
sc85sis":2f36kqqk said:
adeltaY":2f36kqqk said:
Isn't Clark actually a physical freak though? It's been a while but I remember him being very explosive at the combine. Also many top tier guys don't get consistent pressure every game. Von and Khalil have had more than a few games where they were blanked or schemed out of making an impact.
He ran a 4.64 forty at 270 pounds, had a 39.11” vertical and a 9’10” broad jump. His 20-yard shuttle took only 4.05 seconds, the best of any d-lineman at the combine that year (and better than many cornerbacks).

40 at combine was 4.79 40. Pro day at 4.64 is more than a little dubious

adeltaY

Reaction score
Yeah but 40 speed isn't that important for DE. Being an explosive athlete is, so 10 yard split is more relevant (Frank's was 1.58) . His shuttle time was fantastic.

Look, I'm not saying he's going to be an elite pass rusher because he tested well, I'm just saying that he's not an "effort guy" who lacks athleticism. He's clearly an elite athlete and it has shown up on tape. He needs to tap into that more consistently to reach the next level.

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/seattles-f ... -explosion